1999 Opening Credits

Guest Eddie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They weren't the worst, but I never thought that the show would use a set like that. They were probably just trying out new things. I guess some of the shots were ok but Irenes, Alf and Ailsa's, Gypsy's, Natalies and Hayley's kinda freaked me out for the first week.

The 1999 credits are my absolute favourites. I loved all the credits from 1996 to 1999, they were all the same style. They weren't supposed to look dark, just kind of surreal and sexy like being in a dream or something. They are way better than the current ones. My favourite is the one of Natalie Nash with a ghostly Natalie appearing and disappearing in the background (used when the new actress took over from the old one :cool: ), and there was also one of Mitch appearing inside a shadow of his own head.

I too really loved those credits. They were surreal and I thought they really added an extra 'zing' to the show's opening and closing titles.

Hated the blue ones though. 'Home and Away' really took a step back when they bought those in . ..

They were boring, stock standard, below average - and they didn't suit the show at all . . .

They would have suited 'Neighbours' down to the ground though. So says the person who has never watched an episiode in her life before ! ! :P:P

Archived