Misheard Lyrics

Guest Mez83

^ The fact that you even know what Red Dwarf is makes me proud *snaps*

Did you hear about the new thing 'Back to Earth'? Sorry, don't mind me. It's just Red Dwarf is my fave TV show :D

I'm listening to... nothing atm. Will edit this post tomoz.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I know Red dwarf <3 Lmao, it's amazing. I spent my whole holiday watching it :P And yeahh I havent seen the new eps yet because I have yet to watch Season 8, but I cant wait to get them on dvd :D

But I feel ashamed having misheard the lyrics for years :P

I caught the end of American Idol last night. I don't know the name of the song. Actually, maybe it's something like 'What's love got to do with it?'. Well, I always heard 'It's a second hand emotion' but it's actually 'It's an old fashioned notion'. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

I caught the end of American Idol last night. I don't know the name of the song. Actually, maybe it's something like 'What's love got to do with it?'. Well, I always heard 'It's a second hand emotion' but it's actually 'It's an old fashioned notion'. :rolleyes:

I always thought that too!

• 2 weeks later...

"What's Love Got To Do With It"

You must understand

That the touch of your hand

Makes my pulse react

That it`s only the thrill

Of boy meeting girl

Opposites attract

It`s physical

Only logical

You must try to ignore

That it means more than that

[Chorus]

Oh whats love got to do, got to do with it

What`s love but a second hand emotion

What`s love got to do, got to do with it

Who needs a heart

When a heart can be broken

It may seem to you

That i`m acting confused

When you`re close to me

If i tend to look dazed

I`ve read it someplace

I`ve got cause to be

There`s a name for it

There`s a phrase that fits

But whatever the reason

You do it for me

[Chorus]

I`ve been thinking of a new direction

But i have to say

I`ve been thinking about my own protection

It scares me to feel this way

What`s love but a sweet old fashioned notion

Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken

Some of these I thought the same - they must be confusing songs. I agree with Black Fingernails, Red Wine and Manic Monday - I used to think it was man ache monday. Also Waterfalls by TLC - I thought it was "Dont go Jason Waterfalls" and about some guy when it's actually "dont go chasing waterfalls).

Wow I was just listening to a song while reading this page and thought I should check if I acutally do have the right lyrics. Its Midnight Youths All on our own. I thought the second line of the chorus was "more wooden than a spoon" turns out it's acutally "mama wouldn't let us fall" haha

Archived