Family Life

Guest Jackieleanne

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks you three glad you are enjoying it.

Chapter 12

“When are we going to get there mum?” Chloe asks me from her seat as we drove out of the airport in our rental car,

“Sweetie we only just left the airport we are going to the hotel first and we will be going to Disney world tomorrow but you never know Mickey and Minnie might come to visit us in the hotel tonight” I say to her, we was staying in the Grand Floridarian the main Disney hotel so we knew it was likely that we would get to see some of the characters, it was only a short monorail trip from Magic Kingdom and Epcot while it was only a short bus ride to the other theme parks and to be honest me, dad, Lucas and mum were just as excited about getting their as the kids, mum and dad had jumped at the chance of coming with us and we wasn’t going to turn down the chance to have free babysitters on our doorstep while we was on holiday.

“Can we not go to Disney World tonight mummy?” Dylan asks me,

“No Dylan its late and we need to unpack” I tell him softly,

“but mummy I want to go” he whines,

“No Dylan” I tell him sternly

“But mummy, please daddy I want to go” he cries, here we go trying to play us against each other I look at Lucas pleadingly,

“No Dylan we have to unpack the suitcases and its to late to go now its been a long flight and Katie is asleep, now if you’re good we will let you watch the fireworks before you go to bed” Lucas tells him, his voice stern and stronger than mine he always gets the point across better.

“Katie wake up we are here baby” I whisper softly stroking her hair back out of her voice as Lucas picked Dylan up knowing he was going to be hardest to control in the mood he was in,

“Can I hold your hand granddad?” I hear Chloe ask dad as he climbs out of the driver’s seat,

“Sure princess” he tells her,

“Come on Katie we are here” I say more loudly when she fails to wake up at my first attempts, I lift her into my arms gently knowing that she wasn’t going to wake up she was certainly in a deep sleep,

“Wow daddy look at that!” I hear Dylan shout looking up I see him squirming in Lucas arms, as he points at the castle,

“Yea dyl” he says as he puts him down on the floor and takes his hand as he starts jumping up and down “calm down dyl! Can you manage with her hun?” he asks me turning around to face me as I walk slowly behind them carrying Katie,

“Yea you just keep him under control” I say laughing.

“Mummy, daddy” I hear Katie moan from the bed,

“Hey beautiful your awake” I say softly walking back to the bed, Dylan and Chloe were in mum and dad’s room in the mood they was in we knew that Katie would only get woken up and we knew that she would of only been grumpy if that happened,

“You want to come and watch the fireworks with mummy and daddy” Lucas asks her walking to her side and picking her up in his arms, she nods resting her head on his shoulder obviously still sleepy even though she had slept for a few hours on the flight and throughout the car journey and for the last two hours since we arrived I make my way outside onto the balcony sitting down beside Lucas as he holds Katie on his knee, he wraps his arm around me so that the three of us can watch the fireworks together.

“Katie!” I hear Chloe squeal from mum and dads balcony as her and Dylan jump around watching the fireworks as mum and dad sit and watch from behind them.

Awww... I just wanna hug their kids too! You're interaction with them is perfect, I can really see them being this big happy family! And Beth and Tony are great too! And tomorrow (in the story) they are going to Disneyland! *Squee!* I can't wait for it Jackie, its all too cute for words!

Archived