Back In The Days

Guest Psycho_Sis

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woot! Here's next part:

Tracey groaned and ran a hand through her slick shiny layered hair. " Finally, one more period to go until hometime."

Zoe mumbled in reply. As they slowly made their way onto the next class, Tracey's thoughts about Peter were interrupted by a shrill ringing noise.

" One sec, Trace, " Zoe said. She skipped over to the nearest tree and pulled her phone from her pocket. As Tracey watched, Zoe was squealing in delight at her screen. She pressed the 'Yes' button and held her phone to her ear. " Hello, Kim!" she said sweetly.

Tracey muffled her laughter inside her mouth and folded her arms, looking around the atmosphere patiently.

" You're in science? Yeah i know really boring. I mean who wants to study hydrochloric acid anyway. YAWN!" Zoe chatted.

Tracey chortled. Science is Zoe's favourite subject- what an all talk, she thought with laughter.

" Catch up after school? Sure i'd love to! Meet me in the lockers after school- okay cool. Sweet. See you then- bye!! " Zoe squeaked.

She hung the phone up and slipped it back into her pocket.

" Zoe you LOVE science! " Tracey said, shoving Zoe lightly.

" Im trying to get a date here- i highly doubt he wants to go out with a science maniac." Zoe replied.

Tracey rolled her eyes for the hundrenth time that day.

" You know, one day, your eyes are going to roll back into your head, then the wind will change and you'll look like that forever." Zoe sneered.

In the last class for the day, which was Art class, the room was in it's usual chaos.

A random substitute had taken over the class, and like always, the students were giving her a hard time.

" Ms- you can shove this paint. Art's dumb." Some boy yelled out.

" Josh- just be quiet. You're being rude, " Rachel added angrily.

The substitute picked up a whiteboard marker and began writing some notes onto the board. She began to draw diagrams, and the boys mocked her of her unprofessional rough circles she had drawn out.

" Enough. Quiet all, i'm going to read you a book about Andy Warhol. He created soup cans on his paintings because he'd always wanted to be remembered as a soup can. Though i could never understand why-" the substitute struggled to get everyone's attention.

" Guys! Shut up! Or i'll go get Mrs Fletcher! " Rachel yelled out.

" Whats your number, nerd? " another boy hollered. There was a loud screech of laughter.

The substitute shook her head with defeat. She picked up an extension phone and dialed a few numbers in. She mumbled something into the phone, but with the level of noise the class was creating, it would be virtually impossible to hear what she was saying.

A few minutes later, Sally Fletcher bounded into the classroom with shock. She excused the teacher politely and in a huff, the teacher escaped like a bird from a cage.

" Class, now im very disappointed in your lack of co-operation. " Sally looked around fiercely.

Several students surrendered and held up their unfinished paintings. Tracey and Zoe were whispering quietly at the end of the classroom.

" So, you'll be meeting up with Kim huh? So cute! " Tracey gushed.

" Yip! Totally excited. " Zoe said.

" Girls down the end. Hush please. " Sally said. " You'll be given an extra something to work on, due to lack of respect for the substitute i prepared for you this period. And you'll be writing 3000 words on how you should behave when your usual teacher isn't around."

The students all sighed. " Ohhh, man! "

So immature, Rachel thought grumpily. For she had already begun writing her essay on respect and was already a whole quarter through.

Tracey and Zoe both said goodbye to each other after the bell.

" Have fun with Kim, my mom's waiting outside the school gates for me." Tracey said.

Zoe patted her curls. " Sure I will. Later! "

They both waved and Tracey skipped away, approaching her mother's medium blue convertible neatly parked outside the school.

" Oh, John! Quit it. You're taking me, and that's final. " Clare Brody grabbed her hair impatiently.

John was over at her house for a few hours to study for an assignment. So far, all he had been chittering about was how she shouldve taken Peter instead.

" It's just a dance, " Clare insisted. " Whats your problem? Im sure he already has a date. I heard so."

John shrugged. "Okay, fine, Clare. Take a chill pill. I was just curious as to why you would wanna go with me, is all."

" So i dont look like a complete idiot rolling up to the dance with no date?" Clare said, rolling her eyes.

John sighed and lowered his eyes to the floor. He was hurt.

" Are you gonna help me with this worksheet or what? " Clare said angrily.

Peter hopped onto a t shirt and shorts and slipped coolly into his bed. He stared up at the ceiling and wondered what Tracey was like. She'd seemed friendly enough. Friendly enough to go to the dance with him.

He suddenly felt enclosed in a small space. He felt an anger so strong, he could almost touch it. He was being manipulated by Clare, and it had gone far enough. He needed someone else with more respect and considerate of his feelings. Someone like...Tracey.

Are you crazy? You dont even know her, a voice said inside his head.

He sighed in reply and turned over in his bed. He pulled the blankets up higher over him and shut his eyes. He dreamt of nothing.

Tracey looked at the wall next to her. Peter Peter Peter, she thought.

She thought of the way he was activally fit. The way he respected her more than any other boy she had ever met. Even though they'd havent spent enough time together to know who they both were, she knew there was something about him. She'd known that when they'd first met.

She longed to speak to him about these feelings, but she only considered it a short phase in a certain timeframe. Yeah, he would think you lost your marbles, girl, a voice said in her head.

" Yeah, totally true." she said to herself. She pulled the pillow downwards beneath her, then she shut her eyes slowly, with the one thing on her mind that frictioned her possibility to be able to fall asleep.

Eventually, she dropped into a deep sleep.

And she too, dreamt of nothing.

:D I just might make a 2nd update today if i ever reach enough encouragement for today :D

Aqwesome update Rach! Im loving this fic :D

I wish Tracey would take me to the dance.

Zoe and Kim is just so cute! :wub: Loving Rachel the 'nerd'! :D

Please post more soon!! Shan xx

Archived