All That You Can't Leave Behind

Guest Adia

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! Adia you're back.

I have missed this fic so so so so much! Those chapters were great. Poor Martha and Jack. You need to get them to sort out of their problems soon :P

Loving the Nina and Johnny stuff.

I can't wait to read more! :D Update when you can!

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh! I can't believe I ain't posted on here for two weeks! 15 days to be exact... How I have missed all you guys!

I hope you guys are still interested in this fic, I have two chapters that are just I'm just itching to post... Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow to get them on here.

Gosh! I can't believe I ain't posted on here for two weeks! 15 days to be exact... How I have missed all you guys!

I hope you guys are still interested in this fic, I have two chapters that are just I'm just itching to post... Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow to get them on here.

Your Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs

Yay more chapters, a girl (me :) ) can only take so many cliffhangers :(

is it time yet?

Here I am! :P

It took me ages to write these chapters. I wrote them aftermy last update, but I kinda felt like they didn't fit in. I've touched them up a bit today, but something just wasn't right about them. Okay I'll stop rambling... here you go!

ChapterOneHundredTen:

The early light from the sun crept through cracks in the curtains, the rays of light slicing through the air and slowly filling the room with its gold amiable glow.

She rubbed her eyes and rolled over on her back and looked up at the ceiling. Johnny lay next to her, his arms draped around her waist, having held her for the whole night, keeping her as close to him as he possibly could. The alarm clock on the bedside table suddenly came to life and screamed out at them. Annoyed by its buzz, she quickly reached over and pushed down the snooze button.

“Five more minutes…” Johnny yawned holding her tightly.

“You’re pushing it as it is,” she said finally sitting up. “But good morning Mr Cooper…”

She leant down and gently kissed him on the lips.

“I could get used to this,” he smiled.

“Think you can get used to trying to sneak out of here alive?” she grinned.

He sat up next to her and rubbed his dreary eyes. “What time is it anyway?” he asked her.

“Just after seven…”

“Seven!” he exclaimed lying back down and pulling the covers over his head. “Nah, another three hours at least. I need my beauty sleep like everyone else…”

“I’ve gotta go and get ready, I promised Rocco that I’d meet him before school…”

“What for?” he mumbled under the covers.

“Just an assignment that we’re working on. Nothing special,” she lied.

He pulled the blankets down and looked up at her.

“I change my mind,” he said yawning. “I might come with you after all…”

Rocco walked down the stairs quickly zipping up his school bag and ready to head out. Sally was already down stairs rushing around the kitchen in her pyjama’s trying to make herself and Pippa some breakfast.

“Oh you’re off early,” Sally said cheerfully buttering her toast. “I’m not even ready yet. Aren’t you going to wait for Matilda?”

Rocco shook his head. “She’s still asleep,’ he said quietly. “I’ve got some studying to catch up on at the library anyway…” He hurried towards the door to try and avoid more questions, but Sally quickly caught his tail before he could get out the door.

“Look Rocco, is everything alright with you at the moment?” she said almost pleadingly. “You just seem so distant and quiet lately. Is Johnny bothering you?”

“I haven’t even seen Johnny for ages…” he mumbled with his back to her.

Sally frowned sadly. “Rocco, I know you’ve been in another fight. Why are you being so secretive about everything?”

“You wouldn’t understand,” he muttered. “I’ve gotta go alright?”

“Rocco come back here…” she called after him.

“Hey Sal,” Martha yawned walking behind her.

Sally turned and looked at Martha with a worried look.

“Martha, do you think that you could get Pippa ready?” Sally asked looking around for her clothes. “I just want to catch up with Rocco and make sure he’s okay…”

“It’s actually pretty nice this time of the day,” Johnny said slinging her school bag over his shoulder. “We should do this more often…”

“Hmmm… Johnny Cooper… I never would have taken you for the soppy romantic type,” she winked at him.

“I’m not being a soppy romantic,” he said mocking her. “It was just a suggestion. Or would you rather that I smacked you round a bit instead?”

She stopped in her tracks, gasping as if her air supply had suddenly been cut off and staring despondently at an invisible object in the air in front of her.

“Hey I was kidding,” he laughed turning back and grabbing her hand.

“Yeah, sorry, I know,” she said snapping out of her trance.

“Come here,” he said pulling her into him. “I’ll be as soppy and romantic as you want me to be, but you can’t tell anyone. I’ve got a reputation as a bad ass to uphold.”

“You think I want that kind of information getting out?” she laughed. “And have all the girls lining up for you…”

“Well… When you put it like that…” He placed his hands on her waist, holding her close and looking down into her eyes as she smiled up at him.

“I’m sure you could handle all the competition,” he grinned, prepping himself, ready to kiss her. “But in saying that, you are the only girl for me…”

Sally had scoured the beach, hoping that she could see Rocco and get a chance to set things straight with him, but she’d had no luck. She hurried along the sand, looking at her watch every few minutes to make sure she wouldn’t be late for school.

She stopped and scanned the beach again, inspecting all the people in her view for even a hint of Rocco’s presence. She saw someone that was close enough. Even with his back to her, and from a considerable distance she could tell exactly who it was.

Just the sight of him infuriated her… and she decided that it was about time she gave him a piece of her mind.

“Johnny!” she yelled walking up behind him. “Johnny I want a word with you!”

Startled, Johnny turned around, trying to block Nina from Sally’s view.

“Johnny Cooper, you might think that you can come here and try and threaten Rocco back into the gang, but…”

She stopped suddenly, realising that he wasn’t there alone. She took a step to the side and saw Nina there, staring desolately at the sand on the ground, her forehead resting lightly on his back.

Sally stepped back, shocked, but in a way saddened at the sight of the girl clutching onto Johnny. She wondered how he had managed to manipulate her and coax her into his dangerous world.

Nina stepped away from him and he looked at her sorrowfully, wishing that he could have done more to keep Sally’s condemning glare away from her.

“But?” Johnny said angrily. “But what?”

“Have you seen Rocco this morning?” Sally asked them nervously.

Johnny grinned. “You lost track of him already?’ he scowled. ‘That’s not a good look Teach. ”

Sally gulped. “Nina, if you see him, could you just let him know that I was looking for him. It’s important that I talk to him.”

“Sure,” she said trying to avoid eye contact with her teacher.

Sally gave her an empathetic look, still wondering how the young girl could have gotten mixed up with Johnny.

“I know that Rocco trusts you,” she added. “And if you ever need to talk to anyone…”

The girl nodded, uncomfortable at being wedged between the hostile feelings Johnny and Sally had towards each other; and of course there was the fact that Sally had caught them together. That now… Sally knew about them…

“Thanks Ms Fletcher,” she said politely. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

“We better get going,” Johnny said grabbing Nina’s arm and leading her away. “Catch ya later Teach…”

ChapterOneHundredEleven:

Pippa giggled as Martha had a taste of the breakfast Sally had left on the counter.

“Ewww…” she said screwing up her face in a playful manner. ‘I don’t know how you eat this stuff Pip!”

Pippa giggled again, covering her mouth trying to dodge the spoon.

“Awww, come on, I was just kidding,” Martha pleaded. “It’s actually really really nice…”

Pippa shook her head, trying hard not to burst out in laughter.

Martha thought for a minute. “Okay, if I tell you a secret…will you have some brekkie?”

“Okay,” Pippa said quietly.

“You eat first, then I’ll tell ya…” Martha smiled.

Pippa nodded and quickly gulped down the tasteless mash on the spoon.

“Okay well a deal’s a deal I guess…” Martha petted her stomach. “I’m having a baby Pip!” she whispered excitedly.

The little girl smiled, not really understanding or comprehending the situation, but she was happy because Martha was happy.

Jack knocked softly on the door and entered hesitantly. “Can I come in?” he asked looking with puppy eyes at Martha.

“Sure, you're already in anyway...” she scowled, giving Pippa another spoonful of breakfast.

“Martha, I’m sorry about last night okay… I’d had a little too much to drink and I wasn’t thinking straight.”

“Yeah well your reactions were pretty slow Jack,” she sighed.

“I’m sorry Martha…”

“Jack we really need to talk…” she started.

“Look I know it was wrong of me to take sides with Ash,” he moaned.

“Yeah, it was wrong Jack!’ she agreed. “I’m your wife, we’re partners and we’re meant to be on the same side. I really thought that we understood each other. When you’re around Ash you just act so different. Like I don’t exist and that makes me feel like you don’t care about me.”

“He’s my best mate Martha,” Jack said pleadingly.

“I’m your wife…”

“Can’t we put this whole thing behind us? Pretend it never happened and move on.”

Martha looked at him hurt and dejected. “Who are you and what have you done with Jack Holden?”

“What do you mean?” he asked confused.

“Or maybe I should ask Ash what he’s done with my husband?”

“Ash is a good guy once you get to know him, that is if you want to give him a chance?”

“I don’t know?” she said shaking her head. “I can tell you one thing, he certainly hasn’t made a good first impression.”

Jack walked towards her and put his arms around her waist. “I’ll talk to him, set him straight about us and lay down some rules while he’s staying with us…”

“Wait? What? He’s staying with us?”

Jack cringed, realising he’d put his foot in it. “I know I should’ve talked to you first, but if you look at it, it’ll be a great opportunity for you guys to get to know each other.”

“Are Kim and Rachel okay with it?” she asked.

“Yeah, they were alright… it’s only for a few days… max… I promise.”

“Jack…”

“Martha, will you please just come home.”

“Fine,” she kissed him gently on his lips and Jack smiled, hugging her tightly. “But there really is something that we need to talk about Jack, it’s really important.”

“Well what is it?”

“Okay, well…”

Jack’s phone rang loudly and he pulled it out of his pocket to check the caller display. ‘It’s the station, I’ve gotta take this. Just one sec okay…”

He stepped away from her and talked quietly on his phone. Martha continued to feed Pippa, but a part of her was annoyed that Jack had taken the phone call.

“I’ve gotta go,” Jack said kissing her cheek. “The Police Commissioner wants to see me…”

“The Police Commissioner?” she said worried. “You’re not in any trouble are you?”

“Well I hope not… but he’s like the top cop in the whole country, I really can’t keep him waiting. I’m sorry Martha. How about we meet up later at the diner?”

“Okay, but Jack…”

“Yeah?”

She hesitated. She wanted to just blurt out that she was pregnant and see what his reaction was. But at the same time, she wanted the moment to be just perfect. “Nothing,” she said finally. “I love you Jack.”

He smiled and walked backwards to the door. “I love you too…”

Archived