Spears Pregnant

Guest .Cat.

Hm, I thought the rules in the US were the same as they are here. The age of which you are allowed to have sex without "doing anything illegal" is 16, and the ago of which you are an "adult" (18 btw) doesn't have anything to do with thath. I'm probably wrong though.

I have to say I'm a bit shocked about Jamie Lynn. I have a friend who got pregnant and had a baby at 16, and she's doing great. She's a good mother and everything, so it has nothing to do with that that I shake my head about this.

It annoys me so much how they sell her off as the perfect, innocent little angel and then suddenly they drop the bomb and tell us she's pregnant. They obviously couldn't have known this would happen, but they need to stop creating these perfect pictures of innocent people.

Also I find the pre marital sex comment kind of pathetic, the question as much as her reply. It just comes to show once again that in showbiz in the US you're pretty much either a slut or a prude.

I'm not saying that pre marital sex necessarily is a good thing, but like my friend said in response to this article: "Americans need to stop only using pre marital celibacy like it is the only option, and start educating people about condoms as well."

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, I thought the rules in the US were the same as they are here. The age of which you are allowed to have sex without "doing anything illegal" is 16, and the ago of which you are an "adult" (18 btw) doesn't have anything to do with thath. I'm probably wrong though.

It depends on the state they live in, I think. Laws can be very different from state to state.

I think 16 is a bit young but there are lots of 16 year olds who had a baby and who are doing very well. As long as she can take care of her child, I don't mind. Besides, she's got her parents to help her. From what I read, they support her, so does her boyfriend. Hopefully, she will take better care of her child than Britney did.

*sigh*

I know it's a cliche, but I blame the parents. Obviously I don't know them personally but from what I've seen and read they basically exploited their kids for money. Maybe Britney and Jamie Lynn would still have got into the entertainment industry without their influence, but it would most likely have been at a later age when they were mature enough to make their own choices. As it is, they've had no real experience of a 'normal' life, so it's no wonder they're screwed up. As Eli says, there's no such thing as perfection and presenting young girls as the modern day equivalent of the Virgin Mary is only going to make them want to rebel against it.

It depends on the state they live in, I think. Laws can be very different from state to state.

I think 16 is a bit young but there are lots of 16 year olds who had a baby and who are doing very well. As long as she can take care of her child, I don't mind. Besides, she's got her parents to help her. From what I read, they support her, so does her boyfriend. Hopefully, she will take better care of her child than Britney did.

I read that her dad and sister didn't know that she was pregnant before they read the magazine :P

Ooh, and aparently (sp?) Jamie ended it with her bf :P

I'm starting to hate the whole spears family. First Britney, then Jamie and now their mother can't publish her book :P

I realised when I read an article about it today. I guess I should have known :rolleyes:

I think some states have the same rules as we here though, I'm pretty sure of that.

claire_louise: I couldn't agree more on the Virgin Mary comment!

• 5 months later...

Jamie Lynn Spears Welcomes A Baby Girl

19 June 2008 9:34 AM, PDT

Britney Spears has become an aunt - her teenage sister Jamie Lynn has given birth to a baby girl.

The Zoey 101 actress, 17, is reported to have checked into the Mississippi Southwest Regional Medical Center in McComb, Mississippi at 4am local time on Thursday, where she welcomed the unnamed tot, according to The National Enquirer.

And the Toxic singer was on hand to help - she was snapped arriving at the hospital early that morning.

The baby is Jamie Lynn and her fiance Casey Aldridge's firstborn.

The teen star stunned the Spears family when she announced her pregnancy news last year, at the age of 16.

Source: IMDB

Maybe someone called her when Jamie Lynn was in labour and Britney had the time to come and see her. :unsure:

Congratulations to Jamie Lynn and Casey! I wonder how she is going to name her daughter. Sean Preston and Jayden James have a little cousin to play with. :D

Archived