The Newbie Thread

Guest Nicola1981

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, let's give it a go...

*Stickifies thread*

There is another one, i was a newbie last month. but everytime i go to new posts. There is anothe thread. Posted by a newbie. Any chance they can all be made into the same thread. Nothing against them at all, but there is so many of them now?????????.

Hey matey! Welcome! :D

Just to make sure that you don't ask a question that's already been asked... Just try and search for it for a few mintues, because there are a few members here that'll bite your head off lol

And i wonder who that is?. I was a newbie four weeks ago, there is maybe one person alone, that may give you trouble. But ignore him, the same as everyone else does. ok. But enjoy.

Just an idea, but at another board I post at they have a forum called "Introductions". So all the threads in that particular forum are just all the new members introucing themselves. Not sure if that would work here though.

That's pretty much what this thread is for, Caitlin.

I realise that, All I'm trying to say is that instead of one thread 40 something pages long devoted to welcoming newbies, you have one forum where a newbie makes thread for themselves. But as I said it probably wouldn't work here as multiple threads are frowned upon. I just know how confusing it can be when you first join a new board.

Okay, well...I guess this is the place to introduce myself, huh?

I chose the screenname Yabbie Creek for this website forum for a couple reasons. Since this is a board for the show "Home and Away", I wanted to pick a name that nobody else here would have thought of. Secondly, I chose Yabbie Creek because it is outside of Summer Bay...kinda like me. I'm WAAAAAAAAY far away from Australia.

I'm not even in the UK!

I hail from Canada.

Now, what's this you're saying? Home and Away doesn't currently air in Canada?

Well...you're right... :( Much to my chagrin... :(

But, I should explain myself first before trying to convince you that I am a "Home and Away" fan...even though it doesn't air in Canada anymore... :(

A few years ago, I was flipping through the channels when I came across an odd little show with the opening titles containing blue oceans and fish swimming amongst the cast members. I also saw names like "Kate Ritchie", "Judy Nunn" and "Ray Meagher", wondering, "who the heck are these people???" Turns out the show was "Home and Away", and according to the closing credits, it was filmed back in 2000.

Well, I like Australian culture (my goal is to vacation there someday), so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Turned out the first episode I saw was Sally's almost wedding to Kieran, where Gypsy puts a halt to the whole thing, and it turned out to be one bad day all around. I was very impressed by the acting, and I understand it was one of the highest rated shows in Australia that season too. I can see why.

Over the next couple of years, I watched the series faithfully...the Sally/Kieran almost wedding...the mudslide...Leah's brush with a needle...Ailsa's death...Woody's gun siege and Sally being held hostage...Brodie's bike accident. This is great Aussie drama!

But, one day, they removed "Home and Away" from the lineup (used to air weekdays at 3pm on Global), and I was very unhappy. I thought I would never see the show again.

So, I have been searching online for links, and came across this one, and I'm really glad I did. Whoever put "Back to the Bay" together is a GENIUS! Now, as a Canadian, I can enjoy current episodes here as well as any that I missed!

I just watched episode 4135 (the one Des uploaded), and I'm amazed at how good this show is compared to some of the American shows out there. You may not agree with me, but compared to "Days of our Lives" and "Bold and the Beautiful", "Home and Away" really is realistic. (well, okay, the whole Hayley paternity thing was a bit much! :wink: )

Anyway, I don't claim to know a whole lot about the show, but I've done some research on this site, and watched all the movies here, so I think I can jump into discussions here...if you guys let me, of course!

Archived