Ella

Guest TabbyCool

So far I really like her. I like her so much that I may be able to block out my Hayley hate.

But am I the only one who thought that Kit/Hayley scene in todays episode was strange? It was strange but heartbreaking to hear them talking about Noah.

Got to me more than some of the Bec!Hayley scenes where she talked about Noah.

I guess that it goes to show just how little I relate Bec's Hayley and Ella's Hayley as the same character; I just couldn't appreciate that Hayley had any history with Noah. Kit, on the other hand... very touching. :)

That's how I felt about it too. It was very touching how Kit talked about Noah, she obviously loved him and is missing him, whereas Hayley didn't seem quite so emotional. I know she loves Kim (and Scott!) but Noah was her husband and it's still not that long since he died, she just didn't seem as emotional as you'd expect her to be.

I really feel for Kit though, she has had so many problems and although it was a little foolish of her to think that Kim would just be sitting around waiting for her, she has had her nose rubbed in it a bit! Both of the men she has fallen for have been in love with Hayley, it must make Kit feel pretty bad and can't do her self-esteem any good. I wish Kit would find someone who would love her, not Hayley! She deserves some happiness.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, here's my two pence worth. I don't know whether it was because I was expecting it, unlike with previous recasts, but it was definitely less weird to see a new Hayley than, say, a new Ailsa or Flynn. I think Ella is a cracking little actress and very beautiful (despite the comments that some of the less intelligent members of this board have been making). I basically just tried to imagine Bec saying the lines as Ella was speaking, and it's slowly helping me get used to her.

Those are the good points, now for the not so good ones. I'll never think that recasting Hayley was a good idea and finally getting to see Ella hasn't changed my mind on this. It wouldn't matter how great she is, it's just the principle. I know they didn't have a lot of choice, but there are always alternatives. The difference between Ella and Bec's voices will also take some getting used to. And finally, the scene with Kit and Hayley just didn't work. It had the potential to be a lovely scene, but it was way too soon for Ella to be given a scene where she refers to the past emotional experiences of a character she's only been playing for five seconds.

I agree with the other people on here who said that Ella would have been fab as a new character in her own right. I do think she's lovely. :)

Such a valuable first post :rolleyes:

You should probably read the forum rules here and read rule 4 in particular!

Rule 4 ... hmm... just had a look... no negativity... you must love Home and Away and all of the lovely people in it. You must think nice thoughts.

It's worse than the Stepford Wives, or 1984.

Argh!!!

No, you can say negative things about the show, just don't slag off the actors because of their looks! Some of the cast and crew of the show are actually members here. I doubt you'd be too impressed if everyone here said you were a complete munter! :blink:

The new Hayley is a fab actress but I do find it hard to try and imagine the old Haylz saying those lines. Also I find it kinda weird and confusing b/c the new actress looks so much like Kit. I do find it annoying that Kim and Kit can't make it work since its so obvious that Hayley is really inlove with Scott. She is trying to kid herself... :(

Yeah, it's like at Flynn's funeral in Tuesday's Australian episode, Pippa, played by Debra Lawrence, talks about when "she lost Tom."

I couldn't get my head round that one because Vanessa Downing was the only Pippa to work with Roger Oakley.

That's kinda how this is; because Ella Scott-Lynch never worked with Beau Brady, I'm finding it hard to get my head around her Hayley talking about Noah.

Such a valuable first post :rolleyes:

You should probably read the forum rules here and read rule 4 in particular!

Rule 4 ... hmm... just had a look... no negativity... you must love Home and Away and all of the lovely people in it. You must think nice thoughts.

It's worse than the Stepford Wives, or 1984.

Argh!!!

Ummm... no.

I think that one came up when Sharni Vinson's tan got hotly debated at the time Cassie came into the series in Australia.

There's a difference between saying "Ella's minging" and "I find it hard to grasp Ella's Hayley talking about past relationships with Noah".

Archived