No Logie for Parenting

Guest H&A_FAN

I highly doubt she was there all night... they probably went upstairs to grab her and afterwards took her straight back. Not that I agree with it :P

This is wrong, exploiting a five month old baby like this. You don't see other high-profile celebrities doing it (Tom and Katie for example) so I think Bec should be ashamed of herself.

Yes... Tom and Katie definitely aren't... whatever!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt kind of uncomfortable with it... Kind of like how I felt uncomfortable when Paul O'Brien was talking...

However, I don't see how this was an instance when they were using their baby to make money. Do they get paid to do Logies presenting? They would've been paid if they had taken her out or not if so.

And it was kind of appropriate since they were presenting the award for children's show. I really don't have any moral outrage about it.

However, I would never do that with my child.

And TomKAt not exploiting their baby? Please, they could teach Bec and Lleyton a thing or two.

They are Mia's parents and they should raise her however they think suitable. If a woman (without a celebrity status) was walking down the road one night with her baby, do you think it would be all over the papers? No. They are just doing this because the media loves to criticize celebs - especially Bec. They really should leave her alone. That's my rant over :)

I felt kind of uncomfortable with it... Kind of like how I felt uncomfortable when Paul O'Brien was talking...

However, I don't see how this was an instance when they were using their baby to make money. Do they get paid to do Logies presenting? They would've been paid if they had taken her out or not if so.

And it was kind of appropriate since they were presenting the award for children's show. I really don't have any moral outrage about it.

However, I would never do that with my child.

And TomKAt not exploiting their baby? Please, they could teach Bec and Lleyton a thing or two.

I think that you are technically correct, but it is another instance of them using her to generate publicity, which will eventually lead to more magazine deals etc, and more money. The whole thing, not just this one night but Bec's contracts and things, leaves me very uncomfortable - that is just the right word.

And yes, TomKat are much much worse than these two. They are using their baby to get publicity, money AND to get interest in his crazy "religion"/cult. Nice parenting, the poor child's only a week or so old.

I thought it was cute - it was an award for childrens shows! I don't think it was anything wrong - babies can handle being up late one night! Some people are so judgemental and i think they need to back off in the case of Bec and bubs. I dont think she was trying to make money out of her child. I would have done it if i was asked as it was really cute!

Isn't it kind of pathetic though? Don't get me wrong, I think Bec seems like a nice girl, but it does seem like she's using her baby to hang on to her fame. Without H&A her only claim to fame is being Lleyton's wife and the mother of his child. Eventually the baby will be more famous than her.

The child is probably use to being dragged pillar to post. They travel around the world for Lleyton's tennis matches and for those of you who have had Jetlag, it's isn't a pretty picture. That's not really the best for an adult, yet alone a baby. I also agree that Bec is young and probably not ready for a child. I mean, this was the girl a few years ago who brought a Winnie the Poo teddy for good luck at the Logies! But Bec and Lleyton are Mia's parent's and I'm sure they do whatever they think is right. You can tell Bec and Lleyton adore their baby, and they probably want to show her off to the world. If you want an example of a bad Mother, look at Britney Spears!.

I can see everyone's point of view but i don't agree with the Bec bashing. If you read all the articles on them, you can tell how much they love their daughter. I'm sure if Mia was asleep or irritable, they wouldn't have taken her out there. I don't think Bec is desperately trying to hold on to her fame. She seems pefectly happy travelling around the world with Lleyton and being a mum. They signed a years contract with WD so they might not do any more after October-ish. The public are obviously interested or the magazine wouldn't pay them so much for the exclusives. I thought the matching dresses were cute and they did poke fun of themselves by saying ' You might have heard about the new addition to the family!'.

The press just seem to like putting them down. Have they been praised for anything they've done since they got together? Bec & Lleyton probably think they'll get slagged off anyway so why not do exactly what they want to do?

Archived