Echo Beach

Guest Miranda

I really like Echo Beach and Moving Wallpaper. At first i wasn't so sure about the idea of the two shows being linked but i think it really works well. The TV critics have all slagged it off but i feel like they haven't particularly bothered to give it a chance, they've just written it off as rubbish without making the effort to try and get into it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be more surprised if the critics actually liked it, they never give anything a chance. I've actually seen a clip of this weeks episode and it looks even better than the first two (which were great). I just think the critics struggle to cope with something that's slightly different.

I think that critics will just write anything to sell their papers. And I suppose their job title means they will be critical of things :angry: Anyway, sod the lot of 'em, I shall stick with Echo Beach. Be interesting to see if EB comes back for a second season.

I tthink they should have better cliffhangers at the end of each episode. Last night was just Susan/Martine crying on the beach...??? Wht should have happened was something like her falling through a hole into an unknown cave and the next episode everyone looking for her. That sounds like the Michael/Martha/ disused mine scenario but its the best I could think of :lol:

I tthink they should have better cliffhangers at the end of each episode. Last night was just Susan/Martine crying on the beach...???

I got the impression it the location she was crying at that was significant, what with her running her fingers through the sand....

Echo Beach is one of those programmes that I know is terrible, but I can't help watching. I mean seriously, it's dire....but I seem to have kept tuning in.... :huh: My main issue is it with, the central 'secret' storyline just isn't compelling enough. They haven't given me enough information for me to actually want to know what happens next so it's all a bit bland at the moment. When the end of the episode comes around I find myself thinking....'so who actually got screentime this episode'?....none of the characters are at all memorable. Overall, pretty poor thusfar, but I'll still no doubt see it through....

Moving Wallpaper....I think its finding its feet at the moment....the first couple of episodes I would've called a drama with a couple of comic moments as opposed to a comedy, but the third episode seemed more rewarding.....but as with Echo Beach, we'll see....

^ Sometimes i think that as well, you spend so much of your time looking out for things in Echo Beach that they have talked about in Moving Wallpaper, that you're not actually concentrating on what's going on. It kind of makes a mockery out of the soap which means people don't take it seriously, its a shame :(

Archived