Kim/Chris Hemsworth

Guest nickisveryripped

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's easy to blame the writers..but the better actors on the show get crap stories and crap lines to say

The infamous "You're amazing, you know that?" popped up again yesterday. It makes me CRINGE!

LOL...I know what you mean...they are so original....not....I am sure they have side bets on how often they can get that line in......but levity aside...some actors say that awful line better than others do...and so I don't always cringe...it depends who is saying it...LOL

I was of the impression that a lot of the early Chris H-bashing was a backlash in response to the challenge that Kim posed to then-golden-boy Robbie's relationship with Tasha. The storyline showed cute nerdy Robbie feeling insecure that a big buff hunk was after his girl, and the viewers were meant to empathise with Robbie. I suspect this transferred, for some of them, into not liking Chris either - in a 'looks aren't everything' way.

Because at the time, Jason's acting was praised to high heaven. And now when I see them onscreen, I tend to find Jason embarrassing to watch. Whereas Chris is often just... slightly underwhelming. They both have their great moments, and they both have their less-than-great moments. I just find Chris the better of the two.

I agree, I find it very hard to believe there is any kind of spark between those two, both on Kim's and Rachel's parts. It is being shoved down our throats that there's a connection between them, instead of letting us see it for ourselves. I don't see it at all. But you just have to get over it and you'll start enjoying the storyline better.

I agree, I find it very hard to believe there is any kind of spark between those two, both on Kim's and Rachel's parts. It is being shoved down our throats that there's a connection between them, instead of letting us see it for ourselves. I don't see it at all. But you just have to get over it and you'll start enjoying the storyline better.

Exactly, but I don't think I can start to enjoy their pairing if I can get over it.

Its like he woke up after the ovedose and fell in love with the first person he saw.

Lol, that is so true. I was annoyed that they moved him on so fast from that. He almsot died. You'd think he might be just a *little* scarred by the experience. At least I do like Rachael. That's a start.

Chris is a great actor. As is Jason. And Mark Furze is probably better than both of them, lol. But they all have different styles and I for one appreciate that. I don't want every character to be the same. They each have their own thing that they play on.

Kim - tries not to shows his emotions (yes, I do think it's a deliberate character thing, NOT Chris' acting).

Robbie - speaks his mind. Even if no-one cares what he has to say :P

Ric - usually conflicted about something or other, generally in an amusing sort of way

Cassie - cries at the drop of the hat, because everything is always about HER and nobody else :rolleyes:

Leah - complains endlessly...

Sally - doesn't complain about a thing, even when she has a right to

Amanda - she's an actress, so naturally she over-acts all her lies to make them seem more convincing, lol

Lucas - doesn't say much, but he's a deep thinker. He's the quiet type.

Anyway, I think you get my point. Just because you don't like a character trait doesn't mean the actor behind it is no-good. In fact, it probably means the opposite.

Archived