Home Is Where The Heart Is

Guest Roccoluver

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the next part.

He walked into what had to be the kitchen, considering the stove, sink, dish washer etc that litter the room, it lead straight into another room which had to be the lounge. Sally and Mrs Atwood sat down at opposites ends of the table while Rocco carefully placed his bag on the kitchen counter.

“Be quiet” he whispered to it, “Are you mad as well as stupid” Mrs Atwood hissed at him, turning back to Sally she forced a smile so fake even a blind person could see it “He’s not usually like this” she said. Sally nodded uncomfortably in her seat, Rocco rolled his eyes. Well this had to be a record time for someone giving up on him, even Mrs Atwood had wait until the third family to resign to the fact he’d never had a life. Mrs Atwood opened her folder and glance over the files quickly. “You already have two foster kids” she said in a shocked tone, going back over her notes. “Yes, and I think of each of them as my own” Sally replied cheerfully, giving a smile to Rocco, maybe he had judge her to soon. Which would be ironic since everyone else seemed to do it to him. “I feel obliged to tell you that you don’t have to do this, I mean just look at his record…” Sally glared at Mrs. Atwood coldly and firmly, as if she couldn’t believe what she’d just said. Not that it surprise Rocco. “I don’t care about his past, its his future that’s my concern now” Sally said, her voiced slightly raised. Now that, that surprise Rocco. “Well then, lets get the documents out of the way” Mrs Atwood said, obliviously still in shock. Rocco felt a grinned forced it way on his face, not that he’d let it get the better of him. He been here before, feeling like it might be the right family, only to have it fell splat in his face. He glanced quickly at his bag to check it was still there, glancing back at it he stood in horror as it began to move. “Damn it!” he whispered himself. “Rocco what are you doing” Mrs Atwood sharp voice commanded his answered, “Nothing” he lied as he struggle to contain the bag, of course the lie would of gone much better if the bag didn’t meow. He bit his lip hard as he turned to face the two shock women sitting at the table, just to top off the perfect moment, Whisp stuck his head out of the top of Rocco’s bag. “What is that…, that thing” Mrs Atwood screamed, Whisp the smart cat he was didn’t like Mrs Atwood and ducked back into Rocco’s bag. “Rocco you have some explaining to do” she screamed, Sally just sat there looking shock. “I didn’t know you had pets at the home” she said, looking confused aswell as shock.

“We don’t” Mrs Atwood replied coolly, her eyes burning into Rocco, making him squirm under her gaze. “So what’s it name?” Sally asked curiously, her glazed over Rocco was kinder than Mrs Atwood. “His name is Whisp” Rocco declared, trying to ignore Mrs. Atwood glare and praying that he had ruined this chance at finding a home. Sally nodded, a small smile creeping back onto her still shock face, she turned her stare from Rocco to Mrs Atwood. “So where were we?” she asked as if nothing had happened.

coming up soonish- Rocco meets Ric and Cassie and Sally discovers its not as easy as she'd hoped.

Rocco stood before the room, it was a large room with steps leading down into it and two beds on either side. He guessed the stuff lying around belong to the other guy, what had Miss Fletcher called him… Ric?. He carefully looked over the bed before dumping his bag on the bed which seemed less lived in.

“Meoooooooooooooow” came the angry hiss from the bag as Whisp pulled himself out, He could swear the cat gave him the “evils” before strutting down the bed. Rocco bit his lip and sat down on the door.

“Sorry Whisp” he said truthfully reaching to grab the unhappy feline.

“Hey buddy” he cuddled the cat in his arms, the cat stared across the room before bounding out of Rocco’s grip and under Rics bed.

“Fine be antisocial” He grumbled, lying back on the bed.

Sally signed the last of the paper gratefully before flicking though to check all was in order, smiling she pushed the pile of paper over to the old woman. Mrs Atwood gave the paper work a quick look over. A small smile creaked on her her wrinkled face.

“Miss Fletcher” She said carefully placing the assort files into her bag.

“Yes” Sally inquired checking the time on her watch, Ric and Cassie should be home soon. Mrs Atwood stood up and pushed her chair in, looking Sally in the eyes.

“Rocco may not be the perfect child but I trust you’ll help him grow to his potential unlike the others…” she trailed off glumly becoming more interested in the floorboards. Sally frowned slightly.

“And what makes you think I’m more qualified than the others?” she asked curiously, she had no doubts she was to be quite truthful.

“Your work with Ric Dably and the fact you too where a foster child. You can related somewhat more than the others, maybe understand him better. He’s just misunderstood I fear” she said, picking up her bags and heading for the door.

“Anyway I must be off, alert me of any trouble” she said as if their conversation had never happened.

“Cya” Sally called back, sitting perplexed at the kitchen table.

“Hey Sal, we’re home” Cassie shouted as she and Ric stampeded into the house. Sally walked out of the kitchen into the living room sighing internally at the sight of Ric’s trousers and grass strains on the knee’s.

“Hey guys, you know that new kid I was telling you about” She said casually carefully watching their faces for a reaction.

“You mean that Rocco dude” Ric said off handily as he searched the cupboards for a snack. Cassie frowned slightly at Sal.

“Is he here?” she asked dropping her school bag onto the couch absent-mindedly. A shock looked filled her face.

“Yeah” Sally admitted sheepishly, clasping her hands together.

“Cool, where is he” Ric said shoving an orange in his mouth, Sally gave a disapproving look to which he replied with a shrug.

“Your room actually. And he had a cat” she slipped into the conversation. She herself was still getting use to the possibility of a cat in the house; she’d never had a pet. Unless you included Ric, Cassie and now Rocco.

“ A cat!” Cassie exclaimed, she gave Sally a hurt look before running up to her room. Ric looked over to Sal.

“What’s her problem?”

Archived