Wedding Belle

Guest Andy

WEDDING BELLE

The Sydney Morning Herald

24 October 2005

Home and Away star Kate Ritchie has joined the cast of the ABC telemovie Stepfather of the Bride in a stellar line-up that includes William McInnes, Garry McDonald, Alex Dimitriades and Noni Hazlehurst.

Written by Geoffrey Atherden, the film follows three generations of a family as they prepare for a wedding.

Home and Away fans need not despair - Ritchie is not leaving the top-rating soap. A Seven spokesman told The Guide the network was happy to work schedules around Ritchie's commitments.

Production begins next Monday.

That's fantastic news. It also shows how much she is valued at H&A, because soaps usually only let their top stars do other things (eg. in Eastenders, I think it's only Dot and maybe one or two others whose contracts aren't binding to the one show). Mind you, considering they were so flexible with Bec Cartwright it's only fair Kate should get the same treatment - she is a much bigger asset to the show! I doubt we'll get to see this new programme in the uk though. :(

PS. Just checked something out because I was sure I recognised the name Alex Dimitriades...it's Nick from Heartbreak High! :D What a fab cast this show will have! I didn't know he was gay though! :unsure:

Archived