Neighbours NZ Discussion

Nathan

^ Same here. That's why moving it to 5.30 on One was a VERY stupid idea.. almost a death knell for the show here in NZ!

I can undertand their reasoning for this - I just hope it works.

TV One's new soap The Point is due to air in the 5.30pm slot this winter. Neighbours will hold the 5.30pm slot until The Point airs. Neighbours viewers will then hopefully watch The Point when it takes its timeslot.

While I will never watch Neigbours I will choose The Point over Home and Away.

Also if anyone's interested Coral Drouyn (former Home and Away script producer) and Kelly Lefever will supposedly be script consultants.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is The Point? Where will Neighbours go when that airs?

The Point is to be New Zealand's second five-nights-a-week soap opera. It is to be set in a fictional harbourside suburb.

At the moment TVNZ is committed to the show for a minimum of three years (similar to when Shortland Street started)

It is due to screen against Home and Away. At a guess I would say Neigbours will screen at 5pm before The Point.

A producer was due to be appointed before Christmas but I haven't heard anything yet.

The last I saw of Neighbours this week was during the ad break and I flipped the channels to see what's up and this was a glimpse of what I saw.

Toadie's apparently fine but apparently a bullet fragment was stuck in his back near the spinal cord and the doctor's weren't sure of removing it as they were afraid that it might damage the spinal cord. That's what Susan told Steph anyway because when I turned to it, that was what they were discussing.

Also, last I saw, was Pepper stalking Rosie and Paul's date at 'Lassiters.' If I remember correctly, it had something to do with her wanting to see what Paul was doing in order to get Rosie and she tried to get Frazer to come along but he didn't want to so she went alone but was caught by the kitchen staff so she left. Paul and Rosie were having their date and he was trying to woo her and stuff by having the restaurant all to themselves and gave her a single red rose and having a pianist play romantic music and dancing to it.

Sorry if it's not much but I was watching 'Home & Away' so I just flipped between the ads. :D

I noticed today that TV2 are playing a Neighbours omnibus from 10-12 on Sunday mornings. I see that they have put this on at the same time as the Home and Away omnibus. I actually did watch some of it as i have been watching Home and Away instead of Neighbours during the week at 5.30pm.

Archived