Callan Mulvey Appreciation

Guest The Cure

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny escaping from jail would be fantastic! It has long been the home and away tradition that baddies escape from jail at least once....we wouldn't want to break with tradition now, would we?

They should definetly find some way to keep him on for a bit longer. Callan is a fantastic natural talent, with a very raw and real acting style. The show could certainly use that.

Going back to Adia's point about Johnny's belief in brotherhood being the "driving force of all his emotions"...I very much agree. I feel that was precisely what made that final scene so powerful. Johnny was genuinely devastated by Rocco's betrayal. It wasn't so much as the fact that he had been caught, but the fact that it was his own brother who turned him in. He was absolutely genuine that he would have died for his brother, and Rocco's realisaton of that was what reduced him to tears, and perhaps even motivated him to carry through the attack on Sally. Callan conveyed all of that brilliantly, and Ian worked extremly well of that emotion.

It was very different from the usual Home and Away style. They would normally moralise over this type of issue, with no ambiguity whatsoever, leading the viewer to believe that Rocco had absolutely done the right thing by turning Johnny in and ended the stroyline there. But instead Rocco was left in shreds over what he had done, and I think even the viewer was left to question whether he really should have done what he did. A very difficult and interesting moral dilema they explored there, and extremely well done. I just wish they could have extended it.

And no, it is not just because I find Callan devastatingly attractive. I admire his and Ian's performances immensely.

^ You will love it I'm sure! Only two days until Johnny/Callan comes on NZ screens! I'm so excited....

It was very different from the usual Home and Away style. They would normally moralise over this type of issue, with no ambiguity whatsoever, leading the viewer to believe that Rocco had absolutely done the right thing by turning Johnny in and ended the stroyline there. But instead Rocco was left in shreds over what he had done, and I think even the viewer was left to question whether he really should have done what he did. A very difficult and interesting moral dilema they explored there, and extremely well done. I just wish they could have extended it.

Agree... they did do it pretty well. Most of the storylines this year have been wrapped up pretty quickly with heaps of loose ends. I'm glad they showed Rocco's emotional conflict and didn't let him just dob in his brother and life goes on sort of thing - which is the H&A norm. In the end it was very powerful stuff. As long as there are a few more episodes that deal with it, I'll be happy.

And no, it is not just because I find Callan devastatingly attractive. I admire his and Ian's performances immensely.

Gosh, he is isn't he? They were great performances... which made him all the more attractive. :P I can't get over how gorgeous he is! Back in the HBH days, yeah I liked Drazic, he was great and I did think Callan was a good actor. But for me nobody could ever top Nick (Alex Dimitriades) I don't know why, but now the tables have turned. I saw programme with Alex the other day and they just don't compare! He's not really that great anymore where as Callan is just... :wub: Callan... If we don't get to see more of him in H&A then I hope he is in something else VERY SOON. He's gorgeous yes, but I also think he is extremely talented.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I cannot wait until Callen appears over here (UK) - not long i dont think!! Callen is amazing - my first crush!!! i loved him in Heartbreak high as it was here that my crush started!!! I remember watching as Drazic was working on a car in the 1997 season!! He was covered in grease and oil with his shirt off!!! So hot!!! :rolleyes: The closing scene of the final heartbreak high brought tears to my eyes coz he is gorgeous and then he left my life - until now!! he he!! :D I wish they would do Heartbreak high DVDS!! I would love to watch them all again!!

:o I cannot believe that I'm joining a Johnny appreciation thread, I used to loathe him so much!

But anyways. I don't think he's good looking, well not perticually anyway, but I have to say his acting is amazing. And I'm really warming to his character, and the brother bond between him and Rocco, everytime I see them together I can see how close they COULD be. In fact, in a weird way I think they are very close, even though you can't always see it...

Archived