I'm Actually Missing...

Guest Dazacoulls

Dazacoulls, yes I am starting to really miss them because I watched Secrets and the city dvd the other day, and it just made me think what they brought to the show. I also miss Dani, and Nick, I wish they would come back. :(

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss them too, but I generally miss some of the older eps anyway.

And this is in no way 'random' being a forum for Home and Away! Unless of course you mean you drew a topic for discussion out of a hat.

Each generation likes the teenage gang which was around when they were at or just passed that teenage phase. I loved Chloe, Selina and Shannon. I was less keen on Nick and co, but I do think they had more going for them than the current bunch, with the exception of Matidad who I really like. The previous teen groups seemed to develop closer frindships and in that sense were more real I think. We don't see much of the teenagers have friendships apart from boy girl relationships these days. That is a pity as I think that would be more realisitc. We occasionally get the odd girly chat between Matilda and Cassi but I dont think wehave seen a lads chat between Lucas and Ric. There is no real teenage larking about either.

I know what you mean Hattie, the teenagers at the moment are all nice and everything, but I think their relationships are a bit neglected.

I have liked a few of the teenage groups on the show, I think the earliest I remember watching were Shannon, Selina and co. when I was younger. Hayley is more my age, I think she is a year younger than me, so I kind of grew up with her. I liked Gypsy, Will, Justine, Peta and Edward, Tom was ok but was kind of annoying, not sure why! :lol:

I liked Kirsty, Jade, Nick and Seb as well. I feel too old to relate to the teenage characters these days, but they are ok as characters, they just don't seem like close friends like previous groups have done.

It seems like the only reason Luc and Ric talk to eachother is because their girlfriends are meant to be best friends. Cassie seems to neglect Matilda a lot too, but she always seems like she is much older than Matilda anyway.

The more I think about the characters above the more I realise who pants there stories were, effectively from 2002 onwards. Part of the problem I thought was they started giving the characters too many stories that broke them apart from the group.

By the end they were pretending to be the "Four Musketeers", but they had all fractured off into there own little sideshows.

I also think the "2 by 2 formation is pretty formulaic".

Yes it is formulaic but they have continued with the fracturing as you call it. It is a long time since I was teenager, cough, but I do remeber what its like, and my kids are teenagers, I think they have tried to make the teenagers too adult in recent years and to concentrate on their romances as if that is the only thing which teenagers do.

But why can't there just be a bunch of boys...say four boys and a girl.

Now they'd make her be the town bike and get them all in ayear, but still why can't they create a teenage group that is different in some way.

Just something different from 2 boys 2 girls.

I miss the sutherland family, especially Kirsty and Dani, wish they could return it would of been so interesting to see how they would of acted in the present H&A now alongside with those actors, it would of been so cool! :(:(

Archived