I'm Actually Missing...

Guest Dazacoulls

But why can't there just be a bunch of boys...say four boys and a girl.

Now they'd make her be the town bike and get them all in ayear, but still why can't they create a teenage group that is different in some way.

Just something different from 2 boys 2 girls.

We did have Robbie, Tasha and Kim for a while, which worked well. The thing is though, is that Tasha is unusual. Most girls have at least one best female friend, which is why I suppose they always have 2 girls and 2 boys. I think the teenage group should be larger, I mean, why can't they hang around with friends who don't have parents as main characters? I'm sure Cassie, Matilda, Ric and Lucas know other kids at school who they would be good friends with, why is the only time we see those kids when it's a special plot device like the Cassie and Aden thing? I bet we never see Aden again, not that I want to, but I'm sure they must have other friends too. When I was at school there was a huge bunch of us who were good friends, this whole foursome thing just seems a bit strange!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked Kirsty/Jade/Seb/Nick, although I much preferred it after KK got together as the focus was on Kirsty, who I always thought was the most interesting of the bunch. I was never keen on Nick - he was bearable when he was with Jade but I wasn't bothered when he left. Seb and Jade were ruined towards the end so I can't say I really miss them, but I do miss the relationship between Kirsty and Jade.

As for the current bunch, they're ok, but that's really the biggest compliment I can give them. Maybe it's because I'm older now and can't relate to people of that age group anymore. I liked both Cassie and Ric a lot at first, but they seem to have lost a lot of their spark, both individually and as a couple. Matilda and Lucas are very sweet and likeable but I can see it getting a tad boring and predictable after a while. The thing that does interest me is the Cassie/Ric/Matilda love triangle, and I hope this is explored further in the future. But some non-romantic storylines would be refreshing too.

Funnily it's the exact opposite with me. When I was in my teenage years I didn't relate to characters like Nick, Kirsty, etc at all. I thought they were rubbish and nothing like real teenagers! Now that I'm older, I actually "relate" to characters like Ric, Cassie etc much better. Maybe because I'm looking back through rose coloured glasses.

I think you are Ste. :D

:P I think Nick and that gang were rather nearer to the norm than most of late, they did lark about and did have their stupid moments I remember having a lot of them and ther were one or two Nicks in my year at school, always on th edge of trouble. Matilda and Lucas are too twee. I don't think Ric and Cassie are that realsitic, they are at times how I would like us to have been as teens but I havent got rose tinted glasses, mine are very clear...LOL...and I think its an adult view of how they think teenagers ought tyo be rather than how teenagers actually are if you follow me.

Selina was one of my favourites as was Chloe.... Sally was also great as a teenager, and is still great. I don't think I miss particular characters as such any more, I feel they make some fo the teenage characters all the same after a while these days.

But why can't there just be a bunch of boys...say four boys and a girl.

Now they'd make her be the town bike and get them all in ayear, but still why can't they create a teenage group that is different in some way.

Just something different from 2 boys 2 girls.

We did have Robbie, Tasha and Kim for a while, which worked well. The thing is though, is that Tasha is unusual. Most girls have at least one best female friend, which is why I suppose they always have 2 girls and 2 boys. I think the teenage group should be larger, I mean, why can't they hang around with friends who don't have parents as main characters? I'm sure Cassie, Matilda, Ric and Lucas know other kids at school who they would be good friends with, why is the only time we see those kids when it's a special plot device like the Cassie and Aden thing? I bet we never see Aden again, not that I want to, but I'm sure they must have other friends too. When I was at school there was a huge bunch of us who were good friends, this whole foursome thing just seems a bit strange!

I was thinking about something similar recently. Introducing characters who are friends of main cast, actually main cast themselves, but they don't get taken in, their parents don't die after two weeks in the show, they live with their parents who could be seen 10-15 episodes a year when they had a deeper storyline, a bit like Amy used to be on Neighbours.

Sam/Will/Gypsy/Hayley/Peta/Edward/Mitch worked well from what I've seen. Even if say two characters within those groups weren't that good friends.

I've mentioned it before, at some point, I think it was early 2004, they seemed like they were trying to cover every age group imaginable. A Jack of all suits, but an Ace of none.

Max, Henry, Matilda

Tasha, Robbie, Kim

Jade, Seb

Kirsty, Kane

Dani, Scott, Noah, Hayley

Sally, Leah, Flynn, Jesse

Rhys, Beth, Irene??

Colleen, Alf, Irene??

And it gave the impression that they all had no friends. Seb and Jade were nauseating, they'd hardly shown interest in each other in the two years and then when Kirsty dumped Seb and Jade decided that she didn't want to go out with the bin man they suddenly decided that they were meant to be together.

As I have said before, I miss them lots and lots! They were so much more fun than the current teenagers, who are too much for me. Can they not just be teenagers and mess around? Why do they all have deep-seated emotional problems / unrequited love for each other / get themselves into such stupid situations?

I really hope they do something with Cassie soon. I really liked her at first and couldn't see why all the Aussies weren't keen on her, but they seem to have dumbed her down and she isn't as feisty or quirky anymore. Why do they always insist on doing this? It was the same with Tasha. Ok, so she couldn't carry on being the wild child from the bush to the extent she was at the beginning, but she had some great idiosyncracies that just don't seem to be there anymore. I'd like to see a storyline about Cassie's parents - did they ever tell us what happened to them? :unsure:

Archived