Say You're Sorry! (by Perry) - comments

Oxidizer

Oh happy birthday emmasi... Sequal maybe later... I see how many replies I get first... People just want Jack and Martha Fiction.

Well, for a sequel involving Corey, Jack and Martha wouldn't be out of the question... You could make everyone happy :D

Oh, and thanks! This fic was a great birthday present :D

Edited by emmasi

I don't love Jack on the show, but I like him in my fic. You have to make any character your own in order to write them. You have to give them motives for doing stuff and understand where they're coming from. You did that really well in this fic. There's aspects in Charlie and Tara's characters that I haven't really thought about, but you highlighted them to explain their actions.

So I guess what I'm saying is, you can write for characters you don't like (I don't like Tara). You can either try and see them from another perspective, or try to explain why it is that they do the things you hate, and then use that to your advantage.

Edited by emmasi

Wow that makes sense. I never thought of that. I guess that's why I don't usually write... I don't really like Kim or Rachel as characters but I needed them for the story to work I added one of my favourites, Kit even though she wasn't really needed. But to write about Jack and Martha and to explain what I don't like about them... well it would be a very long fic.

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Say You're Sorry! (by Perry) - comments