Shelly

Guest Marieh

From what I heard the actress simply wanted to move on. However she later changed her mind and wanted back. But the situation at the time (with Shelley being replaced by Beth) meant there wasn't really a place for her in the show anymore. But they did their best and wrote Shelley in and out in guest stints, and finally as Rhys' leaving story when he went back to Shelley.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I heard the actress simply wanted to move on. However she later changed her mind and wanted back. But the situation at the time (with Shelley being replaced by Beth) meant there wasn't really a place for her in the show anymore. But they did their best and wrote Shelley in and out in guest stints, and finally as Rhys' leaving story when he went back to Shelley.

Oooh, like now (norway) when Kirsty has moved (?) to Shelly in the city because Kane almos hit her...

Oooh, like now (norway) when Kirsty has moved (?) to Shelly in the city because Kane almos hit her...

Yeah, and I think it's been really great how they've used Shelley. People don't disappear just because they leave Summer Bay.

Yeah, and I think it's been really great how they've used Shelley. People don't disappear just because they leave Summer Bay.

Well Shelly didnt.. but then we have Nick, Jade (?). And all the others who just leave SB and then we just "hear" a little bit from them...

We never hear about most of the characters who leave. Some of them, like Lance, Will, Sophie, Blake and Pippa return for guest stints every now and again, so are mentioned at times. Like when Sally was looking for a surrogate to have a baby for her and Sophie came to visit, or when Lance occasionally comes to visit Colleen. But most of the characters are never mentioned, even if they have family or good friends still in the bay.

I wouldn't really expect the Sutherlands to be mentioned much, although Josh did mention Dani when he first turned up. Nobody ever mentions Don anymore, which seems a bit odd since he was Alf's best friend and was also really close to Sally.

Everytime Will visits, he makes some excuse why Gypsy can't visit! lol

Sometimes Alf's family are mentioned, like when he went to see Roo.

I'm sure Fin was mentioned recently too.

But when characters leave it seems they are pretty much forgotten about. Has Tasha visited Josie? Has she even had so much as a phone call?

The thing with Josie is stupid. They should never have written Laurie out in the first place. They claimed that Josie had isolated herself and had no one left to interact with, but what about Tasha? Laurie could still realistically come back as she still has this connection to the bay, which can't be said for some characters who leave, but if she doesn't I think they should at least give her a mention now and again. If Dylan is still referred to I don't see why Josie isn't.

Great question ... I was blindsided when Paula (Shelley) left ... as there was no forward knowledge of it.

I dont even remember TV Week talking about it.

She was involved in the brilliant cliffhanger and then bang came to say goodbye to the girls ... and I'm thinking what !!

Was only thinking the other day how I enjoyed that she came back to reunite with Rhys ...

I will give H&A credit for that , they generally bend over backwards to get 'the soulmate' back for a fitting exit

Think ... Natalie and Joel , Shauna and Jude , Rhys and Shelley

Archived