Best bitch

Guest britishrules

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it, all women can be bitches at times. I think the fact that the show reflects this and has three-dimensional, rather than perfect, female characters is something to be praised. The only current cast member I can think of who isn't really like that is Tasha, but that's understandable considering her background. She didn't grow up in society and therefore doesn't really think like everyone else. She can be nasty at times, but it's usually when she's genuinely upset or angry, and she doesn't tend to make bitchy comments.

Irene has been a bitch to Josie, that's a fact. She took an immediate dislike to her and never gave her a chance. But, considering the circumstances, it's not surprising how she reacted. She's only human after all. If you were to meet someone who looked a lot like someone you hated and who had hurt your family, and that person then went on to try to gain custody of the girl you thought of as your daughter, would you like her? Josie never did anything wrong, but Irene was bound to dislike her. She would have had to have been perfect not to.

Irene has always had a strong bitchy streak. You only have to look at what she was like when she first came to the bay to realise that this women was never going to be a saint. I think sometimes we place her in the 'Pippa' bracket a bit too much (and there's a character for you who never said a bad word about anyone, and was therefore completely unrealistic, if extremely loveable). Irene is like Morag in that she never takes any nonsense, and she will fight her corner whether she's right or not. But she isn't an out and out bitch. A bitch would act like that for no reason, but with Irene it's always motivated by something - be it insecurity, a belief that she is right or a sense of trying to protect herself.

As for the real 'bitches' on the show, I've always said Angie in the past, but as someone pointed out she was a psycho rather than a bitch. She didn't behave like that because she was a nasty person, but because she was mentally troubled. So I think the overall winner would have to be old-school Morag, closely followed by Diana.

Let's face it, all women can be bitches at times. I think the fact that the show reflects this and has three-dimensional, rather than perfect, female characters is something to be praised. The only current cast member I can think of who isn't really like that is Tasha, but that's understandable considering her background. She didn't grow up in society and therefore doesn't really think like everyone else. She can be nasty at times, but it's usually when she's genuinely upset or angry, and she doesn't tend to make bitchy comments.

Irene has been a bitch to Josie, that's a fact. She took an immediate dislike to her and never gave her a chance. But, considering the circumstances, it's not surprising how she reacted. She's only human after all. If you were to meet someone who looked a lot like someone you hated and who had hurt your family, and that person then went on to try to gain custody of the girl you thought of as your daughter, would you like her? Josie never did anything wrong, but Irene was bound to dislike her. She would have had to have been perfect not to.

Irene has always had a strong bitchy streak. You only have to look at what she was like when she first came to the bay to realise that this women was never going to be a saint. I think sometimes we place her in the 'Pippa' bracket a bit too much (and there's a character for you who never said a bad word about anyone, and was therefore completely unrealistic, if extremely loveable). Irene is like Morag in that she never takes any nonsense, and she will fight her corner whether she's right or not. But she isn't an out and out bitch. A bitch would act like that for no reason, but with Irene it's always motivated by something - be it insecurity, a belief that she is right or a sense of trying to protect herself.

As for the real 'bitches' on the show, I've always said Angie in the past, but as someone pointed out she was a psycho rather than a bitch. She didn't behave like that because she was a nasty person, but because she was mentally troubled. So I think the overall winner would have to be old-school Morag, closely followed by Diana.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great post, I agree with everything you've said. You're right, there's a difference between those who have bitchy moments, and those who are real bitches. Personally I think Angie was a bit of a bitch beneath the mental trouble, but that's just my personal opinion. Diana and old school Morag are great. I remember Morag wasn't in a the show for a long time and when Diana came along I thought we'd definately seen the last of Morag as Diana was the "new" Morag. I never ever thought we'd see them both in the show at the same time fighting against each other!

Wow!! I am shocked with the thought of Irene being a bitch, but when i read this thread i couldn't agree more!! Angie, Morag, Diana and remember Dani at the beginning she was a bitch wasn't she?? So yeah, i don't exactly see Amanda as a bitch, I see her similar to Josie. But Amanda can't help what's happening to her simply coz everything she does is by forse, i find that a lot of people dont get the full story of Amanda and put the facts together, i mean the poor woman is living a tough life, she can't help that can she. As we all say we all make mistakes and that's exactly what Amanda has done, she the only reason she wants Graham's money is coz of Josh who is forcing her. She hasn't exactly done anything to anyone except for Kit (which is also a bitch sometimes) which was actually really in her way and messing with her life, if you put it my way and actually look at all the facts you'd see that she isn't a bitch just a woman with a tough life fighting for money and actually a deeply hearted woman. Okay, well she pretended to be pregnant to make Scott love him, again it wasn't her fault that her boyfriend was actually still in love with his ex. Another thing right Dan wanted full custody of Ryan, what for, what had Amanda done to him? Then suddenly he goes off gambling, and accuses Amanda of being a bad parent. Well this is all IMO. Anyone else agree with me?? :wink:

Archived