Jonah/Michael Abraham Appreciation Thread *spoiler*

Guest Tasha

hey people...i just thought of something...what happened to scruffy when michael left (can't believe i just 'said' that 'aloud'!!) he didn't take him with him and he wasn't around when he brought martha back to the diner flat and he didn't go out to give him to annie!! so, can someone please solve the mystery of the missing dog!!

ps. i can't believe that martha didn't get to stop the wedding, now they're going to drag the story of those two losers on for longer...sounds crazy maybe, but what was the point of her running poor michael out of town if she wasn't going to get jack straightaway! i thought jack would find out she was there and run off with her on the wedding day even though he'd gone through with the wedding! what a waste of michael.

so how long has the story of jack and martha been going on, how many YEARS?! they came in 2005, and had instant attraction and it's now 2008, unbelievable, what are the writers waiting for?? judgement day????????? this surely has to be the longest 'will EVENTUALLY get back together couple' that H&A has done, and it's done a few in its time, and will continue to do so. have to say that this is a trait of H&A i hate...it just stifles storylines and anything new developing. and i know that they use it a lot when people are leaving, but someone should tell them that there are other ways to do that! maybe H&A need some new writers.... from now on, i won't get sucked in by any new romances, we know that they'll get them back with the person they were with in the beginning! like ric and mattie...in the uk, they've just broken up over the whole sleeping with viv and the pregnancy story, but it's so obvious that they'll get back together.

...haven't the writers heard of falling out of & staying out of love??? an example just occurred to me, you know when jack got beaten up and was in hospital ages ago, lost the use of his legs, introduction of sam? and martha stayed by his side, gave him blood, in comes ash...and she told alf that being there made her realise that she wasn't in love with him anymore-WHAT THE HECK WAS ALL THAT ABOUT?? seriously, the H&A writers need to learn that there is such a thing as moving on!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw. apologies for the above rant guys, as you can see i need to let out some steam...got a bit too emotionally involved with michael, and really didn't think he would leave! honestly thought he'd stick around... :(

that'll teach me to fall in love with a soap character...no wonder people say that soaps are a bad idea! we should stick to films, there's a beginning and an end, and characters don't leave after a bit because of actors who don't want to stick around, and things developing that you don't want! (sigh)

hey guys

how do i get an avator? i'm a complete techno-novice and don't know anything about them...but i REALLY want one of michael (either the image of him just before he kisses martha for the first time under the tree, or at the beach when he tells jack to back off martha for the first time-those are the two times that he looked unbelievably, heart-throbbingly gorgeous!! agree anyone?)

anyway...would love some help, anyone?

x

This sux! Micjael has just left on NZ screens :-( What a waste! He had so much potential.

BTW, Tanya, your little rant above was very well said! I agree totally!

thanks! :lol:

btw. i love 'you're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!' fab! and just out of curiousity, who do you like together pete+leah or pete+claire?? i'm confused!!

and definitely, michael had such potential...i was just saying on another thread about different ways to 'develop' him, like it would have been really interesting to see if they got tasha back, and her reaction to him and martha, then the whole clearing up of the baby thing would have happened, even though he thought it was best to leave it, this is a soap and the golden rule of soaps is - THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS COME OUT!! :lol: then i thought that they could have done something about him tracking down his birth family, would have been interesting to see whether he would have coz i'm sure they would have made it a dilemma for him about whether he'd want to track them down and then having to reveal his life story to them, believers, prison, etc. and watch whether they would have accepted him or not. also, i was in the park yesterday and saw some dads with their kids, and thought of michael again (i know, i'm hopeless) and thought, i'd have loved to know what he felt about not having kids, did he want them? how did he feel knowing he was sterile? we were never told. he would have made a BRILLIANT dad, wouldn't he??? :wub:

btw. is mumma rose supposed to be dead or is she in prison? coz the other thing i thought was that if he wanted to track his real family down, he'd have to go and see her to get the info on where she got him from, so that could have been another great storyline...with him visiting mumma rose in prison would have been so great, don't you think so? i would have loved to see him do that...it would have been so emotional for him, to meet her knowing everything he does now, that she'd robbed him of his entire life basically, to be free of her, and yet not being able to forget that she had been his mother. (man, i should take over the writers job at h&a, LOL)

aahhhh, michael...we miss you.

OMG people!!!!!

since michael left, i've been blaming james mitchell for being an ambitious young actor and taking off to do different things, but i just found out that he really wanted to stay with the show-so now i'm just confused again! it was basically the decision of the producers, but can someone please help me to understand why they didn't keep him on? i'd have understood it a bit if martha had gotten together with jack and left or something, but that didn't happen and now jack's married and martha's single, why didn't they keep martha & michael together for longer? there was no need to have ended them like that, so soon! i mean, of course martha and jack will get together one day, we all know that, but they could have written it so that this wasn't one of their 'will we get back together moments.'

the only thing i can think of is that they knew the effect this storyline would have on us (sob!) and they wanted to milk the emotional impact of michael being heartbroken by making it end so suddenly BUT that doesn't make any sense to me - why get rid of a great actor & an amazing character when he would have been willing to stay on?? and if they wanted to get his heart broken by martha, then they should have just done that but they didn't have to write him out - they could have let him stay on as a single guy and developed his character further! (in the many ways that i suggested above. hehe)

Archived