Home Is Where The Heart Is

Guest Roccoluver

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres the next update

Rocco pushed him self off the bed as he heard some one stomp up the stairs, he ran his hand over his face and hopped over to door. He opened it just in time to get a glimpse of a young woman ran past.

“Hey I’m Rocco” he called to her, she turned and glared at him. It was his first good look at her; her skin was a healthy tan colour, her hair a nice shade of brown in a ponytail and her brown eyes glaring draggers at him.

“You think you can come in and ruin our family, well we don’t want you” she said angrily with tears forming in her eyes. Rocco glared back.

“Well you’ll have to get use to it coz I’m not going anywhere” he replied walking back into the room. He slammed the door shut and fall backwards onto the bed he had claimed. Whisp jumped out and rubbed against Rocco, he turned away but Whisp just climbed over and curled up next to him.

Sally opened the door to Cassie’s room, she sat on her bed. Her head tucked up to her knees.

“Cassie what’s wrong” Sally asked gently as she sat next to her, laying a comforting hand on her back. Cassie looked over at Sal.

“I thought we were a family” she cried.

“We are Cass, but families get new additions. I’m not replacing you or Ric” she said pulling Cassie close for a hug.

“I will always love you Cassie” she said firmly and truthfully.

Ric stood for a moment in the empty and quiet lounge, silently debating with himself whether he should met the newest member of the household. Then again he could watch T.V without being interrupted for once. He reached for the remote and pointed it at the T.V, he sighed and threw the remote down onto the couch and ran up the stairs. He wonder what the guy would be like, he’d tried to remember what Sally had said way back when she first discussed the possibility of him moving in.

Nope his mind was blank. He took a deep breath and went to open the door, pausing slightly. Maybe he should knock, but then again it was his room. Then again who knew what Rocco could be up to, and Ric definitely didn’t want to walk in on that…

He knocked loudly and waited patiently at the door,

His door..

“What is it?” came the muffled replied, Ric sighed and bragged in, after all it was his room.

The guy was lying on the spare bed, he had short brown hair and a necklace lying on top his black singlet, Ric couldn’t make out his eyes from the angle he was.

“Hi I’m Ric” he said, thrusting his hand out to Rocco.

“I’m Rocco” came the grumbled reply; Ric frowned slightly.

Okay I have three warnings

one) I stop and started this small part many times and everytime had a slightly different idea on where to take it, so it might not be perfect, but Im sure it is :)

two) There is going to be gay relationship in this story slightly later on, so deal with it or stop reading :)

three) the language

on with the update

“I still can’t believe you thought Sally was replacing us” Ric said to Cassie’s back, her silence his only answer.

“Well you should go and apologies for snapping at him”. Cassie turned slowly and glared at Ric who grinned at her, she walked stiffly out of the kitchen. Ric rolled his eyes and grabbed a healthy apple, and a chocolate bar.

Cassie stood outside Ric’s door, that opened to the room that Rocco was in. She went to knock but back out trying to ignore the encouragement Sally was trying to give her. She took a dep breath, all she had to do was say sorry. And she was sorry, she was outright mean to the poor guy. Taking yet another deep breath she opened the door.

“Hi Rocco, I’m Cassie sorry about before…”

Both Rocco and Cassie froze in shock. Rocco was naked, okay not naked but.. exposed. Most likely getting changed, most likely a reason to knock before entering the room

“And your naked” she said, rushing out the room and slamming the door shut. She covered her face in embarrassment as she leaned against the door.

“****” Of course he’d chosen then to get change, sliding his boxers back up he threw on some shorts and a singlet.

“Stupid b!tch hasn’t she heard of knocking” Whisp reappeared from under Ric’s bed and jumped up onto Rocco’s. Whisp nudged his hand with his head, Rocco sighed and scratched behind Whisp’s ear.

“What do you want buddy” Whisp pawed at Rocco bag.

“Meow”

There was a loud knock on the door, Rocco turned to watch it waiting for it to fling open. There was a silence.

“Come on let me, in it myyyyy room” Ric’s voice came though the door.

“Its not locked” Rocco shouted back, grabbing the cat food out of his bag. Ric smirked as he entered the room.

“Yeah I heard it wasn’t”

Rocco ignored him and grabbed a dish to pour the cat food into as Whisp attempted to steal the box from Rocco.

“So this is Summer Bay newest four foot fiend” Ric said, Rocco glared at him.

“He doesn’t like strangers” he said in a steel voice, pouring the cat food into the bowl. However the cat seemed more interested in Ric, jumping off the bed and bouncing into Ric’s arms, Ric’s smirk grew just a tad bigger.

“I just I’m not a stranger then”

Ric absentmindedly patted Whisp as he gazed over Rocco, he was tall, his eyes were a brown colour filled with pain, distrust, heartbreak and need. Rocco’s glare subsided, Ric smiled at him and patted his shoulder.

“Sal says dinner will be ready soon” And with that he put Whisp on the bed next to Rocco and walked out of the room.

“So Rocco, how are you feeling” Sally asked as she handed him a large plate of food. It was the largest single cooked meal he’d probably ever had.

“I’m okay Miss Fletcher” She smiled gently at him.

“You don’t have to call Miss Fletcher, in fact when we’re at home I prefer if you called me Sally” she said kindly sitting down at the table, Rocco smiled at her.

“Thanks Miss… Sally”

“You can call her Sal too” Ric mumbled as he chewed on his food.

“Ric, don’t eat with you mouthful” Sally said in a disapproving but light tone, Rocco felt a glimmer of hope in the pit of his stomach as he stabbed the potato with his fork.

Rocco carefully unfold the tattered photo, it was black and white, heavily faded with white fold marks marring the photo. He carefully ran his thumb over it, looking longingly at the family he never knew. Hell he didn’t even know if this was his real family or just a photo he’d stolen when he was little to pretend he’d ever had one.

A tall lady stood laughing with two young children, it looked happy and peaceful. All except for the dark shadow of a man standing grimly behind them, seeping evil into the picture. He wiped a tear away as he leaned back onto the bed and imagined how life would have been with them, his mum and his brother, who the only thing he knew was that his name was Johnny.

He tried to think what would make them give him up, give him away. They looked so happy in the photo, did he do something wrong. Had he’d screw up with his real family as well as everyone else. He was snapped out of his thought as he felt the bed sink under the pressure of some one.

It was Ric, who stared at him, as if trying to unravel what was on his mind.

“Is everything okay?” he asked with a slightly hint of worry, something Rocco did not expect given Ric had only know him 5 hours or so.

“I'm fine” Rocco turned his back to Ric. He semi hoped Ric would get the message, but another part. Well part of him didn’t, he didn’t know why.

“Guys, it time for bed” Sally said shoving her head into the room, she smiled lightly at them and Rocco could feel it even with his back to her.

“Sleep tight” she said, kissing Ric on the forehead before repeating the process to himself, she smiled at him with big caring eyes and shattered it by saying.

“Tomorrow you start at Summer Bay High, I hope it isn’t rushing it” Rocco smiled gently at her and shook his head.

“Good, now get to sleep both of you” She said in her firm but soft tone.

his eyes were a brown colour filled with pain, distrust, heartbreak and need.

I just started readin this fic and I love it! I love that line ^^ cuz it captures Rocco's character perfectly...and Rocco naked...mmmm! :wub::wink:

Archived