No altar ego from Summer Bay hunk

Guest Andy

No altar ego from Summer Bay hunk

Sunday Telegraph

19 November 2006

Home And Away hunk Chris Hemsworth refused to bare his chest during the filming of his on-screen wedding.

But he won't disappoint his legion of female fans when his character, Kim, finally ties the knot with Rachel (Amy Mathews) next week.

Although he refused to strip off his shirt -- yes, producers did ask -- fans still get a glimpse of Hemsworth's biceps when he rides to the wedding in a singlet and jeans.

In the true tradition of television weddings, nothing goes to plan and Kim is forced to steal a horse to make it to the church on time.

Weddings have been big in Summer Bay this year. Fans have already been treated to the nuptials of Tasha and Robbie (Isabel Lucas and Jason Smith), and Martha and Jack (Jodi Gordon and Paul O'Brien).

Home And Away executive producer John Holmes says soap fans love a wedding, even if the actors usually don't.

"Most actors hate filming weddings," Holmes says.

"They're the longest days of shooting, and often all the cast are involved in scenes."

"Most actors hate filming weddings," Holmes says.

Funnily enough, Paul and Jodi loved filming their wedding, i guess it just depends on the person. If i were an actress i would love to film a wedding, it'll be heaps of fun getting dressed up :D

Thanks for that. There are two pics attached to that article in the news paper, one of the bridal part, and Jack is in his wheelchair (:() and i think one of Chris on the horse with a wifebeater on :wub:

In the true tradition of television weddings, nothing goes to plan and Kim is forced to steal a horse to make it to the church on time.

Hah, I almost spit water on my keyboard when I read that :D. If you ask me, seeing him on horseback is much hotter than just seeing him with his shirt off. Anyone can take their shirt off. Riding a horse (properly) takes skill, confidence, and control. Hot :D. I just hope this goes better than the last time a horse was involved in a H&A wedding... :(

Off topic... sort of... does anyone remember the name of Scott's horse? It's been bugging me.

Archived