All You Need Is Love

Guest phize

Glad your all liking it! Hopefully will get new update soon, but please comment!

Martha heard ambulance sirens outside and so scooped Sammy up and ran outside to see whether there was anything she could do. As she got closer she saw that the motionless figure that was being wheeled into the ambulance was Jack.

“JACKKKK” She screamed. She sprinted to the ambulance and hopped in saying in a panic

“That’s my husband, what happened, is he alive?”

The paramedic replied “He seems to be in a coma, I’m afraid his chances don’t look good-he was hit my a car.”

For the whole journey to the hospital Martha’s insides were frozen with fear she couldn’t take her eyes of Jack.

When the got to the hospital Jack was wheeled away and Martha was left crumpled in a heap with tears falling fast in a corner of a hospital. A nurse had taken Sammy away from her and put him the hospital crèche so that Martha needn’t worry. Tony and Beth after just a few minutes came sprinting into the hospital and fell at Martha’s side. Beth’s heart went out to Martha as the pain that she was feeling was written all over her face.

Two Hours later Martha was sitting alone by Jack’s bedside. Beth and Tony had gone home with Sammy after the doctors had said there was nothing that they could do. Jack was hit with such a severe blow to the head that he was in a deep coma where the chances of him waking up were non existent or at best extremely slim.

Martha lied down on the bed and snuggled into Jacks chest. She thought of how the time had come when Jack wasn’t going to be there for her. She looked at the man whom she loved with all her heart and broke down into tears.

In the morning the nurse found Martha asleep the sheet around her wet from tears. She let her sleep on because she knew that nothing could be done for Jack now.

For the next month Martha was never to leave Jack’s bedside she hardly saw Sammy and didn’t seem to care for she was frozen in such deep sorrow that nothing could shake her out of it-even Sammy couldn’t as Martha just seemed oblivious to everyone around her. She slept every night by Jack and hardly ate at all and so became incredibly thin. There was nothing anyone could do for her the only two people in the world that she listened to were Jack and Alf and neither were there to help.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry i know i said happy fic but i realised that if it was happy there wouldn't be much of a story!!! it may all be happy in the end though you'll have to wait and see! hopefully will get next update tomorrow! thankyou for all you lovely comments

PLEASE COMMENT!!!

One morning Martha was woken from Jack’s bedside by Sammy who ran in screaming “Mummy, Mummy”. He clung to her leg and wouldn’t let go. It was then that she realised that she couldn’t go on like this. She loved Jack and always would but she knew that their son needed her and this is what Jack would have wanted.

She scooped up Sammy and said “Its ok Mummy’s back now”. For the first time in a month she slept a night at home with Sammy in her bed. She didn’t give up hope that Jack would wake up and still visited him every day for a many hours. Each time she saw him she was filled with an overwhelming feeling of regret. She regretted that she had spent so much time worrying how she would cope without him that she forgot to live in the moments when they were together. She wished she had shared her feelings with Jack more and shown him how much she loved him.

A few days later whilst Sammy was sleeping, Martha found herself sitting at the kitchen table with a pen and paper. She didn’t know what to write or why she even had got them but slowly as tears begun to stream down her cheeks she realised what she must do-she had to get out her feelings in some way. So she begun…

Dear Jack,

Day by day I am learning to cope with life without you, its not easy but I’m surviving. I hope you would be proud of me for I really am trying. I am going to write you a letter for every day that you are not with me so that when you do wake up you will be able to read how I felt as my biggest regret is not sharing my feelings with you enough. I love you Jack more than anything in the world and everyday when I go into the hospital to sit by your bedside I cannot believe how lucky I was that you fell in love with me. Slowly I am beginning to realise that I was so stupid to worry about coping when you may not be here for what is most important is living when you are with me. Not only have you made my life so wonderful but you also gave me our son. He misses you so much Jack and it breaks my heart to see it. Everyone is being so kind to us especially your Dad as this is hurting him so much too but somehow I do not want people’s help as I have to learn to stand on my own two feet. I knew this day would come and it is what I was afraid of. It is worse than I ever could have imagined but I am starting to realise that I’m a stronger person than I knew. I have the most important thing in life to get me through and that is love-my love for you. Because at the end of the day All You Need is Love and I most certainly have it. Come back to us soon Jack, all my love Martha xxx

Archived