Hold My Hand Part II

Guest xGlowingAngelx

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww that was great!!! Hmm I wonder what Jack's question is? lol I'd laugh it was something that we're not expecting. I don't know. "Wanna get a dog?" Lol!

Aww Tony & Beth! :(

Very good! Looking forward to the next chapter!

Once again thanks for the comments. I think this might be the final part of Hold My Hand, and for those of you who want a quick summary:

Beth thought Tony was cheating on her when she spotted him with another woman. He told her it was his boss and he was moving to America as his company was transferring there, ad asked her to go with him but she decided not to as it was too hard for her to leave Summer Bay so Tony left withour her....

Matilda rolled softly onto her side and looked at the alarm clock sat on her bedside table. Half past three in the morning! Deciding to get herself some water she slimbed out of bed and scrambled around for her slippers. Slowly, she crept towards the door and gently opened it. She quickly noticed the light from the living room had been left on. Walking into the living room, she saw Beth, sat at the kitchen table, crying. She walked over to her Mum and gave her a tight hug.

"Good Morning." Jack said as he entered the living room a few hours later. Beth looked gloomily at him. "I won't ask how you slept then". Beth shook her head. "I wouldn't either. I tried but I kept thinking about your Dad"

"Yeh, me too" Jack replied, as he sat on the couch besides Beth. Martha was the next to enter the living room. "Good morning sleeping beauty" Jack smiled, wrapping his arms around Martha's waist and kissing her softly on the lips. "Good morning gorgeous" she replied. She tilted her head to the side so she could see Beth. "Morning Beth" she smiled. Beth gave her a small smile and continued watching the morning chat show that was on the television. "Yeh Morning Martha." Jack turned to look back at his girlfriend. "So how did you sleep?" he asked. "Very well". They were about to embarce into another kissing session, when Lucas and Matilda entered. After more "Good Mornings" here and "How are you" there, the family sat down together to have breakfast. Throughout this, Jack noticed Lucas had been extremely quiet. "You alright Luke?" he asked. Lucas nodded. "May I be excused?" he asked, looking at Beth. "f course" she replied, as Lucas left the table and sprinted to his bedroom. Jack raced after him. He followed him into the bedroom, and sat beside him. "I know it's hard Luke, but Dad's gone. OK, he's not coming back. And now we need to stay strong. For Beth"

Lucas sighed. "Well I can't, because I'm not going to be here" he said, standing up. "WHAT?" Jack exlaimed, taken aback by what Lucas had said. "I can't stay here" Luke began. "And neither can you. This isn't our home anymore."

"What are you talking about, of course it is!" Jack claimed.

"NO!" snapped Lucas. "This was our home when Dad was here. Now it's Beth's house again. Not Beth's and Tony's" and he stormed into the living room. "Luke this is crazy!" Jack called after him. "WHOA!" said Beth "What's going on?"

"Lucas is leaving, apparently" explained Jack. Lucas felt three sets of eyes burn into him as Jack, Beth and Matilda looked at him. "Beth, you don't want us being here. Under your feet, constantly reminding you of Dad". Beth took his hands in hers. "Yes. you do remind me of your dad" she began

"See, I told you!.We should just...."

"BUT..." Beth continued. "That's a good thing. I love your Dad, and thats never going to change, you being here doesn't make it any harder for me. It actually makes it easier, it means we can get through it together. Now take this..." she said giving him the bag he had packed and placed onto the floor "And put it back into your bedroom, and then come back into the front room, and we'll all have breakfast together, as a family" Beth said. Lucas smiled gratefully and did as he was instructed.

Beth, Lucas, Matilda, Jack and Martha sat around the table, as Beth handed them each plates with full english breakfasts on. They were interrupted by a knock at the door. "Who's that this early?" Jack asked bemused. "It'll be Alf. I told him to call by to get the keys for the club" Beth replied standing up and going to answer the door. "TONY!" she excalimed, at the sight of her ex fiance stood at the door. Lucas ran over "DAD!" and threw his arms around his father, as did Jack. "W-What are you doing here?" asked Beth, bemused. "Well" said Tony, walking in, "I couldn't go. I thought of how lonely it would be without you lot by my side."

"But what about your job?" asked Jack. Tony smiled. "I quit. I wasn't enjoying it like I thought I would. So I decided that I'll come back and find something I actually want to do" Beth wrapped her arms around him, as did the others.

********************************************************************************

"I'd like to make a toast" Tony said, standing up. "To families". Everybody clinked their cups of tea (It was still morning after all).

"Oh I want you to have this back" said Tony, revealing Beth's engagement ring from his pocket. She kissed him again, and happily placed it on her finger. Jack looked at his Dad. "You had the same idea" he said turning to Martha and opening a small box to reveal a sparkling ring. Martha gasped. "Oh my god!"

"Martha McKenzie, will you marry me?" he asked bending onto one knee infront of her. "YES!" cried Martha as Jack placed the ring on her finger and kissed her on the lips. The "Hey maybe you can have a double wedding" Matilda clapped excitedly. Beth shot her a look "Let's not talk about that yet!" she laughed slightly worried. Everybody burst into laughter as Lucas sat back and watched. Finally all the pieces had fallen exactly into place, they were finally a proper family.

xxxxThe Endxxxx

Tell me what you think please. Thank you. I hope you enjoyed it!

Archived