We are catching up

Guest Marc EH

If i were you guys i would love to catch up. I hate being so behind with The OC, Lost, etc!

But once you'va caught up, you can't get as many spoilers, you are limited to only watching one episode a day too. Sometimes I watch an episode on TV, then I can't wait for the next one, so I watch the next few episodes on my PC. If we caught up, I wouldn't be able to do that because I'd be watching the latest episode on TV and would have to wait for the next one. I'd hate to go without it for 8 weeks at Christmas too!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think FIVE will do what BBC do, and the UK won't get episodes at bank holidays, over christmas etc...and that there may be breaks for events like major sporting fixtures. They sometimes change the time when they have a footie match so may be they will stop showing at all on those days. That will be next year or the year after I think....and they will keep it so the Uk are about a month behind.

That sounds about right. If it does stop at Christmas I can't imagine it would be 8 weeks like in Aus, more like 2 weeks and back on 2nd/3rd of Jan.

But once we catch up with Australia, we'll have to take an 8 week break like they do.

That sounds about right. If it does stop at Christmas I can't imagine it would be 8 weeks like in Aus, more like 2 weeks and back on 2nd/3rd of Jan.

But once we catch up with Australia, we'll have to take an 8 week break like they do.

See the posts above...that is not necesarily the case!

See the posts above...that is not necesarily the case!

Yeah, I know what you mean, but if we were to catch up completely, we'd have to take a break at Christmas like they do in Australia, otherwise we'd be getting the episodes before they had aired over there.

Like you said, they might stop us from catching up by having days off on bank holidays and stuff. I used to hate it when I watched Neighbours and it wasn't on on bank holidays, or during the olympics, world cup, Wimbledon... so annoying! Just because there is a sporting event on, doesn't mean we should be deprived of our soaps! I never watch any sporting events!

True, but they will never allow the Uk to be ahead of Australia...so I think if they are going to go for the 46 weeks a year show...(unless they get Seven to go for 52 weeks like the UK soaps..which I doubt because over the summer in Australia TV watching drops dramatically...Aussies are not as TV obsessed as the poms...although you would not think it from some of the comments on this site...:P....)...I am rambling I know....lol...back to topic...I would rather have several short breaks than one long one!

Much bigger casts though, though they don't have "character" credits so it can be quite difficult to know who is actually on the programme at that moment.

Actually, how many people are in the main Corrie cast at the moment.

Deirdrie

Blanche

Ken

Ashley

Fred

Bev

Rita

Les

Cilla

Chesney

Sarah

Gail

Roy

Hayley

Norris

Corrie have a cast of around 60 which is a hell of a lot. But about 20 of those are hardly in it with the same group of characters featuring all the time.

With Home and Away, from 15th May we will only be 4 months behind the Australian episodes (start of the 2006 season)

I cant imagine FIVE cutting it down to 3 or 4 episodes a week - they will probabaly just take it off the same as Oz (isnt it a 6 week break rather than 8 in Oz?) and we will have a break over Christmas. They might decide to widen the gap a bit though soon by just taking it off for 2 weeks this Christmas, just so we dont get too close!

I would personally rather have an 8 week Xmas Break. It would be great for the UK to get Home and Away as a surprise like Australia. I quite like the idea of not reading the spoilers beforehand, because whilst they're on here, I'm always going to read them! lol

When H&A was on ITV we were more or less up to date weren't we? Because it was the year break between H&A going to five that we fell behind wasn't it?

Archived