Retribution

Guest swfc

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Retribution is back!

Chrissie, I owe you :P

That was toooo cute :wub:

Clete goodness *sigh*

Cannot believe you stole my "getting interrupted by Sam's phone calls" thing :lol:

Nah, jokes - it works :wink:

Loved it loved it loved it - Clete are awesome, writing is fabulous, dying to know if Tracey tells them!! More soon :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Thanks heaps Shan, Alli, and Andy.

Alli- yes you do. I want more Clete goodness. Heehee....

Where is my kiss from Pete? :( lol.

Lol, in your dreams.

Here's a teaser for the next chapter:

“Well, there is one way that you can make up for it.”

Tracey rolled her eyes and said,

“And what’s that, Detective Baker?”

“Well, you tell us what happened to you and Rachel. I know it’s a lot to ask at this moment but the sooner we know what happened, the sooner we get to piece together the events.”

:o Shan!!

Chrissie, make her tell him!! :P

Let him find out Zoe's alive, and then Clare can comfort him, and then ..... well, we all know how it goes from there :ph34r:

Right, fine!! :lol:

*toddles off to write more LAT cause I want a Retri update*

Thanks Shan and Alli and Andy.

...And I love your Kelli/Pete av.

Lol, thanks Andy. I love it too. It's too cute. :P

Here's the next chapter:

Chapter 7:

Superintendent Murphy had come to visit his colleague to see if there was some chance that she would be awake. He needed to know what happened to have caused this accident. Preliminary reports from the accident and forensics team had shown that the car had been sabotaged. Yet, there were no prints. He was hoping that both of them would awaken to tell what happened. The doctor was right about what he said. They may be suffering physically but they had been poisoned as well. Murphy had only received that report from the blood test that the doctor had done this morning.

The moment he had seen the report, he knew something was up. When the accident team came back with their report, that was it. Murphy knew that he should’ve rung Peter or Clare immediately but he didn’t. He knew from experience that Peter would be down here in less than 1 minute if he could. ‘Thank goodness that wasn’t possible,’ he thought to himself. He knew that when Peter knew it was sabotage, he wouldn’t let it go until he found the reason why. That was both his strength and his downfall.

He had entered the ward and had sat down for about five minutes or so until he heard Tracey groaning. He immediately called the doctor and when he was shooed out of the room, he rang both Peter and Clare. They had joined him about five minutes later. ‘No doubt with Peter speeding past every red light in town as though the devil was on his back,’ he thought to himself again. All three were anxious. As they waited for the doctor, Murphy kept both his detectives on track. True to his word, Peter had gone all angry and Clare was there to make him see sense.

The doctor came out and spoke to them:

“We can’t really tell what the effects the poison has had on Detective Thompson but at the time being, she seems alright. We will, however, be monitoring her and that of Dr. Armstrong to make sure that nothing out of the ordinary has happened. They’ve both inhaled a fair amount of it.”

“So, what about Dr. Armstrong? Is she awake yet?” Peter asked anxiously.

“No, I’m afraid not. Different people take time to react to things. We are, however, monitoring both closely. My guess is that, there’s a possibility that Dr. Armstrong inhaled a little too much of that poison.”

“Do you know what poison it is?”

“We’ve sent their blood to be tested to find out what it is. But, as of this moment, we’re not sure. There is one thing that I can tell you, though.”

“What?” all three asked at the same time.

“They’re both very lucky to have survived this. Not many people live to tell the tale once inhaling poison of this kind as well as a car crash.”

“That’s true,” Clare said.

The doctor only just nodded.

“When can we see her?” Murphy asked.

“You can go in now but just don’t tire her out. And when I say that I mean don’t ask her too many questions. One question at a time.”

“Thank you doctor,” they replied in unison.

Tracey opened her eyes only to find herself in some unknown place. All she could see was bright lights shining and something shoved onto her throat. She couldn’t move. When she did, it hurt. This made her panic. Then she saw a familiar face. Someone who she never expected to see ever. The last thing she remembered was being held captive by Eve and the next a car driving directly towards her. Then she remembered Rachel. She started panicking even more. She tried to convey to the face about where she was and where was Rachel, yet that face had gone and had been replaced by what seemed like a dozen unfamiliar faces shining lights on her face. It was then that she knew that she was in hospital.

“Tracey? This is Dr. Warren. Can you hear me? If you can, I want you to blink your eyes twice.”

She did as she was told.

“Good. You’ve been involved in an accident and you’re in hospital. You have a tube in your throat to help you with your breathing. We’re going to take it out and let you breathe normally. I want you to cough.... “

She did as she was told.

“That’s it...” Dr. Warren said as he took the oxygen mask from the nurse and put it on Tracey.

“Right, there’s a few people outside waiting for you so I’m going to let them in. They can fill you in about what happened.”

All Tracey could do was nod. She looked towards her right and saw Rachel lying there. Dr. Warren saw where she was looking at and said,

“She’ll be alright. Just give it some time.”

She nodded but it didn’t stop a tear falling from her eyes. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw the doctor exit and in a few minutes time, three familiar faces entered. Tracey had never been this happy to see them. She tried to sit up but Peter had told her not to. She took her hand and pulled the oxygen mask away from her, saying,

“You don’t know how happy I am to see you guys right now.”

“Well, same here. You don’t know just how much of my life you’ve scared away from me, Trace.” Peter said.

“I’m really sorry about that.”

“Well, there is one way that you can make up for it.”

Tracey rolled her eyes and said,

“And what’s that, Detective Baker?”

“Well, you tell us what happened to you and Rachel. I know it’s a lot to ask at this moment but the sooner we know what happened, the sooner we get to piece together the events.”

“Pete!” Clare chided him.

“What?” he answered looking innocently.

“Remember what Dr. Warren said?” Murphy interjected. “We’re not supposed to bombard Tracey with questions.”

Peter had the cheek to look guilty.

“Sorry, it’s just that, I really want to catch the idiot who did this to them.”

“Don’t we all?” Clare finished.

“Hey, I really appreciate this. I was wondering, if, perhaps I could have a word with Pete. Alone.”

Peter looked towards Murphy and Clare asking for their answer. Murphy nodded. Now all he needed was Clare’s. He was worried. But he needn’t have had to.

“Sure, we’ll just wait out here. Or, we could go back to the station and look at the reports again. We’ll see you later, Peter.”

He gave Clare a grateful look and smiled at her. She smiled back and headed out the door with Murphy, closing the door behind her. As soon as they were out, he turned towards Tracey and said,

“What’s up?”

“Pull up a chair. It’s going to be a long day.”

Preview: Will Tracey tell Peter the truth about everything? When will Rachel wake up? will Murphy and Clare find anything in the reports about Eve being alive?

Lol, in your dreams.

Yup! Almost every night :P

He knew that when Peter knew it was sabotage, he wouldn’t let it go until he found the reason why. That was both his strength and his downfall.

That is so damn true! :rolleyes:

Great chapter, Chrissiekins! I hope Rachel wakes up :( Your not going to kill her are you? I also hope Tracey doesn't tell Peter about Eve. I still love Eve.. yet she almost killed my Tracey! -sigh- :(

Update ASAP! :D

Archived