Back In The Days

Guest Psycho_Sis

Rachel....

Once again, you are one of the few people who leave me completely speechless. That was fantastic writing. I loved both chapters heaps! I especially love the part where Tracey does one of her hairflips at Peter :wub: That was friggin hot! :D

I really love it heaps. Please update soon, okay? :D

[especially since you're on a 2 week holiday at the moment.... :P ]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im bored. So here's the next part:

" BABY! I WANT YOU- BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAYYYY!" Tracey sang out as loudly as she could as she entered the gym. She found Zoe kneeling, untieing her shoelaces slowly. At the noise of Tracey singing, she cocked up her head and her face showed a definite look of disgust.

" Tracey, you HATE that song! Come on, what's up. Spill to Zoe! " she said excitedly.

" Well, " Tracey bragged.

" Stop keeping me in suspense! " Zoe picked up her sports bag and began walking to the exit of the gym with Tracey.

" Peter asked me out to the dance, and I totally accepted! We were alone in the class, you know. Perfect timing, place...im so excited!" Tracey gushed.

" Good for you. Okay your time in the spotlight has now finished. "I'm gonna ask KIM to the dance! " Zoe said happily.

Tracey burst into laughs. " Dude- HE'S gotta ask you- thats the way it's gotta be done. Its...weird if a girl asks a guy. "

" He wont hurry up," Zoe said.

" Maybe he already has a date," teased Tracey.

" He doesn't!" Zoe said with absolute uncertainly.

"Maybe he does."

"Ask him! Pleaseee for me!!" Zoe pleaded.

Tracey shook her head. " No, Zoe! Im not gonna push it. He might think i wanna go to the dance with him and-" She stopped when Kim began walking from behind Zoe.

" Here's your chance, " Tracey laughed.

Before Zoe had a chance to reply, Tracey was annoyingly skipping away.

" Hi, Zoe, I was wondering if..."

Tracey had overheard these six words and had rushed away quickly with excitement for her best friend.

She was still skipping away when she sat down for a breath behind the gym building next to a bush. Zoe was so funny at times. Well, thats both of us fixed, Tracey thought happily.

Her eyes anxiously wandered over toward the laughing and talking approaching.

She saw Clare coming, and she was walking with a guy with short brown hair.

" No, John, will you quit bugging me? I DO wanna go to the dance with you, I just can't do anything with you. You know I'm with Pete." Clare's voice demanded.

" Why're you going with me if you're his girlfriend?" the boy wanted to know.

Tracey cocked her head to the side, listened carefully.

" I just think...I need to be chilled out. Just because i'm going to the dance with someone else doesn't mean im having an immediate affair. Its just a school dance, not a wedding for crying out loud."

" Okay chill, ok? I've gotta get to basketball practice, catch you up soon."

There was a sound of feet skipping away, and when Tracey poked her head out from the bush, sure enough, stood Clare on her own. She had one hand limpily dangling on one side and she was txting with the other hand.

"Come on, Pete...answer your txt..." she mumbled.

Tracey stepped out. " Hi, Clare."

If she wanted to go to the dance with Peter, it wouldn't hurt just to get to know his girlfriend.

Clare looked up with interest and her expression fell when she saw it was someone she didn't know.

" Hi..whoever you are." she answered grumpily.

Tracey immediately caught the fact that Clare might be a snobby rich girl, but she knew she shouldn't judge people on their first words to her.

" Hi, I'm Tracey. I liked your performance on stage that day. You played Goldilocks perfectly well."

Clare raised an eyebrow. " Well, thanks...Tracey. Um- would you know Peter by any chance?"

" Yeah. I've got Phys Ed with him next. Why?"

" Could you tell him to answer his phone, please? Thanks. And um, bye."

And with that, Clare walked off.

She stared after her until she turned the corner, then she heard familiar cursing from behind her.

" So stupid- so UGH!" Zoe tossed her bag across the court, several books spilled out and scrattered across the concrete.

"Easy, darl! What happened? I would've expected a bubbly Zoe to approach, not a grouchy one." Tracey stared at Zoe in interest.

" Well- i actually thought he was gonna ask me to the dance, with the beginning of that sentence, I was sure enough he was gonna take me." Zoe grumbled.

" Well? What happened?" Tracey said.

" He was wondering if...I had a bloody pencil sharpener! " Zoe screeched.

Her voice echoed across the yard and a few birds thundering out of the trees.

Tracey hesistated sadly. If she didn't do anything soon, Zoe would burst into tears.

She sat next to her best friend and tightly wrapped her up into a hug.

" Listen Zoe, you're a catch- really. He will ask you out. I'm sure of that. You both get along great- don't you? I'm sure he hasnt got a date. " Tracey tried her best to confront Zoe with the best advice possible.

" Maybe he will, " Zoe hugged back.

Then Tracey got up and began to collect Zoe's textbooks from the ground. Scattered everywhere. Tracey tsk-tsked but felt quite relieved when she heard that Zoe's muffled crys were quieting down faster. Her eyes wandered over the end of the yard, where a book lay open, the wind blowing its pages over.

She had just begun to start walking back to Zoe, when she stopped dead in her tracks.

Kim! Sitting right next to Zoe. Zoe was embarrassingly wiping away her tears and forcing herself to smile at him. Tracey smiled brightly. So cute, she thought with complete happiness.

Kim had placed a hand on Zoe's shoulder, and his face showed an expression of friendliness.

Zoe was biting her lip and nodding. Kim hugged her, and Zoe hugged back. Her mouth was hanging wide open and she was unmistakably blushing badly.

Kim waved and skipped away. After he turned the corner where Clare had before gone, Zoe jumped up excitedly.

" Yaaaaaay! " she squealed.

Tracey rushed over, and sat next to her friend. " Well? What did he say?"

" He WAS gonna ask me to the dance in the first place! He told me just now he had wimped out and that was why he asked for a pencil sharpener. But he asked me now, anyway so I guess its gonna be alright!" Zoe was sighing with joy.

" Told you it was gonna work out haha, " Tracey said, smiling.

The bell rang loudly, making both of them jump in surprise.

She picked Zoe's bag up and crammed the books inside. " Come on, we've got physical education. Can't miss that."

By the time they reached class, everyone had already changed into their fitness gear. Peter was on the other side of the gym, doing warm up exercises on his own.

Should I tell Peter what I overheard? Tracey asked herself.

" Alright! Students! have a seat please while I call the roll."

Later on, she promised herself, and made her way to the front of the gym.

Meanwhile, the class had divided into two groups. One group was sitting and watching the other team playing basketball, the other group was out on the floor.

Tracey stared dreamily at Peter. She was watching him dart backwards and forwards in the game. He was surprisingly fit. He had the ball, and was blocking the other players' attempts to get it off him.

Tracey sighed and tilted her head. He had such a nice body shape...and he was SWEATING! :cool:

Small beads of sweat dropped off his forehead as he made a leap toward the net. He jammed the ball through the hoop, and was still holding onto it as the ball went through. Several players applauded loudly.

Pete dangled from the hoop for a short while then dropped back to the floor.

" GO PETE! " Tracey hooted.

Some of the boys immaturely added: " Ooooooo! Tracey and Peter!!"

Tracey blushed and stared after Peter. He was holding the ball under his left arm, and he was SMILING at her.

Some boys teased Peter by nudging him. Peter shoved them away.

Zoe proded Tracey in the hip. " Way to go, girlie."

Peter winked at Tracey, and there was whistle blown, which signified the game to follow onwards...

Tracey is a lucky girl! Peter winks at her and asks her to the dance! *pouts in corner*

Damn, what is Clare up to? Woman, why are you doing this to your man? :P

Aww, Zoe and Kim are so cute! It was really great of you to make them a couple! They're so good together! :D

Fantastic update, Rachel! Awesome stuff! Keep it up and Update soon. :)

Archived