Take The Rain Away

Guest -Tess-

Story Title: Take The Rain Away

Type of story: long fic

Main Characters: Flynn, Sally, Pippa, Ric, Cassie, Pippa junior and others.

BTTB rating: T/A

Genre: Drama

Does story include spoilers? No

Any warnings? V/D SC

Summary: When Flynn dies, how will his family move on? And what happens when Cassie trusts the wrong person, and her dad isn't there to rescue her?

This is about Flynn's death, and what happens after the funeral...

Later on, I will combine my other fic about Sally and Peter to this, so it's one big flowing story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take the Rain Away

Sally sat on her bed, looking at the photo of her family that was sitting on her bedside table. Tears slowly crept down her face, as she stared at Flynn's smiling face. The tears started flowing, and for the fist time that day, Sally felt her heart breaking.

"Oh, Flynn! Why did you have to leave? Can't you see that i still need you?"

With that, Sally lay down on the bed, and cried.

Pippa was downstairs, baking, with Baby Pippa sitting in her chair beside her. She wished she knew how to comfort her foster daughter, but Sally wouldn't let anyone in. Her and Alf had tried to go to her earlier, but that ended in Sally locking them out of her room. Pippa kenew, from experiance, that if you didn't talk or let anyone in, that grief would just keep eating at you, until you were so broken, that you couldn't function, and she wasn't about to let that happen to Sally. Turning to smile at her grandaughter, she continued to mix.

Cassie sat in her bedroom, listening to Sally weep. Hearing her mum in so much pain made Cassie feel sick. Getting up, Cassie walked to her door and made her way downstairs.

Ric walked along the beach, watching the stars. Pippa hadn't been too keen on him walking the beach at night, but at the same time, she saw that he needed space and air.

Ric thought back to when he was first fostered by Sally and Flynn. That had been the best day of his life, knowing that he had a family who loved and cared about him. He still remembered their smiling faces when he walked into the house for the first time, and having baby Pippa reach out for a hug. Then there was when Cassie had been fostered, they had all gotten along so well. Tears sprang to his eyes at the fond memory. "Don't worry Flynn, i'll take care of them for you, mate", he thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long, but here's another update:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If love is a drug I guess we're all sober,

if hope is a song, I guess it's all over...

Ric had been gone for over 2 hours, before he finally found himself walking through the thick scrubland of the caravan park.

"Ric?" "Are you okay?", Pippa asked, her voice full of sympathy.

"Yeah", was all he could manage.

With that, Ric becan to jog up the stairs.

Ric found himself at Pippa's door. Slowly, he pushed it open, and found her sitting up in her cot, even though it was 10 o'clock at night.

"Hey", he whispered. "What are you still doing awake, Pip?".

Pippa just looked up at him.

Ric bent down to the cot to pick her up.

"You're not really sure what's going on sweetie, are you?".

Pippa put her head on his shoulder.

"Then again, amybe you know more than we think", Ric said, a slight smile on his lips, as he looked at his little sister.

How to have faith, when faith is a crime?

I don't want to die...

Archived