Callan Mulvey Appreciation

Guest The Cure

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:( That is sad...

Shirtless Callan :wub: Wasn't he great at the end of that episode though? When he told Rocco that Tom had gone away for a while... i thought he was fantastic.

He comes on NZ screens December 8th to "terrorise the bay". But I think H&A finishes the week after that for the summer break so we won't get to see the rest of him until next year. I can't wait for tonights episode in Aussie because "Johnny verbally attacks Rocco." From the pic it looks like he's in the police station or something...

So is that it then? A simple arrest and that talk with Rocco aand the best thing to ever happen to Summer Bay is no more?! :o

He was quite compelling in that scene with Rocco I must say! He sort of managed to make Rocco feel guilty, I think he even managed to evoke some sympathy for his own character with his sincerity. Awesome acting job from Callan. Here's hoping he is back next year....if not, well, he has been fantastic for the short time we have had him.

He will be sorely missed.

Oh my god... I've just seen episode 4329...

Callan was brilliant in the whole thing. The last scene with Rocco was fantastic, i'm still speechless from it. Loved how he kicked the chair, the whole thing was great, I seriously cannot get over it. Not to mention the fact that he was absolutely gorgeous for the whole episode! :P

They have to bring Johnny back next year, they have to, they have to, they have to....

Yep, I just saw that episode and I thought the performances from both Callan and Rocco (whoever plays him) were superb. Some of the best acting in terms of working off each other that I've seen on H and A this year. I almost thought the episode was more powerful than the finale it was that good. I've thoroughly enjoyed the gang storyline because of these two - the way they’ve played their characters, created tension. I can feel real empathy for Rocco - how sick he must feel each day with the position he's been placed in. When he stabbed Sally I actually felt more sorry for him than Sally. I can believe in Johnny as a villian. He is more powerful than that joke we call Zoe ever was. It feels with these two there’s been a concerted effort to make the baddies real and I appreciate that.

Please,please,PLEASE be back Johnny!!

That last scene with Rocco was one of the best scenes he's had i think,both he and Rocco were excellent.And as Adia said he was gorgeous through the whole episode :D .

Callan's to pretty to be handcuffed....at least in those circumstances :wink: .

^ He is much too pretty...

I can believe in Johnny as a villian. He is more powerful than that joke we call Zoe ever was. It feels with these two there’s been a concerted effort to make the baddies real and I appreciate that.

I agree. That's what I liked about this storyline. They were REAL bad guys, the kind of people that walk past you in the street sort of thing. As much as I liked the whole Zoe/Stalker saga, the fact that she was a psychopath who blew up buildings with fertiliser in order to get revenge for her lesbian lover didn't really have me in suspense that much. With the gang storyline there was so much raw emotion at the end... Johnny was baaaaaaad but he believed in brotherhood and oath which was pretty much the driving force of all of his motives. I actually admired that about him... Poor Rocco sincerely wanted out of the gang to have a new life, but was so conflicted about his loyalties... the acting was great too, and the emotion from that totally drew me in. I loved it more than any other storyline this year.

I'm probably clutching at straws here, but the relationship between Johnny and Rocco actually reminded me of Michael and Lincoln on Prison Break. I can't really explain it, I'm not sure how to... I guess maybe it's the "big brother does illegal things to help innocent sweet younger brother survive" theme. Plus the "I would die for you because you're my brother..." thing.

Aaagh! I'm rambling... I could go on about this until the show comes back next year.... I just hope they don't do anything to ruin the characters. I would love to see Callan again next year, even just to see Johnny's reaction to Sally being stabbed...

Archived