No Logie for Parenting

Guest H&A_FAN

What struck me about that, much more than the baby being up late, was the fact that she is becoming a way for the couple to make money. This appearance at the Logies is nothing more than a gimmick, a way to stay in the public eye. If Bec is willing to let Mia be photographed, she will get money, simple as that. Other celebs don't do this.

I know it's a different level of celebrity, but Gwyneth Paltrow is in Hello this month, with baby Moses, for a photo shoot. But, notably, Apple's face is blurred out. They are all playing in some kind of field. In the same issue, Angelina and Brad are in another shoot, and while the children are pictured, it's not in a gratuitous, money grabbing way. They are un-posed pictures, of the family relaxing in in the desert in Namibia. This didn't really bother me at all. For one thing, it just seemed like a lovely family shoot, to show people the other side of their life, and not done solely for the money and publicity. For another the children were clearly having a wonderful time in both shoots. This Logies stunt seems like a cry for attention, and I can't imagine Mia had that great a time, so late at night, in such an imposing atmosphere with crowds.

In the end, it's the parents' decision, but I don't think it is very responsible parenting to use your baby daughter earn money.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What struck me about that, much more than the baby being up late, was the fact that she is becoming a way for the couple to make money. This appearance at the Logies is nothing more than a gimmick, a way to stay in the public eye. If Bec is willing to let Mia be photographed, she will get money, simple as that. Other celebs don't do this.

[...]

In the end, it's the parents' decision, but I don't think it is very responsible parenting to use your baby daughter earn money.

That's what I was trying to say on the previous page... Don't know if I made myself understood... :P

I think it's going a bit far saying that the child should be home in bed. One night for goodness sake.

I do however think that it was purely exploitative of them to bring their baby to the Logies. Clearly they see their child as nothing but a publicity stunt.

To be honest, I just think they're incredibly young, naive people who don't know a lot about parenthood and weren't ready to have a baby. They probably thought it was a great idea; anyone with an ounce of sense would not.

They're not that young (especially Lleyton). They are both years older than you, for example, and clearly you can see what is wrong with the situation.

But they are using her as a tool for them to make money.

How will she feel when she is older and has spent her whole life being paraded in front of the world? What will she believe if she ever looks back at all the times she has been instrumental in getting publicity or deals? If it were me, I would feel exploited, and unloved. I'm not saying that they don't love her, but I do think they shouldn't use her like this, it's unfair, and it's selfish. It's irresponsible parenting, IMO.

To be honest, I just think they're incredibly young, naive people who don't know a lot about parenthood and weren't ready to have a baby. They probably thought it was a great idea; anyone with an ounce of sense would not.

They're not that young (especially Lleyton). They are both years older than you, for example, and clearly you can see what is wrong with the situation.

True, but I also wouldn't think of myself as mature enough to be a mum. I'm not saying young people can't make good parents, but Bec especially has always struck me as very naive. Getting engaged after a matter of weeks, for example, is perhaps not the decision of a mature, informed adult.

As for the Logies, it's not so much that Mia was up late, but the whole environment is just wrong for a baby. It's noisy, crowded and showy. She may be a famous baby, but she's still a baby - not a celebrity. The way they showed her off also reminds me of the way celebs show off their outfits and jewellery at these type of events; instead of 'ooh look how many diamonds she's wearing' it was 'ooh look at the cute kid she's holding'. There's just something not quite right about it.

I agree there's something not quite right about it, but I don't think it's too big a deal. So they made an unwise choice - every parent does at some point and they learn from it. If it happens again then that'll be a different matter, but I doubt it will after the bad press they got.

Archived