Morag?

Guest Ashirr-Leigh

I can completely understand why they did it. It makes perfect sense to me. Considering the character in question hadn't been in the show for five years anyway it was hardly like we were losing anything. All it did was gain us some great episodes. And it makes far more sense to do it with a character a lot of people care about. Otherwise it would have made even less sense to do it with some random extra. I think a lot of people missed the point with this storyline and concentrated on the

"Why bring a character back just to kill her?" factor. This storyline spawned at least two further great storylines such as Diana's return and Jesse's emotional exit. If Jesse had killed some random extra it wouldn't have been nearly as emotional for us or for him, and we wouldn't have had Diana return. And like I said, considering she hadn't been in the show for five years anyway I don't know why everyone's complaining about it.

^Matilda would have had to have waltzed.

I'm surprised you didn't seize the opppertunity to get that one in, Ryan.

As Ste said, its all done to gain a reaction. As with Noah, the storyline was so effective because viewers truly cared about the character.

Yeah, I think the reason why people were/are upset is because it's a character they've loved for years. I do see the merits of the storyline though, I'm just not looking forward to it! :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think in addition to this Claire_Louise, people were upset because they always look forward to old characters returning, and they are generally happy occasions, and something which Home and Away has excelled at over the years.

Whilst it may have opened up two other storylines, I still believe it showed a complete lack of understanding of the audience by the production team.

Archived