Back In The Days

Guest Psycho_Sis

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww sweet! thanks for that, Bree :D

snobby lil clare isnt exactly the perfect fit for pete, huh? hehe

I beg to differ! Peter and Clare are perfect for each other. I'm hoping it's not a conspiracy to make me not like her! :P

Fantastic update! Your writing is absolutely awesome and I really love your style.

And, I agree with Shannon about Rachel the nerd... I don't know whether it's :wub: or :( that he's a nerd!

Update soon!

Alright peeps- heres the next part:

The next morning, Tracey awake to pots and pans banging around noisily in the kitchen. She sat up, rubbed her eyes and got dressed. She followed the hallway through to the kitchen, and entered the sun-lit room.

She found her mother in an apron, sizzling bacon in a frypan. Her father was reading the morning paper, and sipping on coffee.

"Morning," she greeted her parents.

"Morning, hun," Mom greeted her back. Dad nodded at her.

Mum dumped a plate of bacon and eggs in front of Tracey. She pushed it away, feeling the need to dismiss food from her stomach.

"I'll eat it after school, but thanks anyway, Mom."

She placed the plate in the fridge and put her shoes on. When her mother and her were both set to go, they walked freshly out the door and entered the car, on the way to school.

Tracey arrived to school in a daze. She didn't know why, but she felt as though there was something she needed to say, but she couldnt quite figure out what. It had been on her mind all morning, and was beginning to irritate her.

Scratching her head with confusion, she made her way over to the lockers. It was Friday. She would normally have started planning on what she was going to spend her weekend doing, but she couldn't think today.

Making her way over to locker #88, she dropped her bag and began twisting the combination knob.

" Darn thing!" she said, when it wouldn't open. It was jammed.

She tugged at the small door, but it was no use.

She sighed. " Come on.." she said quietly.

Then someone came up behind her and banged the locker door. It creaked open.

Tracey turned around, to find Peter, standing up behind her with a pleased smile on his face.

" Ohh...heya Pete. Thanks for getting this stupid thing open." Tracey gratefully greeted.

" No problem. Have you seen Clare around at all?" he asked.

Tracey shook her head.

" Ok thanks anyway. I'll see you tonight."

Tracey smiled. His perfume was exquisite. She inhaled the scent deeply and shut her eyes.

Then she snapped back to reality. Where's Zoe? she thought. She pushed her locker shut and locked the combination up.

It wasn't a hard task to find Zoe. Kim had her up against the wall, and he was leaning off the wall on one hand. Zoe was blushing deeply and fidgeting shyly with her uniform skirt hem.

Tracey crept up behind Kim, and poked her tongue out at Zoe.

" Hey Trace," Zoe greeted enthusiastically.

Kim turned around. " Oh hey."

" Sorry- am i interrupting anything between you two?" Tracey said.

Then there was something about Zoe she wanted to burst into giggles at.

" Yes- so scram," Zoe joked.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

Kim laughed. " Catch you up babe. See you at the dance tonight. I'll pick you up around 5:30."

He kissed her on the cheek, flung his backpack over his shoulder and turned round a corner to the exit of the lockers.

Tracey snorted.

Zoe sighed and smiled. " Everything is going so well!" she said cheerfully. "he took me out to the afternoon movie show and he hung out at his house after that, and-"

"Wait wait wait wait wait. YOU, hung out, at HIS house, at NIGHT?" Tracey asked with interest.

Zoe groaned. " You are sooo immature, Tracey. We were studying for maths."

Tracey raised an eyebrow, unconvinced that Zoe was telling the truth.

"Okay we kissed once. But thats it!" Zoe said, steaming.

"Okay okay, I believe you."

When Zoe walked in front of Tracey, Tracey pulled a face out at her. "Not."

At interval, Clare walked past Tracey and bumped her shoulder.

"Watch it!" Clare snapped.

Tracey rolled her eyes. "Cow."

Zoe nudged her. "You ok, Trace?"

"Fine."

Tracey watched Clare disappear in the distance.

"What's on your mind?"

"Nevermind."

"Maybe I can help."

They sat down onto a wooden bench, and Zoe peered at Tracey. Tracey looked a little exhausted, but otherwise, fine.

"Seriously Zoe, im fine."

"Nervous about the dance tonight?" Zoe sighed excitedly.

"Yeah. Nervous."

"You're gonna be fine. Take my advice for it- wear a low-cut dress, okay?" Zoe started giggling.

Tracey couldnt help but smile. She couldnt help but gasp either, when Peter slid in the seat next to her.

Zoe swallowed and looked away, trying not to laugh.

Tracey clenched her left fist nervously, and turned to smile at him.

"Hey- do you want me to pick you up..lets say...around six-ish?" he asked.

" Yeah..that'd be great."

She wrote her address down for him and flashed him another smile.

" Cheers, mate. If you see Clare anywhere, tell her we need to talk- desperately." Pete said.

He flashed her one of his famous drop-dead gorgeous grins, and gapped.

Tracey swallowed hard, and gripping the table as hard as she could.

Zoe's mouth was clamped shut. She was holding her giggles in.

" I didn't laugh at the hickey on your neck when I first spotted it this morning!" Tracey blurted out angrily.

"Shh!!!" Zoe's hand flew over Tracey's mouth.

Several students glanced in their direction and gave them weird looks.

"Theres something about that Tracey Thompson. Her warm smile. Her friendly behaviour. I can't exactly figure out what else I like about her, but I know its there. It doesnt flash into my mind, it only sits in my heart, remaining unthinkable. Theres gotta be more to her than just her appearance and behaviour...I know theres something there...I just gotta figure out what..."

"What are you gonna do after school?" Zoe asked Tracey during 6th period.

"I have about 50 bucks in my wallet. I have to go and get an outfit- wanna come?"

"Aww, sorry Trace. I cant. But i'll see you at the dance, though."

"Okay cool."

Zoe preened. "Well, i'll be at home trying on all my dresses."

"Like always," Tracey teased.

She glanced across the classroom, and spotted Clare near the back.

She ripped out a piece of paper from her book and wrote roughly on it:

Hey Clare its Tracey.

Peter says he desperately needs to talk to you.

She folded it up and aimed it at Clare. It bounced off her forehead and hit the floor.

Glancing up angrily, she turned to Tracey. Tracey pointed to the floor and turned back to her work.

When Clare had unfolded the note and read what it had said, she wasn't pleased.

We talk all the time for heaven's sake. Give me a break, she thought.

When Tracey got home, she was holding an expensive shopping bag. She opened it up, and pulled out the fancy red silk dress she had brought for an amazing bargain. It was pure silk, and it fit perfectly on her.

The price of it had been exactly fifty dollars.

Tracey dusted it off. "Mum, you home?" she called through the house.

Her mother came bounding down the stairs. "Hi honey."

Her eyes wandered down to the dress, and she gasped. "How much was THAT?"

Tracey shrugged. "Only fifty dollars."

"Only!? That's expensive!!" Her mother enthusiastically threw her arms in the air.

"What? The original price is 100!" Tracey said back.

Her mother shook her head. "Dress to impress, as they always say. Who's taking you?"

"Peter."

Her mother nodded and disappeared into the kitchen. The sound of a kettle noise followed soon after.

Tracey looked up at the clock. "5:30!! Sheesh! I gotta get ready!!!" Tracey shrieked.

She thundered upstairs and threw her clothes off. [Psst- SHAN!]

She slipped into the dress and smoothed it down. Slipping on her black stilletto's, her breath became unusually shaky as she finished clipping them up.

Then she looked at herself in the mirror. She almost gagged at her hair.

She made a pounce for the hairbrush, and gently smoothened her layers down. "That's better."

She walked slowly downstairs and clomped noisily into the kitchen. "Mom? Can I borrow some mascara?"

Her own mother gasped at her. "Oh Tracey...dont you think you wont need any makeup?"

Tracey shrugged. "Dress to impress, remember?"

"Lipstick, and THATS it," she said. She reached into her handbag and offered Tracey some red lipstick. It went perfectly with the entire outfit.

Smacking her lips together, Tracey settled onto the table, waiting for Peter's arrival. She had 20 minutes before he arrived. So, deciding to do something to occupy herself before his arrival, she settled down to watch a dvd.

25 minutes later, the sound of a car honk hooted outside. Tracey almost jumped.

"Thats me. Bye mom."

"Bye sweetheart. Take care of yourself and txt me if you want, ok?"

"Sure. Bye."

Tracey smoothened her hair again and picked up her black purse. She threw open the front door and gasped.

For there, at the gate, stood a handsome gentleman, awaiting his lady's arrival into the car.

Archived