Indiana Evans Contract

Guest teenage-monkey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think once it dawned on them (the writers) that Sally was one of the few remaining original cast members left they made her more central. She was certainly always background as a teenager and came secondary to characters like Shannon and Selina. As Kate Richie says in an interview on the Secrets and the City dvd, she didn't use to enjoy playing Sally because she never got any cool storylines, wore the cool clothes or had the cute boys! But she thinks in a way that made her more popular to certain viewers because it made her more realistic, which I think is true.

Probably depends on how much you want to be an actor or how much you want to be something else that doesn't involve being a shop assistant or a waiter.

Maybe Indiana is thicker than Kate and Christie, or wants to make something of herself if the acting world spits her in the cabbage patch amongst Ste's proverbial manure.

Having watched both Home and Away and Neighbours from the beginning, I think part of the problem also is that scriptwriters are afraid of pushing the boundaries too far; so there comes this "black-hole period" between the ages of about 14 and 18, when you are too old to be a cute kid and too young to be a adult. Hence Ric and Matilda never got together, and Sally never had a serious boyfriend until she had graduated high school.

Having watched both Home and Away and Neighbours from the beginning, I think part of the problem also is that scriptwriters are afraid of pushing the boundaries too far; so there comes this "black-hole period" between the ages of about 14 and 18, when you are too old to be a cute kid and too young to be a adult.  Hence Ric and Matilda never got together, and Sally never had a serious boyfriend until she had graduated high school.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look at Kirsty though. I think Matilda has been background enough and she is starting to be put to good use now.

Archived