Denial

Guest -Jade-

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww, ok, I'm sad now :(

I loved the conversation between Jack and Sam. The way Jack described his relationship with Martha was brilliant.

I am kind of glad that Jack and Martha aren't together in this fic. It shows an alternative perspective; the trials and tribulations of loving someone but, as a friend. *sighs*

That was really great Jade. Everything was described perfectly :)

Thanks guys. :D I'm currently writing the third one shot in the series (I'm ina writing mood! :P) so I think it shouldn't be too long before that gets posted, although considering this is not a chapter fic, I'll probably leave it a week. :)

Awwww, another great chapter, beautifully well written.

Very touching stuff.

Looking forward to the next one.

I love their relationship, how they have a special bond that cant be brocken. Martha may try to push him away, but hes still there for her through thick and thin. :wub: Awwww

Please dont leave it a week Jade! You owe me!!! :P lol

Another great installment! :D

I really like how you drew out their real feelings from both Martha and Jack's points of view. You were so accurate in getting across how difficult and complicated their relationship is right now and it was good to read and understand it!

Please don't leave it too long before you update

Here it is! Part 3 - I hope you guys like it. It's very Martha centric. lol Please give me your honest opinions and comments. :) I think I will be adding more, so this won't be the last part - it kinda helps me deal with Martha on h&a right now and there's so many more isses that I'd like to cover. :)

PART 3 – ‘Do you know how naïve you sound?’

Silence.

It echoed out from the swaying trees, softly bending to the wishes of the wind. Her fingertips ran over the rough scars and cracks in the low stone wall in front of her, as her eyes remained firmly closed. Her hand was the only thing moving, living beyond an existence of solitude and stillness.

And the atmosphere was smashed into a million pieces, by one voice.

“I thought I’d find you here.” He said, as his arms wrapped themselves around her waist from behind, tying her to him. Martha sighed, Cam always invaded her thoughts, her mind, her space. He was always there, creeping about. But then again he was the only one who loved her, so who was she to complain?

He slipped his head in next to hers and looked out to the sea with her.

“I’ve got you another job.” He said subtly but eagerly.

“You have?” Martha replied unenthusiastically, as she felt him nod.

“You’re gonna love the outfit, babe.” He added as if this was what she had wanted to do her whole life – get up in a practically non existent piece of cloth and shake her ass in front of the crowd.

“Don’t put yourself out with excitement.” He said sarcastically, pulling away to stand beside her. Martha rolled her eyes discretely, before deciding that now was the best time to start acting.

Swivelling around she smiled seductively.

“Oh you know I can’t wait.” She said brushing her fingertips across his cheek. “I’d just prefer to be giving you a private show.” She added, winking cheekily in his direction. And his smile turned into a beam. Moving towards her, he pulled in her figure roughly.

“Well that could be arranged.” He said into her ear.

“Ok, that was a joke Cam.” She laughed nervously, as she took his arms off her waist and stepped backwards.

Cam’s face expressed amusement as he reached into his coat pocket and slowly retrieved an envelope.

“Here.” He said as he thrust the gleaming white paper towards her. Martha took it from his hand, looking at him questionably.

“It’s your pay.” He said gruffly, as she peered inside. Martha’s eyes widened, there was hundreds just in that one envelope. She looked up with her mouth still wide open in shock.

“That’s a lot…” she said cautiously, looking at him for any sign that the money had been accumulated in an underhanded way, that it wasn’t as clean as the envelope it was in.

“That’s what you get for the job Martha.” Cam said as he looked at her. Suddenly his face grew happy.

“They love you Martha! The customers love you, you’re a natural at it. When you’re good that’s how much you get payed.”

“But you’ve already paid my rent…” replied Martha as she proceeded to remove a handful of the notes to hand back over.

Cam’s hand stopped her. He moved towards her and looked into her eyes.

“That was a favour; from boyfriend to girlfriend.” And Martha subconsciously cringed inwardly as he mentioned their status – she hadn’t even thought of it like that. Although Cam had done a lot for her, he wasn’t the kind of guy that she’d ever imagined settling down with.

“This is business.” He said decidedly, like it was no longer up for discussion. Martha stood there silent, smiling towards him. “I don’t know how to thank you Cam – you’ve given me all this independence.”

“Oh I’m sure I can find a way for you to make it up to me.” He replied.

-

The intensity of the whole place shocked her somewhat – she never thought that she’d really get used to this feeling. Smoke hung around heavily, the lights stared unforgivingly into her eyes, the atmosphere was concentrated, the guys looking at her could not have been distracted by anything right now. All eyes were on her as she swung herself around and around until she felt like she could just forget, just dance, let go. Her thoughts were so tainted with the alcohol she had had earlier, that even she was only acutely aware of what she was actually doing with her body, what she was doing to herself.

It was degrading but it was also wild, spontaneous and fun. It payed, it was rebellious – it was everything Martha wanted right now.

Her hands slid seductively down the metal pole and her body followed, dipping and swaying to the music, teasing the onlookers down on their chairs, at their tables. It was compulsive, it was what they wanted, and she wasn’t going to deny them the only pleasure they probably got from their sad little lives.

She could hear the wolf whistles, the occasional shout indicating that they approved. Through the thudding beat of the music she could almost hear what they were thinking, or wishing more like.

But Martha had stopped caring, she didn’t see any point in destroying their dreams, she was just there to encourage them, it wasn’t like she was really selling herself to them, just dancing, it was just dancing.

Briefly, she took a fleeting glance to the bar where she could see Cam glaring at her, a smirk on his face as he watched her move. Tuning her back to the audience she huffed slightly, and rolled her eyes, before moving her hips a bit and twisting back around.

And the music was ending, she could feel it, and apparently so could the customers who were already starting to chant for more. Martha finished with her ending pose and then smiled, amused at the sea of disappointed faces.

Laughing she started to strut off stage, shaking her head at the thought of just how desperate these guys were.

You are really good.

The intensity of the whole place shocked her somewhat – she never thought that she’d really get used to this feeling. Smoke hung around heavily, the lights stared unforgivingly into her eyes, the atmosphere was concentrated, the guys looking at her could not have been distracted by anything right now. All eyes were on her as she swung herself around and around until she felt like she could just forget, just dance, let go. Her thoughts were so tainted with the alcohol she had had earlier, that even she was only acutely aware of what she was actually doing with her body, what she was doing to herself.

This descrption rocks.

More please xxx

Ok! First of all, excellent opener Jade! Really well written. :)

Loved the way you described everything throughout.

Martha's feelings when she was with Cam, and then the way you described her performance was brilliant.

I love this, and im looking forward to you writing more :)

Also, what the hell were you talking about woman, there wasnt anything wrong with it, it was amazing, just like your other fic is :)

Great job Jadey :D

Archived