Neighbours NZ Discussion

Nathan

I might actually watch The Point and watch Home and Away on Sundays. I will always watch Home and Away over Neighbours. If by any chance they cancel H&a omnibus, I'll quit watching the point and start watching Home and Away on weekdays.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosie and Pepper won't hook up. Neighbours is very safe compared to Shortland Street (with two permanent lesbian characters). Janelle and Stingray haven't left! Just because you don't see them in one episode doesn't mean they've gone!

Stingray does die soon, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is The Point? Where will Neighbours go when that airs?

The Point is to be New Zealand's second five-nights-a-week soap opera. It is to be set in a fictional harbourside suburb.

At the moment TVNZ is committed to the show for a minimum of three years (similar to when Shortland Street started)

It is due to screen against Home and Away. At a guess I would say Neigbours will screen at 5pm before The Point.

A producer was due to be appointed before Christmas but I haven't heard anything yet.

In thought TVNZ decided not to go ahead with it, I read a new release awhile ago

and it made me sad cos The Point sounded kinda good.

^ What did you hear about it?

TVNZ did decide not to go ahead with it though. The new timeslot for Neighbours atm is awful!! I can't watch it because I'm still coming home from school.

Woah the time slot a tv show goes to after the 3:55pm is the one where it's dropped completely.

I certainly hope that doesn't happen. They did that years ago to Neighbours. I have actually started recording it now since it isn't on at the same time as Home and Away. They should have just kept the show on TV2, half the shows on there are repeats anyway.

^ What did you hear about it?

TVNZ did decide not to go ahead with it though. The new timeslot for Neighbours atm is awful!! I can't watch it because I'm still coming home from school.

I can't watch Neighbours anymore cos by the time I get home from school it's almost over :( As for the point- what I hear was TVNZ got $1.5 mil to investigate the possible market for such a show and decided there wasn't one :(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived