Scott Hunter

Guest SamanthaJane

I actually think that Hayley is more to blame than Scott for wrecking their relationship (after all, she went a lot further than just kissing someone else...) but still, the way Scott treated Josie after the kiss was appalling. It was also quite out of character and uneccessary, which leads me to think it was just another plot device. After all, what reason did Scott have to be nasty to Josie and put all the blame on her? They kissed, it was a mutual thing, and he was the one who was involved with someone else, not her. Before that they got on really well and it's not like Josie went and gloated to Hayley out of spite or anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hayley slept with Kim before she went out with Scott though, so it's not like she cheated on him, whereas he kissed Josie when he was still with Hayley. They were on a temporary break, it's not like they had properly split up, Hayley just needed some space to think without him hassling her all the time.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's true, but Hayley still expected Scott to be ok about bringing up another man's baby. Her sleeping with Kim (or the result of it) was what really ruined their relationship.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but she did that before they even had a relationship, so she can't really be blamed for it. If Scott couldn't handle the fact that Hayley was having Kim's baby, he should have called the relationship off straight away, or at least took some time out to have a good think about things before making a decision. Hayley didn't expect Scott to be ok with it at first, it was him who told her he would be ok with the baby and still wanted to be with her. It's a difficult situation, nobody was at fault in the beginning, but it is Scott who has cheated on Hayley now, not the other way round.

If Hayley had told Scott straight away that she had slept with Kim, then maybe the situation might not have gotten so out of hand. But since Hayley didn't know she was pregnant at the time, there was no reason for Scott to know about it since it happened before they got together and would have just made things awkward for everyone if he'd been told. So when Hayley realised she was pregnant, Scott was really excited, until he found out the truth, but by then he had already got into a relationship with Hayley after he'd loved her for ages, so it was hard for him to walk away, but even harder to stand by her.

Just think how hard all of this will be on poor Kim when the truth finally comes out!

Yes, Hayley didn't expect him to be ok with it at first, but as soon as he said he was going to stay with her she lost all regard for his feelings. Just because he said he wanted to make things work, she expected him not to have any problem with it at all from then on. Of course it would be hard for him to see her getting closer to Kim, and discussing baby clothes and names with another guy, but when he admitted that he was having trouble dealing with it she put all the blame on him. Ok, Scott shouldn't have kissed Josie, but he thought it was over between him and Hayley and he made the mistake because he was messed up over it. Personally, though I dislike Scott as a character, I'd say the blame is much more on Hayley's part.

I'd have to disagree, I think Scott is much more at fault. As Tabby said, Hayley wasn't even going out with Scott at the time when she slept with Kim so she doesn't have to answer for or justify it. The fact that she got pregnant isn't her fault either.

Hayley didn't expect Scott to be ok with Kim being the dad either. I distinctly remember her continually telling Scott that she'd understand if he didn't want to be with her anymore.. and Scott saying that they would work through it. It's his constant reassurance that has made Hayley put it to the back of her mind a bit.

Hayley slept with Kim before she went out with Scott though, so it's not like she cheated on him, whereas he kissed Josie when he was still with Hayley. They were on a temporary break, it's not like they had properly split up, Hayley just needed some space to think without him hassling her all the time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it was out of character for Scott to kiss Josie, as he was really upset and confused at the time and we all do things that we wouldn't usually do at times like that. I think it was his treatment of Josie afterwards that was out of character and totally uncalled for. I got the feeling she was really starting to care about him too. :(

Hayley and Scott weren't really getting together when she slept with Kim...they both knew they had feelings for each other but Scott was still with Lisa and it didn't look like he was about to end the relationship any time soon. So I don't think Hayley really did anything wrong by sleeping with Kim on that score, but there was still the fact that he was her friend's boyfriend, which everyone seems to overlook! And how dumb was she not to at least take the morning after pill? :blink:

Yeah, it was wrong of Hayley to sleep with Kim when he was going out with Zoe, just as wrong for Kim.. but she still doesn't have to justify that to Scott. That's my only issue here. Yeah, she may be carrying another man's kid but it's not like she cheated on Scott, which he did to her with Josie.

Archived