Corey's Revenge

Guest Home and Away Always!!!

Hi I will update soon but I can't think of any thing to write about at the moment. But when I do I will update for you. Thanks for your comments.

Ok :)

Everyone must stop being mean to Corey! please pretty please :)

Poor lil Corey he has no friends except for me and Jack.

:) :) :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woo hoo! Writer's block gone! I forced myself to write and I did! For once, I listened to myself. Here is some more for you. It's not perfect, but it's something. I reckon I'm in about the middle of the story now. I have planned the big event, but I need to fill some time in before that happens. So here you go. I hope you like it.

Chapter Six:

A week later, Martha was able to return home. Jack was being very over cautious and protective, which annoyed Martha a bit, but she knew it was because he loved her, and it was rather funny to watch.

As soon as they got home he sat her down on the couch.

“Now, is there anything I can get you? A blanket, a drink? I’ll get one.” Jack said, hurrying away. Martha tried not to laugh. When he came back she said, “Jack?”

“What? Are you uncomfortable? Does your head hurt? They gave me some painkillers. Do you need one?”

“Jack,” she said with a smile. “Calm down babe. I’m alright, really.”

He came and sat next to her. “I guess I’m overreacting, aren’t I?”

She smiled at him. “Just a bit.”

“I just want to make sure you’re okay.”

“And I will be, as long as I have you. And they wouldn’t have let me come home if I wasn’t okay, would they?”

“No, they wouldn’t have.” He agreed. “Sorry, I just can’t help worrying.”

She patted his hand. “I know.”

He leaned over and kissed her softly. Then he went outside to get the mail from the letterbox.

A blank envelope made him curious. He turned it over and opened it. Cut up magazine words jumped out from the page at him.

‘I am coming to get her Jack. You can’t hide your precious Martha forever.’

His hands shook. He whipped around as if he would see Corey right there, but no-one was in sight.

He hurried back inside to Martha. You can’t leave her alone again, he thought to himself. If you do, he could hurt her again, maybe even worse this time.

Martha noticed he looked tenser when he came back inside. “Is everything okay babe?” she asked.

“Yeah, it’s all fine.” he lied. He didn’t want her to worry. He went and sat down on the lounge with her.

“How about we watch a movie?” he asked, putting his arms around her.

“Sounds good to me.” She said to her husband, snuggling closer to him.

He held her protectively, not wanting to let her go.

Three days later, Martha and Jack both returned to work. Jack would only let Martha go on the condition that someone else would always be with her, that she would sit down and rest if she felt tired and that he would take her and pick her up. She was a bit tired of staying home every day, so she agreed. Jack was only going back to work so he could help on the case of catching Corey.

Jack dropped Martha off at Noah’s Bar where she was met by Alf. She quickly got stuck into her job, wanting to forget about most things that had happened.

Everything was alright until about lunch time. Martha needed to go empty some things into the bin outside. Alf was rather reluctant to let her, after Jack’s warnings and the recent events, but Martha was persistent.

“For heavens sake Grandad, it’s just outside, like less than 100 metres away!” Martha laughed. She had been cooped up inside all day and just needed a breather for a moment.

Alf reluctantly agreed, but only if she would come straight back inside. Martha went out and put the things in the bins. She then leaned against the brick wall and took a deep breath, closing her eyes and she let the joy of being outside rush through her.

After a minute she opened her eyes and started walking back inside. But something caught her eye. She turned her head slightly to see someone dressed in dark pants and a white shirt. He moved very fast towards the Surf Club and it took a moment for her to realise that he was heading for her. She whipped around to see Corey leaning against a black car, grinning maliciously. She bolted to the door of the bar, dodging the man by only centimetres. She ran screaming into the bar, and Alf rushed towards her to find out what was wrong.

“Corey . . . and a man . . . outside . . . tried to take me!!!” she spluttered out.

Alf tried to calm her down, but she was inconsolable. People went outside but Corey and the man were long gone. They rang Jack, who came rushing and took his wife in his arms, who was still hysterical, screaming and crying in fear.

“Did he hurt you babe? Did he? What did he do? Please tell me Martha.” Jack begged his wife, but she could only cry and shake her head, spluttering, but unable to get anything out.

Jack had to take her home to try and calm her down. He lay down on their bed with her, cradling her in his arms. She sobbed into his strong chest until she fell asleep from exhaustion.

Jack sighed softly. Corey had slipped through their fingers once again. He was just too careful and clever to let them catch him. Everything of his plan must have been perfect down to the last detail. Jack looked down at Martha, still in his arms. The look of fear and sadness still had not left her face. He hated seeing her so broken. He wished that he could make it all go away.

I may just need to make the next few chapters happy, because I'm stuck in a bit of a depressive mood for writing. Oh no, maybe that writers block isn't fully gone yet. Anyway, I will try to make the next few chapters fluffy, I promise.

Archived