Tonight's Aus Ep - Friday 23 March

Guest emmasi

I thought the music was superbly chosen and added just the right mood.

I meant to mention that, the song they used when they were taking the body away, and again nearer to the end of the ep. It was really nice. Don't suppose anyone happens to know what it was?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant to mention that, the song they used when they were taking the body away, and again nearer to the end of the ep. It was really nice. Don't suppose anyone happens to know what it was?

It was Bedouin Song by Lior, which has also appeared a few times on H&A. Neighbours are evidently going through a Lior phase, as they also used This Old Love for the Karl proposing scene (which for those that didn't remember was Jack & Martha's song in H&A).

And I agree with all the other comments about the episode. So sad :(

they also used This Old Love for the Karl proposing scene (which for those that didn't remember was Jack & Martha's song in H&A).

haha i saw that on Neighbours and i was like OMG they stole JM's song <_< Oh wellz, im over it now :P

Lior have nice songs, hmmmm...

He Wants to blame someone for Stingrays death so he Blames Paul Because of the the whole toxi waste thing that gave Kerry Leukemia.

And Dylan couldn't donate because of the toxins, so Paul is doubly responsible.

I loved this one, it was a lot like the Buffy episode where Joyce died. And also the first half of the pilot of Desperate Housewives, although in this one Scott's commentary was more diegetic.

BTW, Dylan's reaction is hardly out of place: this wasn't the death episode, it was the aftermath, in which case Dylan's reaction belongs in it, even the cliffhanger. Also, it was a Friday episode, which needs a better cliffhanger than any other day.

It was Bedouin Song by Lior, which has also appeared a few times on H&A.

Thanks for the info MiddyOil. I actually thought it sounded like Lior, but I don't know any of their songs except for "This Old Love" - I guess I haven't been paying enough attention in H&A :P

I loved this one, it was a lot like the Buffy episode where Joyce died.

I thought that too. Watching the video reminded me a of Angel when Doyle died :(

BTW, Dylan's reaction is hardly out of place: this wasn't the death episode, it was the aftermath, in which case Dylan's reaction belongs in it, even the cliffhanger. Also, it was a Friday episode, which needs a better cliffhanger than any other day.

It's not really that I don't want it in there, but they did it really poorly. It was far too rushed, compared to how beautifully spaced out the rest of the ep was. They could have shown Dylan following Paul to the car and knocking him out or something, and then go back to Scottie's commentary. The way it was, it was too contrived and messy, and left too many unanswered questions, like how and when did Dylan tie him up exactly? It was just too random for my liking. Although, I'll admit, my criticism of this event might have something to do with my disappointment that Dylan and Paul didn't really get back together. They were my favourite non-sexual male soap duo :(

Archived