Ella

Guest TabbyCool

I think Hayley appeared immature partly because Bec was not able to develop the range that was needed for her to mature in the way that Ella has done. I did not like Hayley as a chacrter beofre Ella came, she bored me as she was always the same and seemed shallow and frankly irritating.... Ella brought more depth to the character and made her far more interesting. Ella also made Kip and Chris and Kip work harder at their acting and they both improved too.

It's like you're reading my mind! :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, obviously its a bit wierd the first few times seeing Ella play Hayley, but I think she is a brilliant actress and i'm so glad that Hayley's character is being able to have the chance to develop more (although it is a shame it won't be a longer-term thing).

I liked Bec's Hayley when she was first in the show, young care-free teenager etc but I think Noah's death and the storylines since then have required a much more mature style of acting and I don't think Bec was really capable of pulling that off to full effect. I think its good for the character of Hayley to bring in an actress that can do this storyline justice.

I understand that the change of actress will take a bit of getting used to though and I must admit I much preferred old Flynn to new one (even though I think Joel is a great actor and I've had years now to get used to it!) but thats just me loving old Flynn a bit too much!

I know this is going slightly off the tracks but what other characters have been replaced? I remember flyn obviously and also there was Pippa, Irene used to be played by someone else years ago ( my mum says) I also remember Gypsey's mum was replaced at some point. Theres prbably loads more but i am only 14 so i didnt see the show from the beggining

I know this is going slightly off the tracks but what other characters have been replaced? I remember flyn obviously and also there was Pippa, Irene used to be played by someone else years ago ( my mum says) I also remember Gypsey's mum was replaced at some point. Theres prbably loads more but i am only 14 so i didnt see the show from the beggining

I'm not sure about Irene, but Gypsy's mother (Natalie) was replaced at some point, I think it was 1998, but I might be wrong there.

I never saw the first Pippa, I know there has been more than one Pippa, but I only really started watching in the mid-late 90s.

I'm not sure about Irene, but Gypsy's mother (Natalie) was replaced at some point, I think it was 1998, but I might be wrong there.

I never saw the first Pippa, I know there has been more than one Pippa, but I only really started watching in the mid-late 90s.

I think there was 2 different irenes

Jacqui Phillips played Irene during 1992, and maybe 1993. Lynne McGranger replaced her during 1993.

Angelica la Bonnettza played Natalie during 1998, then Antoinette Byron played her during 1999-2000.

Martin Dingle-Wall played Flynn, 2000-2001, and then Joel McIlroy replaced him.

Two actors had played Duncan (Allana?? and then Lewis Devaney took over ) until Brendan took the role up in 1998

Four actresses played Rebecca Fisher, including Belinda Emmett, who ironically played a previous love interest for Travis.

And Pippa but I don't need to tell you that

Ailsa, Mitch, Selina and Rebecca have all been replaced for short periods due to illness.

Archived