The Black Balloon

Guest Luc

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be out on DVD in Norway early february 2009!

It haven't been shown so many places in Norway. At least not in Midt Troms I think. And it's already coming on DVD? I would have loved to watch it on the cinema but looks like I have to setlle with the DVD

It haven't been shown so many places in Norway. At least not in Midt Troms I think. And it's already coming on DVD? I would have loved to watch it on the cinema but looks like I have to setlle with the DVD

It was just meant to be released in the major cities, but it expaned to other places too. Here is all the places we're it's been shown

* Kristiansand

* Haugesund

* Oslo

* Stavanger

* Sandnes

* Trondheim

* Bergen

* Verdal

* Bodø

* Drammen

* Hamar

* Longyearbyen

* Elverum

* Arendal

+ probably more

And the DVD release have now been pushed back to March 25th!

"Held at the Princess Theatre in Melbourne and hosted by Julia Zemiro, the AFI Industry Awards are a forerunner to the star-studded main event tomorrow night.

They recognise the talent and innovation of artists working behind the camera and behind the scenes in the Australian film and television industry.

So far the AFI Award for Best Editing went to "The Black Balloon". Veronika Jenet ASE"

Source: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...3-12377,00.html

It won Best Picture!!! :D

Shame Rhys missed out on the Best Actor award, but I don't think he stood much of a chance against William-I-can-get-nominated-twice-in-the-same-category-at-the-Logies-McInness... If that man wasn't Sandy Freckle, I'd have some very undeserved contempt for his persistent success over my boys <_<

Congrats to the Black Balloon for it's success at the AFI's :).

Black Balloon takes top AFI film award

Posted Sun Dec 7, 2008 1:00am AEDT

The Black Balloon has been crowned the best film of 2008 at the AFI Awards.

The stars of the Australian film and television industry, including Eric Bana, Hugo Weaving, Guy Pearce and Vince Colosimo, turned out in Melbourne on Saturday to celebrate the best screen productions of the year.

Carrying the most nominations heading into the AFI Awards, The Black Balloon had been weighed down by expectation after winning just one out of 10 awards at the recent Inside Film (IF) Awards.

But it emerged triumphant, claiming a total of six awards, including the prestigious best film gong.

The comedy/drama about a family coping with an autistic son also picked up awards for best direction, best original screenplay and best direction for Elissa Down.

Toni Collette was named the best supporting actress, while co-star Luke Ford, who received rave reviews for his portrayal of an autistic teenager, took out the best actor award.

Down said Ford did not even think he would be nominated for an AFI Award this year.

"He said: 'I'm not going to get nominated' and I said: 'Luke Ford are you insane? I bet you $100 you get nominated'," Down said.

"When the nominations came out I texted him and said you owe me $100.

"He said I know, I always pay up on my debts."

The stars of Unfinished Sky, William McInnes and Monic Hendrickx, were winners in the best lead actor and actress category, while the romance thriller was also declared the best adapted screenplay.

The AFI Awards, which are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year, were hosted by Stephen Curry who announced The Castle had been voted Australia's favourite film of all time, and Hugh Jackman our top film star.

Link

Archived