We Belong Together

Guest Jackieleanne

Im on a roll right now so I thought I best continue writing. So here is chapter 11 thanks for the feedback its much appreciated.

Chapter 11

"Really Luca i'm pregnant not an invalid" I say as he keeps a tight hold of me and walks me over to the setee,

"I know hunny but you need to be careful, I don't want to take any chances" he says as he helps me sit down,

"Luca slow down, Im feeling much better now" I tell him as he rushes up the stairs, I laugh as I watch him, seriously I love him to bits but if he is going to be like this for the next seven months its going to drive me insane.

"Here you go baby, let me know if you need anything" he says moments later as he returns with pillows and a blanket,

"Luca" I say,

"What is it?" he asks as he straightens the pillows out for me to lean against,

"will you just please sit down with me, all I need right now is my husband to hold me" I tell him montioning for him to sit down next to me.

"Sorry baby I guess Im overreacting a bit aren't I" he says as he sits down next to me and pulls me to him,

"Yea baby I am fine really I am feeling much better today and like Flynn said i'm fine if I hadn't of been they wouldn't have released me" I say to him,

"Yea I know babe I just worry about you, and I still can't believe that you have our baby growing inside of you" he tells me I look up to see him smiling down at me,

"I know" I say softly my eyes fixated on his own, enchanted by them, he leans down until his lips reach my own and kisses me softly.

Later that afternoon we make our way over to our parents house, the door is already open so we step inside,

"Mum, dad" I shout out to them,

"Hey how are you feeling, sit down" mum says rushing in from the bedroom,

"Im feeling a lot better now thanks mum" I say as I sit down next to Luca,

"Hey kids, is everything ok now?" Tony asks as he makes his way in from the back of the house,

"Yea I'm fine now thanks" I say as Luca wraps his arm around me.

"So what did Flynn say the test results showed?" mum asks me,

"oh he just said that she had drank to much on an empty stomach" Luca quickly says for me,

"Matilda sweetie you really need to look after yourself more you had us all worried" my mum tells me,

"yes mum I know I'm sorry" I say sighing, if only they knew the real reason, I'm not really sure how they would take it I mean we are still young but I guess Robbie and Tasha were the same age as us and they were fine about that, but I know that me and Luca are there babies, they're youngest children that they have always been more protective of the pair of us, than mum has with the others and than Tony was with Jack.

"So when are we going to tell mum and dad" Luca asks me in bed that night,

"I think we should leave it another month yet, its supposed to be badluck to tell anyone before then, besides it can be our little secret together for a while" I reply,

"yea apart from Flynn" he says as he kisses my forehead "so have you decided what to do about uni babe?" he asks me,

"not really thought about it yet, I guess ill have to sleep on it and keep thinking about it I mean its a pretty tough decision to make" I tell him as he wraps his arms around me pulling me closer to him,

"I love you Mattie" he says,

"I love you too Luca always" I reply yawning,

"sweetdreams babe" he says laughing softly running through my hairs,

"night" I reply quietly as I feel my eyes start to shut, and I fall into a peaceful sleep in his arms.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the feedback I've been getting I am really pleased that everyone is enjoying this fic. I can't stop writing at the moment so thought id post chapter 12.

Chapter 12

I roll over in bed the next morning, and rub my eyes softly I look over at the clock and see that it is only 6 o'clock, god its far to early why can't I get some sleep. I throw the quilt off me and climb out of bed, picking up my dressing gown from where it was drapped over the chair by my dresser, I slip it on trying not to make a noise so that I don't disturb Luca who is still sleeping peacefully beside me he looks so cute, I kiss him softly on the cheek before making my way out the door and downstairs. I make my way into the kitchen putting the kettle on hoping that a coffea can wake me up a bit and hopefully settle my stomach, I can't wait untill I am out of this stage of the pregnancy its going to be hell, I don't know how I am going to manage keeping it from everyone for the next month. The kettle boiling snaps me back to reality I walk back over to it but just as I am about to pour myself a mug, a wave of nausea rushes over me and I find myself rushing to the bathroom. I finally get my coffea ten minutes later and sit down on the setee puting my feet up as I take a sip of my coffea, I start to think about what Luca said lastnight, I really have to make a decision about what to do about University, I was due to start the second year of my course in a few weeks time, it would be two months from finishing when the baby would be due would I beable to cope staying on for the year and what would the university let me do for a start, my other option would be to take the year out and start back next year once the baby is a few months old maybe that would be the best option, if I did that I could probably get a few more shifts in at Noahs afterall we are going to need more money coming in its a goodjob our parents braught the house we would never beable to afford to pay off a mortgage.

"Baby wake up" I hear Luca says as I feel him shake me softly,

"huh" I mumble while keeping my eyes shut,

"when did you come down here baby, I woke up and you wasn't next to me I was worried" he says, I open my eyes and realise that I am on the couch, I realised that I must of fallen asleep down here after I had come downstairs to have my coffea,

"I couldn't sleep baby so I came downstairs, I guess I ended up falling asleep" I say rubbing my eyes as I sit up.

"You're stomach bothering you again?" he asks me,

"Yea it was doing flipflops all night" I say softly he sits down next to me pulling me closer to him, as he starts to rub my stomach softly,

"that feel better babe" he asks me, I lean back nodding my head as he continues to rub my stomach slowly, it felt so good.

"You come to a decision about what to do about university yet babe?" Luca asks me later that morning as we sit eating breakfast,

"Yea baby I think maybe I should take this year off and start this years course next year by then our baby should be a five old and we could get someone to babysit where as if I was to go back for this year I would be having the baby half way through the course" I tell him,

"I think thats the best idea baby, you'll have to see the tutor about it see what he says about it" he says,

"yea I know we will go in later in the week, but it is the best idea plus it means I can get some more shifts at the bar because we are going to need all the income we can get" I tell him softly,

"hey don't worry about a thing baby, we will sort everything out the main thing is that you keep yourself healthy and that we are going to be parents in seven months time" he tells me taking my hand in his from accross the table, he was always making me feel better,he was always putting my wellbeing first.

Later that night we sat around the table over at Jack and Marthas with Cassie and Ric I really hope they haven't noticed anything wrong and wonder why I haven't touched a drop of wine yet.

"Matilda you ok?" I hear Martha ask me,

"huh" I mumble as I snap back out of reality, "sorry I was in my own little world" I say

"do you want a glass of wine? You haven't had one yet" Jack asks me,

"no I'm ok thanks Jack" I say I just know that Cassie and Martha are going to start talking about this as I see the puzzled looks on their faces,

"Mattie you sure you ok you hardly ever refuse a glass of wine?" Cassie asks me Martha nods her head in agreement, I pause I really don't know how to get out of this one.

"She just still isn't feeling up to it you know, Flynn says that it could take a couple of days for her to get better" I hear Luca saying for me, thankgod he thought to say something otherwise I am sure they would have put two and two together when I didn't speak,

"Ok then, well anyways lets watch the movie" Ric says changing the subject, I am going to have to thank him for that later.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone I am really glad that you are all enjoying it, keep it coming. :P Anyways heres chapter 13.

Chapter 13

A week had passed and we had still managed to keep it a secret from everyone, the only people who knew were Flynn, my tutor and the University Dean. Me and Luca had just been there now it had gone good, I am suprised how supportive they were and we discussed both options with them, and in the end we decided it would be best if I was to do the second year of my course next year. After taking the car home we had decided to head for the beach while it was a nice day.

"Luca you can't tell yet can you I mean what if we see anyone and they notice that I am looking bigger" I say as I put my skirt on over my bikini, while looking at myself in the mirror,

"baby you look fine, you are hardly showing yet, no one will notice" Luca says as he wraps his arm around me, "now come on lets get going" he says as he grabs our towels, I pick up my bag and then take his hand in my own.

"It went well didn't it babe, I am glad that we managed to get it sorted and you can get plenty rest before the baby is born you won't be stressing about uni work or exams" Luca says as we walk along the path towards the beach,

"Yea we are going to have to tell mum and dad in a few weeks though otherwise they are going to wonder why I am not going to uni, plus I need to ask them about having a few extra shifts" I reply

"yea it will be fine though baby like I said we don't need to worry we are going to be fine" he says trying to reasure me,

"thanks Luca I love .." I start "wow" I sigh clutching my stomach, as I stumble back within a second Luca's arms are around me,

"hey watch were your going" I hear Luca scream at the guy who had just come flying round the corner and straight into me, "hunny are you ok?" he asks me the tone in his voice showing his worry for me and the baby as I struggle to catch my breath, Luca reaches for my inhaler and hands it to me, I take two puffs from before I finally get my breath back,

"Yea I think so" I finally say, my hands still clasped around my stomach,

"Maybe we should go to the hospital just to makesure" Luca says I can tell hes trying to hide his worry from me, I nod my head slowly as we turn back around and head for home so that we can get the car to go to the hospital, I hope everythings ok I'm scared to death right now that something is wrong with the baby I just don't want to tell Luca that, although hes probably latched on from the death grip I have on his hand.

"Matilda, Lucas what are you doing here" Flynn asks as we arrive at the front desk of the hospital,

"Someguy ran into Matilda and knocked the wind out of her we just need to know if the baby is ok" Luca tells him,

"I've got a minute so I'll take a look, right this way" he says, Luca keeps hold of my hand as we follow Flynn to a free room.

Ten minutes later I am lay on the bed, Luca is stood beside me holding my hand as Flynn continues his tests, I sigh at the coldness of the stephoscope on my bare skin, my mind is overrun by thoughts of what I would do if anything was wrong with our baby we had been so happy since we found out, I don't want that to be taken away from us.

"Is everything ok?" I ask Flynn as he puts away his equipment,

"Yea everything seems fine guys" he says, I feel really stupid now, wasting his time over this,

"sorry for bothering you, we were just really scared something had happened" I tell him,

"no need to be sorry about anything, it is better to come and get things checked out just to makesure" he says "you come and see me whenever you notice anything that doesn't feel right ok" he adds I nod my head at him, before he starts to look through my notes, "You can get going now guys, but before you go we can make you an appointment for your ultrasound if you want" he tells us.

"That would be great Flynn" Luca says smiling as he helps me down from the bed,

"Right well just go to the front desk and the receptionist will sort everything out for you, i will see you both later" he says as he walks out of the room.

"Matilda, Lucas" I hear Kit say as we head out of the room a few minutes later,

"Kit what are you doing here" I stutter as I look up to see her and Kim infront of us,

"I could ask you the same thing, we are here for our ultrasound" she says,

"So what about you two?" Kim asks us as he keeps hold of Kits arm, how am I going to get out of this one, she is going to know something is up and she is going to tell mum.

"Ohh some guy ran into Matilda and knocked the wind out of her, she started to have an asthma attack so we braught her in just to get her checked over make sure everything was ok" Luca says quickly, thankgod he found his voice because I couldn't speak right now,

"You ok?" Kit asks putting her hand on my shoulder,

"Yea i'm fine now anyways we can't stay we got to rush, goodluck with the ultrasound" I say quickly, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible,

"Bye" Kit and Kim both say to us as I head towards the exit, god Kit is surely going to kjnow that I am keeping something from them.

"Something is going on Kim, I know my sister she was on edge" Kit says as she watched her little sister rush through the exit to the hospital, dragging Luca behind her,

"Yea I think your right they both seemed a little weird to me" Kim said smiling down at his wife.

Hey guys thanks for the great feedback that I have received from everyone. Heres the next chapter for you all.

Chapter 14

"Matilda are you ok?" I hear my mum shout out to me as I walk into Noah's Bar the next thing I know she has me in her arms,

"Yea I'm fine mum why?" I ask her but I am pretty sure that my reply will be that Kit told her that I was in the hospital and she will know something is wrong,

"Kit told me about what happened sweetie how come you didn't tell me" Mum said concerned, I really hope that Kit hasn't been putting ideas in her head I want to tell her by myself,

"It didn't occur to me to tell you mum, it was just an asthma attack when someguy pushed me, Luca was just being overly concerned weren't you hunny" I say quickly hinting at Luca to back me up,

"Yea sorry to worry everyone I was just scared I panicked" he says as he wraps his arms around me as we sit down.

"So what do you kids want to drink? I'm paying" Tony asks us,

"A beer dad" Luca says,

"What about you Matilda" Tony asks me,

"Just a lemonade thanks" I tell him hoping that he won't ask me any questions, as I take Luca's hand and make my way over to where Kit and Kim are sat.

"How come you not having a proper drink Mattie" Kit asks me as we are sat talking that night, god why does she have to ask me all these questions,

"I don't have to have a drink everytime I go out do I, I thought you would understand that" I snap, oh god I didn't just say that, it was totally out of order, "Kit I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that I'm just not feeling to great" I say feeling sick to my stomach at snapping at my sister like that, tears start to well up in my eyes, I can't let anyone see me like this I quickly stand up and head towards the toilets,

"Mattie" I hear Lucas shout,

Kit's P.O.V

"It's ok I'll go" I tell Luca standing up and heading towards the bathroom wanting to find out what was wrong with her, I know she wouldn't say anything like that intentionally to hurt me, hell its my fault I shouldn't of been pushing her to let me know whats going on.

"Mattie its me are you ok" I say knocking on the cubical door "Mattie" I say again as I hear her being sick, a moment later the toilet door opens and she falls into my arms crying "Tilly what's wrong your worrying me" I plead with her to tell me what is wrong I hate seeing her like this she's my baby sister I can feel the tears start to fall from my own eyes damn these pregnant hormones.

"Kit I'm pregnant" she cries holding onto me tightly, oh my god.

Matilda's P.O.V

"Kit I'm pregnant" I cry, holding onto her tightly oh god I can't believe I just told her, now whats she going to think,

"Oh my god sis, that's great" she tells me rubbing my back softly well as far as her arms could reach seeming I was quite far away from her her our pregnant stomachs getting in the way,

"really?" I ask,

"Yea sis why aren't you happy" she asks me pulling away from me,

"Yea I am we just wanted to keep things quiet until I was at my three month date" I say bursting into tears, two pregnant sisters crying together wasn't a good mix at all I really hope no one walks in they will wonder what on earth is going on.

"Emm girls does someone want to tell me what is going on" I hear mum say, oh no how much of the conversation has she just heard, what am I going to tell her.

Thanks for the feedback everyone I am so glad that you are enjoying it. Here is the next part.

Chapter 15

"So Matilda, Kit which one of you is going to tell me what is going on?" Mum asks us I can tell by the tone in her voice that she is serious and I am not sure how I am going to get out of this one,

"Oh mum you know what its like I'm just hormonal" Kit said trying as hard as she could to cover for me,

"Yes but what is Matilda's excuse and you had right to speak to your sister how you did earlier young lady" She says looking at me, she is really angry with me about what I said I can tell and I don't blame her it was wrong of me,

"Yes mum I've apologised I didn't mean it I don't know what came over me" I say looking down at the floor ashamed at myself for how I spoke to her,

"Well maybe you should think next time Matilda" she tells me,

"Mum please its ok its sorted just drop it ok" Kit pleads with mum,

"No Kit I won't drop it she shouldn't of said that" mum says her voice raising with every sentence she spoke, I couldn't take it nomore, I had to get out of there, the next thing I know I have run past my mum and out the door,

"Mattie" I hear Luca yell as I run past everyone and out of the Surf Club.

Lucas P.O.V

"Mattie!" I shout after her as she runs past me in hysterics, the sight breaks my heart my pregnant wife in such a distressed state I needed to get to her, to hold her, to reassure her that everything would be ok.

"I best go cya later" I tell dad, Jack and Martha as I get up and quickly make my way out of the surf club, "Matilda" I shout hoping that she hasn't got to far, I head down towards the beach and see her knelt down in the sand sobbing uncontrolably, I can't stand to see her like that. I pick up my pace and rush over to her "Oh baby it will be ok, everything will be ok" I tell her as I kneel down beside her taking her in my arm, she turns to face me and clings to me burying her head in my chest as she cries, her tears falling down my shirt.

"Mum hates me Luca, and I don't blame her I can't believe I spoke to her like that shes my sister" I hear her muffled cry,

"shhh you didn't mean it baby and I am sure Kit knows that and your mum she doesn't hate you shes just upset right now" I say softly stroking her hair as I rock back and forth gently trying to calm her down,

"Kit knows Luca I had to tell her" she says her voice quivering,

"don't worry baby if its what you want we can go and tell them now, or we can head home its up to you" I tell her lifting her face so that it meets my own, I stir into her tear stained eyes,

"Maybe its best if we just go home for now I just want to go to sleep" she says, I nod my head and wipe her tears away softly with my hand.

Matildas P.O.V

"Luca" I whisper as we lye in bed half an hour later,

"What baby" he whispers looking over at me,

"thanks for making me feel better about everything" I tell him as I look into his ocean blue eyes my heart melting,

"that ok babe, you know I am always here for you its my job I will do anything for you, you know that right" he says as he pulls me closer to him,

"yea I do" I sigh closing my eyes as I enjoy the feel of his arms around me, holding me close to him, so close that I can feel his heart beating.

"I love you Luca" I say softly,

"I love you too baby goodnight sleeptight my two favourate girls" he says as I feel one of his hands move so that it rests on my stomach,

"girl huh who says its a girl?" I ask him giggling softly,

"I just think it is, and she will be a beautiful girl and take just after her mum" he tells me,

"Well if its a boy hes going to take after his dad" I say

"Ok sweetie, anyways goodnight baby I love you" he tells me softly,

"I love you too, goodnight" I say I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband he means the world to me, I can't wait until our baby is born, boy or girl we will be the perfect family.

Thanks for all the feedback its much appreciated.

Chapter 16

"Luca" I say the next morning as I walk down the stairs the next morning to see him making breakfast,

"Yea babe?" he asks looking over his shoulder,

"I think that we should go and see mum and dad today, and tell them whats going on" I say as I sit down at the table "Its stressing me out having to keep on come up with excuses I don't know how long I can carry on pretending nothing is wrong when I feel sick to my stomach" I say putting my head in my hands,

"then we will go and tell them today baby, I don't want you stressing out about anything" he says as he walks over and places the food infront of me, suddenly I don't feel so great and find myself running to the bathroom.

"Mattie you ok" I hear Luca ask me I don't reply as I am sick once more, I feel his hand on his back as he crouches down beside me, he rubs my back up and down slowly after a few minutes I sit back up when my stomach starts to settle "do you think you can eat something now babe?" he asks me as he stands up,

"I don't think so hunny I really don't think I can keep anything down" I tell him as I take his hand and let him help me up,

"Try your best to eat something hunny you need to keep your strength up" he says.

After breakfast me and Luca made our way over to our parents house, I kept a tight hold of Luca's hand as we walked I was terrified of how to tell them of how they would react, if my mum would still be mad at me for how I spoke to Kit lastnight.

"Mattie do you think you could loosen your grip a little your going to cut off my circulation" Lucas says laughing,

"Sorry hunny" I say as I snapping back to reality and loosening my grip on his hand,"but you know you are going to have to get used to me gripping your hand tighter than that" I tell him,

"Oh am I really" he laughs,

"Well yes seeming I am going to be in far worse pain than you I think you deserve to feel atleast a little pain" I say smiling he wraps his arm around my back as we head closer to the house.

"Dad, mum" Luca and I say as we stand at the open door of the house,

"hey kids come on in" Tony says as he emerges from the kitchen my mum walks out from behind him,

"I'm really sorry for lastnight mum I shouldn't of said that to Kit" I tell her,

"I know sweetie I'm sorry for overreacting aslong as you and kit both sorted everything out" Mum tells me, it felt like such a relief to know that she was no longer mad at me, it had kept me awake most of the night as I couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Well anyways me and Matilda came to tell you something" Luca says as he takes a seat at the table, I sit down next to him and wait for Tony and mum to take a seat opposite us,

"Ok what is it you need to tell us" Mum asks us as she looks from me to Luca

"Well mum, dad me and Luca we are" I start but stop unable to get the words out my legs shaking under the table, I tell myself, Luca reaches for my hand and squeezes it gently,

"You and Luca are what?" Tony asks us as he and mum continue to stare at us wondering what is going on,

"Me and Matilda are going to have a baby" Luca says, they stare at us open mouthed from what Luca has just told them, god say something please just let us know what you are thinking, please be ok with this.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sorry its so short.

Chapter 17

Lucas P.O.V

"Me and Matilda are going to have a baby" I say when Matilda fails to get it out, she is shaking I hold her hand tightly as we await what they are going to say to us, it is impossible to tell what they are feeling right now from the blank open mouthed expressions that are drawn on their faces I can only hope that they take this well for Matilda's sake more than anything.

"Well" I say trying to edge a reaction out of them when they fail to say anything,

"Oh my god baby come here" Beth says tears starting to fall down her eyes as she stands up and holds her arms out for Matilda, I let her hand go so that she can go to her mum and watch as she wraps her arms around her mum and holds her tightly, her mum is whispering something in her ears as I feel my dads arms pull me into a hug,

"Congratulations son I am so happy for you both" he says to me patting me on the back,

"thanks dad I am so happy that you are pleased about this, we wasn't sure how you would react" I say to him as I pull back from the hug,

"well its big news son but you are married and love each other we will be around to help me through it, your giving me a grandchild offcourse I'm happy" he says smiling at me, I know that it means a lot to him, although he considers, Scott, Kim and Robbie like his own children he has always been closer to Matilda since he has been such a huge part of her life for the last four years and this will be his first biological grandchild.

"Congratulations Mattie" I hear him say as I watch him pull her into his arms,

"Congratulations Luca I am so happy for you both, you look after my little girl ok" Beth says walking over to me,

"Thanks and I will you know that" I tell her as I wrap my arms around her, she has played such a huge roll in my life, she is not just my wifes mum but my step mum and she has helped me so much since she came into my life I will always be grateful to her.

Matildas P.O.V

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I am so happy that they are pleased about this we need their support so much over the coming months, I don't know what I would do if they hadn't been happy it would have torn me apart.

"So what are you going to do about uni" mum asks me as we all sat in the living room talking about the baby,

"we have been and spoke to the lecturer mum, and I am going to take this year out and sit my second year next year, Luca is going to finish this year off" I tell her

"that sounds like the best idea sweets" she tells me softly as she smiles warmly,

"Yea is there any extra shifts going at the surf club for now mum because we are going to need all the money we can get" I say to her hoping that she will beable to help me out by getting me the shifts I need,

"Yes sweets, but you know aswell that if you are short of money that me and Tony are here to help" Mum says as Tony nods his head in agreement,

"Thanks but we will be ok, we will work this out, its a good job you got us a house as a wedding present atleast we don't got to pay a mortgage" Luca says as he wraps his arm around me "Your glowing baby" he whispers to me as he kisses me on the forehead.

Finally I am able to get round to posting the next part. Thanks for all the great feedback.

Chapter 18

A few weeks later I sat at the table with Lucas having breakfast, before he had to leave for uni for the day, I picked at my food unable to eat anything because of the queasiness I felt in the pit of my stomach.

"Baby you really need to eat you have to keep your strength up" he says once more, he has been telling me the same thing for the past week, I really can't help it if I can't keep my food down,

"Luca really I've told you it isn't my fault I don't feel like eating I feel sick to my stomach and anything I do eat just ends up being thrown up" I snap a little to harshly,

"Ok but you do know I'm only worried about you, you have a baby inside you please take care of yourself" he tells me as he stares at me,

"Oh so you think I don't care about our baby now do you" I yell as I get up from my seat running upstairs and slamming the door behind me and listen as I hear his car pull out the driveway I slump to the floor tears falling down my face. I can't believe that just happened I really shouldn't of snapped at him hes only worried about me and the baby and I have to be such a cow that I go and spoil it all.

"Matilda you ok hunny you don't look good" Mum asks concerned a few hours later as I shop up for my shift at Noah's bar, here we go again do people really think I can't take care of myself

"Yes mum I am fine, I can take care of myself" I say plastering a fake smile onto my face, I really did not want to have to tell her about my fight with Luca earlier today,

"well remember hunny sit down when you need a break and get something to eat whenever you need to you have to keep your strength up" she tells me as she continues to look at me with concern,

"yes mum I will" I say sighing why does everyone insist on mothering me I am fine.

"Matilda are you ok you don't look so good" I can hear Tony ask me, but my vision is blurry and I can't see him that well,

"huh yea" I say not wanting to worry him, it would pass in a minute I just need some water, I start to walk over to the sink but feel my legs go weak underneath me.

Tony's P.O.V

"Matilda" I scream rushing over to her as I see her fall to the floor behind the counter, "Mattie sweetie its me Tony can you hear me" I say softly to hear, dear god what am I going to do my pregnant daughter in law and stepdaughter is lying on the floor knocked out cold blood running from her head where she hit it on the counter when she fell, please let her be ok, how am I going to tell Beth how am I going to tell Luca.

"Yes an ambulance please to the surf club its urgent" I hear alf say into the telephone before he hangs up and kneels down beside me,

"Matilda its alf can you hear me" Alf says to hear, she fails to answer as she lay on the ground infront of me motionless thankgod she had a pulse and is breathing I don't know what I would do if she wasnt.

"Oh my god Mattie what happened" I hear Jack shout as he enters Noah's bar, thankgod he is here

"she passed out and hit her head, can you ring your brother and Beth" I ask him, as he goes to grab his cellphone the paramedics arrive and rush over, "tell them to go to the hospital ill go with her in the ambulance" I tell Jack as I watch the paramedics carefully lay Matilda on the stretcher.

Lucas P.O.V

She still hasn't rang me I had hoped that I would have heard from her before she had to go to work, I hated leaving her like that after we argued, I was just worried about her why can't she understand that I am just looking out for her best interests. I look down at my phone as the screen starts to flash what is my brother doing ringing me he knows that I'm at Uni,

"Hey whats up bro" I say as I answer the phone,

"Luca you got to get to the hospital quick" he says I can tell by his voice that something is wrong oh my god Matilda whats happened,

"Jack what is it whats going on Matilda is she ok" I manage to get out through my panic,

"shes unconscious she fell and hit her head Dad is on the way to the hospital with her in the ambulance now" he says, oh my god what has happened to her, I need to get to her I hope to god her and the baby are ok what am I going to do.

Thanks for the feedback everyone and thanks to Jeh-Jeh my fab proof reader.

Chapter 19

"Tony" I mumble when I find him sat beside me holding onto my hand, he looks up at me before buzzing for the nurse.

"Hey sweetie good to see you awake. Do you feel OK?" he asks me as he stands up and moves closer to my side.

"My head hurts. What happened? Is the baby OK? Where's Luca?" The questions flow freely from my mouth as all my worries overcome me.

"You collapsed and banged your head honey, they are pretty sure that everything is fine with the baby but they need to do an ultrasound now that you are awake. Your Mum and Luca are on their way" Tony explains as he strokes my hair softly trying to calm me down.

"Sweetie you’re awake! Are you ok?" Mum says as she runs into the room moments later. I’m relieved to see her as the tears flow from my eyes as I worry about the baby,

"Mum I'm scared, I need Luca" I cry as she pulls me into her arms. The memories of earlier this morning start coming back to me, god I was so nasty to him what if he doesn't want to be with me anymore. "He hates me Mum, I was so nasty to him this morning I snapped at him and all he was trying to do was take care of me and now look at me. My stubbornness has put me in hospital and our baby could be hurt because of me" I manage to tell her through my tears that are flowing quickly from my eyes.

"Calm down honey, Luca doesn't hate you he will be here any minute" Mum tells me rubbing my back softly as the nurse walks in.

"We can take you for your ultrasound now, everything is set up and ready for you" she says.

"No I have to wait for Luca. I can't do it without him, we haven't had one yet I need him here" I say as I continue to cry - my Mum nor Tony unable to calm me down.

"Mattie" I hear him stutter, out of breath as he runs through the door. Mum pulls away from me and lets Luca take me in his arms.

"Shhh baby it will be OK, everything will be fine, I’m here now" he says holding me tightly. it feels so good to be in his arms.

Ten minutes later I find myself lay on the bed in the maternity ward waiting for the technician to start my ultrasound. After Luca had been able to get me to calm down the nurses had brought me down here. Luca held onto my hand. He hadn't let go of me since he had arrived at the hospital I didn't want him to either I needed to touch him right now, I needed his comfort.

"Right Matilda this gel is going to be a little cold OK?" the technician tells me as she lifts my top up so that my stomach is showing. I moan, a shiver running through my spine as the ice cold gel is rubbed on my stomach. I keep hold of Luca's hand as I watch the lady take the wand, my eyes move over to the screen not wanting to miss a moment once the wand is placed on my stomach.

"Look Luca our baby" I say tears forming in my eyes as I look at our baby on the screen.

"I know honey. God he or she is so small" Luca says rubbing my hand while his eyes are also fixated on the screen.

"Yeah, but that’s expected at such an early stage. The baby seems to be growing well though" the technician tells us reassuringly. I smile as I watch our baby move on the screen in front of us, words can't describe what I feel right now, its magic.

"One moment" the technician says a few moments later.

"What’s wrong?" I cry out, starting to panic. I feel Luca squeeze my hand tightly as I watch her pause and concentrate on the screen oh god please don't let anything be wrong with our baby, I’ll never forgive myself.

Thanks for all the feedback guys and thanks to Jeh-Jeh for being the best proof reader. Enjoy

Chapter 20

“What’s wrong? Please tell us" I hear Luca ask, his hand holding my shaking hand tightly in his own.

"Well Mr and Mrs Holden, it appears that you are not only having one baby" the technician says.

"What?" I ask, shocked, interrupting her.

"Well from what I can see and hear you are having triplets, there are three heartbeats" she tells us. Oh my god three, wow.

"Three!" Luca exclaims as I look up at him.

"Yes three let’s see if I can point them out to you" she tells us. I smile up at Luca, I still can't believe this is happening.

Moments later Luca wheels me back to my hospital room, so that I can wait for the doctor to give me the all clear to go home. I haven't spoken since the ultrasound was finished; I was still overwhelmed by everything. Three babies was such a big thing, it was going to be hard to manage with just the one, but how are we going to manage with three?

"So how do you want to tell Mum and Dad then?" Luca asks me as he helps me out of the chair and back into bed.

"I don't have a clue, it’s going to be a huge shock for everyone" I tell him, smiling up at him.

"Yeah I know, well we have our picture and the DVD from the ultrasound so we could always let them watch that and point it out to them" Luca says.

"That sounds like a great idea baby, I wonder how everyone will react?" I say as I stare up at the ceiling.

"I think they will be ecstatic babe" Luca tells me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Sorry to interrupt but I just wanted to say congratulations" Flynn says minutes later as he enters the room, interrupting our kiss.

"Thanks Flynn, its a huge shock" I say as I break apart from Luca.

"Yeah I'm sure it is, well anyway Matilda you are fine to go home now but it is important to get plenty of rest and to eat, you need to keep your strength up" Flynn tells me.

"I'll make sure of it don't worry" Luca says looking at me.

"Hopefully now that you are in the third month of your pregnancy the morning sickness should stop pretty soon" he tells us.

"Thank God for that" I say, laughing.

"OK, so why are we all here?" Tasha asks from where she is sat next to Robbie. Jack and Martha are sat next to them while Mum and Tony are sat on the other settee and Ric and Cassie are on the floor.

"Well, we asked you all round because we have something to show you" I say as Luca presses ‘play’ on the DVD player before coming to stand behind me and wrapping his arms around my growing stomach.

"Oh my God is that another baby?" Cassie says, a few minutes later as they all stare at the screen.

"Yes it is, but their isn’t just the one, we are having triplets" Lucas says, a huge grin plastered on his face and his gorgeous blue eyes beaming proudly.

"Wow! Oh my God, congratulations!" Cassie says jumping up and running up to me as she takes me from Lucas arms and pulls me into a hug.

"Oh baby I'm so happy for you" Mum says as she stands up and walks over to me.

"Thanks Mum" I say, moving from my best friend’s arms to my mothers.

"Well multiple births run in the family don't they?" she tells me, smiling.

"Yeah, I guess they do" I say, smiling at her as we pull apart.

"Congratulations sis" Robbie says as he walks over, with Tasha standing beside him, and I see Ric, Jack, Martha and Tony still congratulating Luca - this was going to be a long night.

"Luca" I say as we lay in his arms that night.

"What babe?" he asks me softly.

"Do you think we can cope with three?" I ask him as I roll onto my side so that I am facing him.

"Yeah honey it will be fine, although its going to be a lot harder than just the one, but we will be great parents and we have all the support of our family and friends. We will manage I’ll make sure of it" he tells me as he looks into my eyes.

"Yeah, you'll be a great Daddy" I say smiling.

"And you'll be a great Mummy, and the most beautiful Mum in the world" he says leaning in to kiss me softly on the nose.

"Yes honey, I'm sure you'll think that when I’m as big as a house" I tell him.

"Of course I’ll still think that baby, you are always beautiful to me, and our babies make you even more precious to me" he tells me. He is so sweet to me, I am so lucky to have a man like him.

"Oh Luca I love you" I say smiling happily at him, my heart flutters as I look into his eyes.

"I love you too" he says pulling me back into his arms.

Archived