We Belong Together

Guest Jackieleanne

^^No one can be Lucas hehe.

Heres the next chapter, enjoy. Thanks for the feedback and thanks Jess.

Chapter 31

The next morning I sat in Luca's arms in the living room eating some toast. We planned to go up to Yabbie Creek today and catch a movie, just the two of us spending some quality time with each other away from all the drama of Amanda.

"I'll get it" Luca says as he unwraps his arms from around me and stands up when there is a knock at the door.

"Mr and Mrs Holden?" the policeman at the door asks us.

"Yes" we both reply. I stand up and make my way to Lucas’ side wondering, what is going on and why there are policemen at our door.

"Mrs Holden we need you to come down to the station for questioning" the policeman tells us. He seems on edge, presumably aware that Jack is Lucas’ brother.

"What’s going on?" I hear Luca ask as the policeman takes my hand and leads me to his car while Lucas follows us, refusing to let me be alone.

"Jack what’s going on?" Luca asks as we make our way into the station with the officers. I look around and see that Tony, Robbie, Kit and Scott are already there.

"Amanda was murdered last night" Jack tells me. He seems stressed out, after all it his is family that they are bringing in for questioning.

"Where’s Mum?" I ask Tony as I sit down next to him.

"She's being questioned sweetheart, you will have to go in next but don't worry about a thing" Tony tells me as he wraps his arms around me.

"They think we did it?" I say shocked. Tony nods his head sadly as he rubs my back gently trying to calm me down as Luca walks over to us and takes a seat next to me.

"Matilda, if you could follow us please" Peter says as he emerges from the room moments after Mum had emerged. I stand up and start to make my way to the room Peter motioned to.

"What? You can't question her, she's pregnant, she hasn't done anything" Luca says jumping up in protest.

"We know she is bro’, but they will be careful with her I promise you" Jack says as I look over at him. "Peter can I come in with her? I think she needs a bit of support right now" Jack asks the Detective. He wasn't supposed to be involved in the questioning because he was family so I was shocked that he wanted to do this for me.

"I guess that should be OK" Peter tells Jack. I am glad that he let Jack come in with me, I needed support from my family right now. I don't think I would of been able to cope with the questioning alone.

"So Mrs Holden would you like to tell us what happened between you and Miss Vale at the Surf Club yesterday afternoon?" Peter asks me as I sit next to Jack in the interview. Jack takes my hand supportively.

"Well I was sat outside reading my magazine and having a drink while I waited for Lucas, Ric and Cassie to get there" I start before taking a deep breath, I feel Jack squeeze my hand, coaxing me to continue.

"Amanda came over to me and started to talk to me, I tried to ignore her but she kept on abusing Mum and me. She then threw my water on me, and I stood up and we started to argue. The next thing I know she had pushed me and I was on the floor" I say as I start to go over what had happened yesterday, trying not to cry as I went back over how I ended up in hospital.

"Right Mrs Holden and what happened then?" Peter asks me.

"Lucas came over to me he had seen what happened and then when Robbie got there we went to the hospital, it was awful we didn't know if anything had happened to the babies. Iim sorry" I cry as the tears start to fall from my eyes.

"Shhh Matilda its OK" Jack says wrapping his arms around me before looking over at Peter. "Peter I think we should stop now"

"OK thank you Mrs Holden, you may leave. Interview terminated at 10:35am" Peter says as he stops the tape, as Jack leads me out the door. As soon as we leave the room Lucas races over to me and takes me into his arms as I cry softly.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jess and everyone. Enjoy.

Chapter 32

We arrived back at Mum and Dad's house at about 11am. I followed Lucas over to the settee and placed myself between his legs while Mum and Tony made their way into the kitchen to make coffee for everyone.

"You OK Mattie?" Robbie asks me as he sits down opposite us.

"Yeah, it just got a bit much that’s all. I'm glad Jack came in with me" I say looking over at my brother-in-law. "Thanks for coming in Jack" I tell him.

"That’s what I am here for, you know that, you're my little sister so I got to look out for you" he says smiling as he sits down next to me and Lucas.

"They didn't ask you anything that they shouldn't did they baby?" Lucas asks me. I could tell he was worried about me and wanted to know why I had come out of the room crying.

"No honey, it’s just I had to tell them about last night and being in the state I’m in I got all emotional, you know what its like" I tell him softly as I lean back against him and rub my stomach.

"Yeah, I know baby I wish I could’ve come in with you" he whispers softly in my ear. "I love you.”

"I love you too" I smile.

"Please give it a rest you two" Kit says laughing. I look over at her and stick my tongue out, glad that the mood in the room had lightened.

An hour later I sat at the table next to Lucas and Jack as we ate lunch with Mum and Dad. We were trying to get on with our life as well as possible, after all it isn't one of us lot, it couldn't be. None of us would do that, none of us. We may not like Amanda but we are not capable of murder.

"Mattie sweetie you OK?" Mum asks me, I look up to see her staring at me.

"Oh yeah, sorry Mum, just zoned out" I say as I pick up my fork and stab it in the chicken when there is a knock at the door. Tony stands up and heads over to the door as the rest of us continue to eat.

"Peter what are you doing here?" I hear Tony ask. I turn my head to the door wondering why he is here.

"Beth I am afraid I need you to come back down to the station with me" Peter says. What? Why does he need to take Mum to the police station?

"What? Why? You questioned them already" I hear Tony say. I could tell by his voice that he was worried, Mum looks like she is about to break in front of me.

"I can't go into detail here but I am afraid you need to come with me to the station" Peter says as he walks over to Mum.

"Why do you need to take her? You can't possibly think she did it?" I scream as I watch Peter lead my Mum out the door.

Next chapter thanks Jess and everyone for the feedback.

Chapter 33

"Mum" I cry, tears streaming from my eyes rapidly as I watch the police car drive away. I feel Luca's arms wrap around my waist.

"Baby calm down please, don't get yourself worked up, you got to think about the babies. You can't get stressed, remember what Flynn said" he tells me softly as he holds me close to him.

"But how am I supposed to stay calm, my Mum’s been arrested for murder" I cry harder.

"Matilda we don't know what’s happened yet. Luca is right, getting worked up isn't going to help anyone, you need to stay calm for those little grandbabies of mine" Tony tells me although I can tell that he is breaking himself. What is it with the Holden men they always put others before themselves.

"Come on guys I’ll take you down to the station, we can wait there and see if we can find out what is going on" Jack says as he grabs his car keys from his pocket and heads towards the door. Luca takes my hand as we follow Jack and Tony out to the car. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the support of my husband and family right now.

I sat in the police station next to Lucas and Tony as we waited for news on Mum. On the way in, I had rang Scott and told him what was going on and that he needed to let the others know and come down to the station.

"Hey hey, whats going on?" I hear Scott shout as he runs into the police station followed by Robbie and Kit. I lift my head up off Lucas shoulder and stand up.

"We don't know they came to the house and" I start before I burst into tears once more. Scott wraps his arms around me and holds me tightly.

"They came to the house and Peter said that he needed to bring her in. We don't know what’s happening yet" Tony says. I can tell he is on the verge of tears, not knowing what is going on and knowing that any minute his wife and my mother could be put away for murder.

"I think I should ring Henry let him know what is going on" I say moments later once the tears had died down.

"Maybe you should wait Mattie, we don't want to ring him if it all turns out to be nothing" Robbie says to me. I can tell he’s trying to look on the bright side. My brothers had always tried to look out for me.

"He'd want to know Robbie, and seriously do you really think that nothing is going to happen? They wouldn't have brought her in here if they weren't going to do anything" I cry, breaking down once more as I run out of the police station.

"I'll go" I hear Kit tell Luca as she follows me outside.

Chapter 34

"Mattie" Kit says, sitting down beside me on the grass outside the station, wrapping her arms around me. "Mattie you know you have to stay strong right, we all have to be strong for Mum OK. You know she wouldn't want to see you so distressed; you have to think about the babies, you don't want them getting distressed now do you? You have to be strong" she whispers softly as I lean against her tears falling down my face.

"I'm trying Kit, I know I have to try and stay strong, but it’s so hard Kit. You know Mum isn't capable of murder, it wasn't her. She wouldn't do this but yet they have taken her in Kit, you know as well as I do that they think she did it otherwise they wouldn't have brought her back in" I say as I wipe at my eyes with my hand. I look at her and see that she is fighting back tears herself, but she is right. I’ve got to be strong, Mum wouldn't want me to get so worked up, she would want me to look after myself and the babies.

"Come on sis lets go back in" I say forcing a weak smile out of me, she takes my hand and helps me up off the grass.

"You OK baby?" Lucas asks me running over to me as soon as I step back into the station.

"Yeah, I’ll be OK" I sigh resting my head on his shoulder as he holds me.

"Why do they have to do this anyway? Surely you two were together last night when it happened?" Kit says to Tony as we sat in the station waiting to find out what was going on with Mum.

"That’s the thing Kit, she went for a walk by herself when we got home from the hospital with Matilda, she was gone for an hour" Tony says. I can tell he is distressed about what was happening. I was shocked to hear that Mum hadn't been with Tony all night, but I know my Mum. No matter how much she hated Amanda she wasn't capable of murder. I just hoped that the police could see that as well. I cuddle up closer to Luca as I rest my head against him and shut my eyes trying to forget about what was happening, just needing the comfort of feeling him so close to me.

It was half and hour later when Peter emerged from his office.

"Peter what’s going on?" Tony says jumping to his feet and running over to Peter. The rest of us stand up and make our way towards them, Luca holding my hand tightly knowing that I needed him more than ever, but Beth was also a Mum to him, and he was also hurting about all that was happening,

"We have arrested Beth for the murder of Amanda Vale, she will be up for bail in seven days but until then she must be kept in custody. Her trial will be held in three months time" Peter explains to us. I feel my knees go weak underneath me and Lucas arms wrap around me supporting me so I don't fall. He leads us over to the chairs and sits me down in the chair as I start to weep. I hold my head in my hands as I listened to the pleas of my family, I can't believe this is happening.

Chapter 35

"I'm going to take a bath" I say simply to Luca as we walked back into our house after arriving home from the police station. I just needed to be alone and clear my head and try and relax as much as possible.

"OK babe" he tells me, pulling me to him. He kisses me softly on the lips before letting me go so that I can proceed upstairs. I loved just the simplest of gestures from him, he always knew what I needed from him.

I lit the candles around the bath tub, before switching the lights off. I wanted to feel totally at ease as I stepped into my bubble bath. I rested my head on the edge of the bath my tied back hair over the edge, as I didn't want to get it wet, and let the soft sound of the music from my CD player fill the room as I listened to the tranquil sounds of the jazz CD that I was playing. It was one of Mum’s. Right now I just needed to relax as much as possible and try not to think of what was going on but that was a hard task. Your mother has been arrested for murder, how can you possibly not think about it. I just had to try to let the warmth or the bath, and the scent of lavender overcome me as I listened to the music playing softly in the background.

"Babe wake up" I hear Luca say, as I feel his soft fingers run over my face. I stir and realise that I am still in the bath. "You fell asleep honey. You’ve been in here for about two hours, I was getting worried" Luca said softly, kissing my forehead gently. It was moments like this that I cherished being waken up by my husband in such a loving way, I just wished it could come at a better time.

"Luca" I say as I let him help me out the bath and wrap the towel around me as he pulls me closer to him and starts to dry me.

"Yeah, babe?" he asks me.

"Make love to me" I say softly. Right now I needed to be closer to him than ever, I needed to feel his love for me in every way. I needed the comfort that he provided me with.

"Are you sure?" he asks me, looking softly looking into my eyes deeply as if he was searching for the answer within them,

"I'm sure I need you Luca, I love you" I tell him as I take his hand in my own as I let the towel fall to the floor and lead him to our bedroom.

Thanks Jess and everyone for the feedback. Short chapter but I wanted to get one out before I went to work.

Chapter 36

"No she didn't do it, it wasn't my Mum, you've got it all wrong!" I cry out screaming at the judge as I watch the policemen drag my mum away from the courtroom. "Mum no!" I scream leaping forward.

"Mattie shh it’s OK" I hear Luca say as he sits up beside me. I look around and see his naked body next to my own, rubbing my back softly as we sat up in bed. It had been a dream but the reality was it could be for real in a few months time. I could feel the tears start to form in my eyes. I tried hard to fight them falling, not wanting to cry again. It seemed like all I had done for the past few days was cry, I wanted to be happy again. Me and Lucas should be having the best time of our life now, looking forward to the arrival of our babies. Instead it was being ruined as the police wrongly accused my mother of murder. Lucas pulled me closer to him and held me in his arms. I laid my head on his shoulder and cried against his naked skin, he didn't say a word he just held me, after a while I could feel his own tears touch my bare back, I looked up at him and saw his tear stained eyes, he had tried hard to be strong for me, but it was hard for him too. He thought of my Mum as his own Mum. She had been there for him for a while and had been the only motherly role in his life. We didn't say a word to each other, just held each other as we cried together.

"Kids" I heard Tony say the next morning. I opened my eyes to see him stood at the front door.

"Hey we must’ve fallen asleep" I say as I notice that I am lay in Lucas arms on the settee. Dad walks in and takes a seat on the chair beside us as Lucas stirs beside me.

"What are you kids doing down here? You couldn't have got much sleep" he says to us, concerned.

"Mattie had a nightmare, and we couldn't get back to sleep so we came down here. We must’ve eventually worn ourselves out and fell back asleep" Luca says rubbing his eyes.

"How did you sleep Dad?" I ask him as I cuddle against Lucas. I know that although he was concerned about us, he had more than likely not had any sleep either, but he was like Mum, always putting his concern for us before himself.

"Not great, it was awful not sleeping with her beside me, knowing that she is locked away in some cold cell for something she did not do" he says as he puts his head in his hands. I can see he is about to break down in front of us, and that is something I’ve never seen him do.

"Dad, it'll be OK, we are going to sort something out. We will make them see that she is not capable of this, we will get her out" Luca says as he walks over to his Dad and wraps his arms around him. Again Lucas was trying to be the strong one for both of us. We knew my mother wasn't capable of murder, we just had to make the police see that.

Chapter 37

"Mattie, you there?" Luca says, waving his hand in front of my face. I ignored him as I continued to play all the possibilities of who could of murdered Amanda and set my Mum up over in my head. "Mattie, earth to Mattie" Luca says continuing to wave his hand in front of my face, that is when it suddenly came to me.

"That’s it!" I blurt out.

"That’s what?" Lucas and Tony both ask me confused.

"The person who killed Amanda might not be from the Bay. She didn't exactly have a lot of friends, she made a lot of enemies over her relationship with Josh, and she had all the problems over those hit men back when she was with Scott. Amanda had a lot of enemies so why are the police only concentrating on the Bay? I mean even her daughter hated her" I explain to them.

"She’s right you know" Tony says contemplating the situation in his head.

"Well come on then, let’s get to the station and tell them that then. We’ve got to do something to get her out of there" Lucas says as he jumps up off the settee, before helping me up as we follow Tony out of the door.

"Jack, Jack we got it!" Dad says out of breath as he sprints over to Jack’s desk in the station. Lucas and I make our way behind him - I can't exactly run in my current situation.

"Got what?" Jack asks us puzzled.

"The killer might not be in the Bay, Amanda had a lot of enemies remember all the hit men after her when she was going out with Scott, she made a lot of enemies over her relationship with Josh West and Project 56 and even her own daughter hated her" I explain to him.

"That's a good point Matilda, I’ll be right back, just let me go and talk to Peter about it" he says standing up and walking over to Peter’s office, as me, Lucas and Tony take a seat. Peter's got to listen to what we have just told Jack surely. I'm surprised they didn't explore that option in the first place, we are not the only family who didn't like Amanda Vale.

"Peter, Jack what’s happening?" I ask the moment they emerge from Peter’s office.

"We are going to restart the investigation process and explore all possibilities" Peter tells us. I look at him he looks annoyed, more than likely at himself for not looking into things more carefully before they arrested my Mum.

"What about Mum?" I ask him awaiting his reply, hoping for some good news to come out of all of this.

Thanks for the feedback everyone heres the next chapter.

Chapter 38

"Well we will be releasing Beth while the investigation continues, although she will have to call into the station once a day" Peter tells us. They're letting her out, I can't believe this I can't possibly describe how I am feeling right now. All I want to do is see my Mum and never let her go,.

"You’re letting her come home!" Dad exclaims. I can tell how happy he is about this, he loves Mum so much. I don't know what my life would be like if Tony, Jack and Lucas hadn't moved in next door. I gained a Dad, a brother and a husband from one family.

"When can we see her?" I ask Jack.

"Well she will be released this afternoon, you should go home with Lucas and wait for her there while Dad goes and collects her" Jack says.

"Can't we go with Dad?" I ask him.

"Yeah, but it’s probably best if you go home and relax. You’re tired and you need to sleep - go take a nap before she gets home" Jack tells me. It’s amazing how alike Jack, Lucas and Tony are, all three of their hearts are so big, they are always looking out for you.

"Jack's right Mattie, lets get you home and in bed" Lucas says taking my hand.

"Why don't you go wait back at ours and we can wake you up when we get home" Dad says as he hands Lucas the keys to the house.

"Thanks" I say smiling as I wrap my arms around him.

"No problem" he says hugging me before he lets go and looks towards Lucas.

"Make sure she gets some rest" he tells Lucas.

"I will Dad, don't worry" Lucas tells him, wrapping his arm around my back and leading me out the door.

"Oh my God that’s Henry's car!" I say as we pull into the driveway. As soon as the car comes to a stop I open the passenger door, climbing out. "Henry" I call out as I see him stood by the door.

"Tilly" he says running over to me and embracing me. I can feel tears start to fall down my face, the emotions of the past few days overcoming me. But now they were happy tears. Tears for my Mum being freed, tears for seeing my brother for the first time in what seemed like forever.

"They've let her out Henry, she’s coming home this afternoon" I cry happily when I realised he wouldn't know that they were releasing her.

"Thank God, I can't wait to see her. I came home straight away as soon as Scott rang me last night" he says pulling apart from me. "Look at you, you're glowing" Henry says as he looks at me, taking in my heavily rounded stomach. He hasn't seen me since the wedding, everything was a new sight to him.

"Yeah, its good to see that glow in you again honey, I didn't think I'd see it in you again for a while" Lucas says as he opens the door.

Hearing the door close my eyes flutter open and I realise my Mum must be home. I look up and see Lucas smiling down at me, he kisses my forehead softly before releasing his arms from around me. I look towards the door and see my Mum stood with Tony and Henry. It never felt so good to see her.

"Mum" I cry standing up and walking over to her.

"Oh Mattie, shhh it’s OK now I'm home" she cries as she wraps her arms around me as we cry in each others arms.

Ok here it is. Thanks Jess and everyone for the feedback.

Chapter 39

"Henry why don't you stay at ours tonight, give Mum and Dad some privacy" I say as the whole family sat around the living room. I was glad to have Mum home and Henry back in town, it was like the whole family was back together again.

"And put up with the two of you all night, I’ll never get any sleep with the noise that you two make" Henry says laughing.

"Please little bro I do not want to imagine my baby sister’s sex life" Robbie says groaning.

"We are not that bad and anyway I'm married, its allowed" I say blushing.

"Matilda really, Henry can stay in your old room. It’s shut off from the rest of the house anyway so that way everyone can have their privacy. I'm sure you and Lucas need just as much time to yourselves as me and Tony do" Mum says to me.

"OK Mum if you’re sure" I say smiling softly.

"So how long are you staying Henry?" Scott asks.

"Well to be honest I was thinking about moving back here" Henry tells us.

"Really!" I squeal excitedly.

"Yes sis, I want to be close to all my nieces and nephews" he tells me.

"It'll be good to have you back" Kit says.

"Owww" I groan moving my hand to my stomach, interrupting the conversation in the room.

"What baby are you OK?" Lucas asks his face full of concern for me.

"The babies are kicking, quick Lucas" I say taking his hand and placing it on my stomach. After a moment, I feel another hard kick and look to my left so I was looking in Lucas eyes.

"Wow that was amazing" he says softly tears glistening in his eyes, as everyone else crowds round us hoping to feel the babies.

"Here dad come on" Lucas says bringing his Dad to have a feel, both of us knowing that this is his first biological grandchild, how much it will mean to him.

It was a couple of hours later when me and Lucas made it home, I made my way over to the settee and sat down sighing to myself.

"Hard work honey?" Lucas says laughing as I watch him walk into the kitchen.

"Babe come here" I say motioning for him to come and sit down next to me.

"OK" he says confused as he comes and takes a seat next to me.

"I love you" I whisper seductively in his ear, leaning closer to him.

"I love you too baby" he says smiling as he obviously realises what I am aiming to do, he leans in closer to me capturing my lips with his own.

"Mmm maybe we should move to the bedroom" he moans against my lips a moment later.

"Why? Here’s just as good, no one will disturb us" I whisper to him before kissing him again.

Chapter 40

Within minutes I found myself squirming on the settee as Lucas leaned over me kissing me passionately as items of clothing got thrown down on the floor. I was soon lying under him in only my thong as he kissed down my neck. I looked at my husband as he leaned on his elbows above me not wanting to put all his weight on me, his gorgeous toned and tanned body glistening as sweat started to form on his bare body, which was now only covered by his boxers. I close my eyes as he continues to work wonders with his lips.

"Mmm hmmm" I hear the mutters coming from the door. Oh God who is it? Lucas covers me as I carefully reach out for his t shirt, and put it on, as I blush with embarrassment.

"Brother you two have the worst timing" Lucas says to his brother as he picks his shorts up from the floor.

"Well it’s only mid afternoon, who were we to know we would be interrupting anything?" Martha says laughing as she walks in and sits down on the chair.

"Well its our house we expect some minutes of privacy" Lucas laughs before he turns to me. "Awww babe don't be embarrassed, it’s our house" Lucas says.

"That’s OK for you to say, your brother has just seen me in barely nothing" I groan.

"So anyways bro, what did you come to speak to us about?" Lucas says as he brings in the coffee, handing a mug to both Jack and Martha before taking one for himself while he hands me my water. God I can't wait to get off the water and back on the coffee, I missed my caffeine fix.

"Well we wanted to tell you some good news. We were going to tell you the other day, but with everything that’s gone on its not been the right time" Jack says, taking Martha’s hand as he motions for her to continue, while me and Lucas watch them closely, eagerly awaiting their news.

"Well me and Jack are going to have a baby, I’m pregnant" Martha says as her and Jack smile at us, huge smiles plastered on their faces.

"Oh my God" I squeal. I am about to stand up to hug her and then realise I am still only in my thong and Lucas shirt. "Come here girl, I don't want to be baring myself in front of your husband again" I say smiling, as Lucas stands up to congratulate his brother.

"Four Holden babies for Dad to be proud of" I hear Lucas say to his brother as Martha sits down next to me and hugs me.

Archived