Channel Seven news story

Guest mitchiev91

Actully they could've been refering to the Aus ratings which ARE pretty awful.

Oh, okay. But still, the whole tone of it sounds like they think that the show is going down the pan here, too. After being on the BBC for twenty-one years, it still might do after its move; I guess we've just got to wait and see.

Never believe a word that Channel Seven "news" reports. They are the trashiest media whores on Australian network television, and everything they say and do is said and done for the express purpose of creating "drama." They don't let facts get in the way of sensationalism.

EDIT: And obviously, Neighbours is the rival of Seven's most popular show. Of course they're going to want to trash it.

Channel seven just had a story on Neighbours they said it had been axed by the BBC UK and reported how low the ratings were here ! Then right at the end they said a commercial television station will air it there next year.

I think everyone needs to read this again. They never said it was axed by British Television all together just axed by BBC which is True. Also they never said the ratings were bad in the UK just Australia which is also true. I saw the news on Channel Ten last night, they showed a British news story about the show, saying it once got something like 16 million viewers a day and now gets 6 million which is still pretty good. It's just an example of rival networks telling the same story but different ways. Channel Seven says it like that because it's a rival show on a rival network and either doesn't care or want's it to look bad. However Channel Ten showed as if it was a good thing, well of course it is, they're making more money.

Archived