Is Home and Away or Neighbours more popular in oz?

Guest Tamxxx

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

See, I thought I'd missed too much to start watching again when I did in 2001. I hadn't watched it since.. I don't know.. about 1996/97 or something like that when I was a kid. But then my friend got me watching it and although I didn't know alot of the people, I found it easy to get back into again.

Neighbours isn't very popular over here in NZ. Home and Away is VERY VERY popular. At my school, I think I'm the only person who actually watches Neighbours (seriously). I like Home and Away the best though! Neighbours doesn't have a very stable cast and the acting sucks compared to Home and Away. But that's my opinion.

To answer your question of which is more popular in Australia:

Home and Away has developed into one of Australias most watched show this year, and is in the Top 10 most watched shows nationally most weeks now. Neighbours rarely even makes the Top 50 shows in a week.

Home and Away towards the end of this year was getting up to 1.5 million viewers. Neighbours only averages around 950,000 viewers.

So to put it simply... Home and Away is MUCH more popular in Australia.

Spice girls launched on Easter Sunday 1997. A lot of people like my parents used to watch it on channel 3, i bet if they watched it now they'd like it, my mum's always asking me what's happening, they just say that they've missed far too much to catch up.

xxx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet they'd be hard pushed to find a character they recognised!

• 2 years later...

No one has posted in here for three years but oh well, I will. 3 years later and I think Neighbours still is more popular in the UK. I think Home and Away is getting more popular over here but Neighbours still beats it though. I think H&A is a lot better though. In Aus, H&A is more popular because they always win more Logies and that.

I'm wondering if H&A will steadily get more popular in the UK now Neighbours has also moved to Five? Wonder if people will get curious & start watching H&A after Neighbours on Five or before Neighbours on Fiver. Also Five have just bought Out of the Blue from the BBC so they are going to get quite an Australian feel on there!

Archived