Echo Beach

Guest Miranda

A spooky thing has occurred :whistle: I said the other day to my husband that it would be good if they had an English version of Home and Away set in a surfing area e.g. Cornwall, and next week it seems that Echo Beach is starting, which seems to be a soap set in Cornwall based around surfers. Now have they been bugging my house or is it just a coincidence? :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have that other programme before it - Moving Wallpaper - it's a behind-the-scenes comedy which follows Echo Beach's fictional producer Jonathan Pope (Ben Miller) and the team at Echo Beach Productions, where the army of executives, crew and publicists behind the soap will be taken to the brink of insanity by their irrepressible producer.

This programme (programmes?) sounds very confusing. I'd like to get into it as i think the UK needs another soap after losing Brookside, Night and Day, Crossroads and Family Affairs in quick succession but as Night and Day proved making a soap with a different edge doesn't always go down too well (although personally i always loved it!).

I've read about three TV Critics reports and so far it doesn't look good, with all of them saying that Moving Wallpaper looks funny and is great but the soap itself is boring. I hope it's not true as i'd love another soap to get addicted too.

Archived