Tonight's Aus Ep - Friday 23 March

Guest emmasi

That was gorgeous. If it wasn't for that unfortunate kidnapping thing at the end, It would have been perfect. Seriously, what was that about?? I mean I get why Dylan did it (I think) but I don't think it was appropriate to show it in that episode. It was fairly random. It should have just left off on him asking Paul for help and then giving that sly look... Also, would it have killed them to hug?? Maybe I can hold out hope for Paul to talk Dylan down from whatever he has planned, and then Dylan can cry on Paul's shoulder... He hasn't cried yet, has he...?

Anyway, not the point. Point is, I can't believe that Stingray is gone. He's one of the best characters - or was one of the best... It was a poor choice to get rid of him, but at least they gave the character a wonderful send-off. I loved the video commentary, and Bree finding the tape at the end for them to watch. Toady and Boyd have a "blank" moment - beautiful.

It was superbly written and acted. I would have liked to have seen Janelle and Skye actually looking at Stingray's body, but perhaps it was a timeslot thing that they couldn't. Either way, Janelle's reaction was excellent. Maybe they needed to cut some things for time, and if that's the case then I don't mind, because the lingering silent shots were what made it. So good.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't usually watch Neighbours but I'm glad I got the chance to watch the recent episodes involving Stingray!!!

I really enjoyed tonight's episode as it really showed how much his family cared about him. It would of been good to see Janelle & Skye seeing Stingray's body but I guess we didn't have time as Neighbours only goes for a half an hour!! I also agree with you emmasi about Janelle's reaction as I'm sure that no parent wants to lose their child, especially on their birthday.

I found Stingray's video diary to Kerry very sweet as I almost had tears in my eyes. :( Overall it was a great episode even through I didn't like the way that Dylan kidnapped Paul at the end of it!!

It was Neighbours at its very best.

Well written and brilliantly performed by all involved.

The video dairy to Kerry was made in classic Stingray style and it was very fitting that his final line on Neighbours was "cop ya" considering that was the title of the episode.

Lol I just wanna hug Janelle right now!! Nell Feeny is such a great actress!! man huging Janelle for 4 hours would be ok because she lose her child so young! but Janelle will have support all the way!!

Lol I just wanna hug Janelle right now!! Nell Feeny is such a great actress!! man huging Janelle for 4 hours would be ok because she lose her child so young! but Janelle will have support all the way!!

Can someone upload this ep or maybe send me pics as everyone knows that Stingray was one of my all time favortvie Charcter!!

I can't remember the last time I cried so much at a TV show. It was fantastically done (except for the dylan/paul thing- I would have liked dylan to see stinger's video about him).

I must admit, Im one of those people that thinks neighbours has gone up the creek lately, but that episode made me remember why I liked neighbours so much.

Well done to all involved

R.I.P Stingray

Annoyingly I missed the whole thing – after watching last night, I really wanted to watch. One showing in Australia of both H&A and Neighbours is no good; I can’t believe it’s on so many times per day in the UK and other countries.

Archived