All You Need Is Love

Guest phize

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack and Martha had been married for two weeks and so far everything had been blissful. One morning Jack awoke and was surprised to see that Martha wasn’t in bed. He strolled downstairs sleepily and was horrified to see Martha in tears.

“Whats wrong?” He asked. “The telephone just rung and it was Morag, Alf died in his sleep last night.” Replied Martha in between sobs. Jack pulled Martha into a hug but she fought it and ran outside ignoring the hurt look on Jack’s face. Jack didn’t say anything or even follow her as he gathered that she just needed her space but inside he was hurting not just because the woman he loved was so deeply upset but also because it seemed that she couldn’t turn to him when times got rough.

By nightfall Martha had still not returned and Jack was beginning to get worried-he had spent all day trying to keep his mind of Martha but now he was worried. He knew exactly where she would be so he went to find her. As he reached “their” place at the top of the cliff he saw her figure looking out to sea. “Martha” He whispered softly and knelt down behind her to take her in his arms. Martha struggled again but this time Jack held on tight until Martha finally accepted. “I love you so much and I’ll do everything I can to help you get through this” Jack whispered. Martha turned in his arms so that she was facing him and let the tears come freely. “Jack I don’t know what I’m going to do without him-he was everything to me, my shoulder to cry on, my confidant and the person I could trust most in the world” Martha spoke these words through her tears and failed to notice the hurt in Jacks eyes.

“Martha maybe I could be that person to you-I know that your that person for me.”

Martha looked into Jacks eyes and saw the hurt in them and for a moment forgot about Alf. “Jack you already are that person for me, you know that you’re my world but sometimes there are some things that I just can’t tell you, you know I’m not good with my feelings” After saying this she pulled Jack in for a long passionate kiss. As they kissed Jack felt her tears streaming down her face and wondered whether Martha would ever be quite the same again, he also thought how he could make Martha rely on him more and how to make her open up more. As they pulled apart Jack wiped away her tears and said “I’m not going anywhere I’ll be here always for you Martha, I promise” “But you won’t-not always will you Jack?” She replied “Sometimes I worry what I would do without you and if loosing Alf cuts me up this much I don’t know what I’ll ever do without you. I didn’t know it was possible to be more in love with you but every day I love you just that bit more and every day I become more and more afraid of losing you-I don’t know what to do”

When Jack heard these words he knew that he should not feel hurt that Martha didn’t always confide in him but his heart shattered at these words for he didn’t know how he could help as one day he may not be able to be there for her…

What can make Martha realise that you have to live life to the full?

doesnt Martha call Alf, Grandad?

Yeah I realised that too! Oh well, she could have been just repeating what Morag had said :) This may sound really bad but I found it really funny that Alf died in his sleep because he has survived every disaster possible and then dies like that! If I was him I would be really p****d off(in my grave) :lol::P

Great chapter, can't wait for more!

ONE YEAR LATER

As Martha sat on the floor watching with her three month old son, Sammy she thought of Alf who had died this time a year ago. She missed him so much and wished he could have met his great grandson-he would have been so proud. While thinking of that day a year ago she remembered the conversation she had had with Jack about how afraid she was of loosing him. Jack and her were as much in love as ever before but Martha knew that she didn’t fully open up to him as she couldn’t bare to depend on him anymore because if Jack was ever not there for some reason she wasn’t sure she’d be able to cope, and by keeping apart of herself back from him she felt that it might give her slightly more strength to cope.

Jacks past year had been one of the happiest of his life as he and Martha were so happy and blessed to have Sammy. He had thought to himself that day one year ago on the cliff that Martha would never be the same and in a way he supposed that he was right as as much as he tried to deny it he knew deep down that since that day Martha had confided in him less and less. He knew the reason as he had worked it out but he never mentioned it to her as he felt he couldn’t change it.

As Jack crossed the road to get to their house he was so engrossed in thought that he failed to notice an oncoming car. Everything seemed to go in slow motion; he felt the car hit his legs and he was catapulted into the air in that split second his last thought was his conversation with Martha the day that Alf had died where he had said to her “I’m not going anywhere I’ll be here always for you Martha, I promise”. As he landed on the bonnet he whispered “I’m so sorry Martha”

I’m not sure whether I’m going to continue as not many people seem to be reading this fic!!

Archived