Lost UK thread

Guest Di

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On digital spy they're saying there's already been 1 cut.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know 4 Wouldn’t be able to leave it alone. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The pilot was shown in RTE a few weeks ago but I watched it again on 4 last night & yup, I spotted a couple of cuts in Part 1 (I missed the 2nd episode at 10). But, if anyone was eating while watching the show believe me it might not have been a bad thing that you didn't see one of the bits they cut.....

It could have had something to do with the fact that part one was on that bit earlier. Maybe they'll leave it alone in its regular 10pm slot.

Msf, you need to give it more than 15 mins before you know if a series is any good! I thought the second ep was much more interesting than the first (which was quite bewildering). I liked it a lot, especially the end. But the polar bear thing... :blink: Let's just say they will need a very good explanation!

On digital spy they're saying there's already been 1 cut.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know 4 Wouldn’t be able to leave it alone. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The pilot was shown in RTE a few weeks ago but I watched it again on 4 last night & yup, I spotted a couple of cuts in Part 1 (I missed the 2nd episode at 10). But, if anyone was eating while watching the show believe me it might not have been a bad thing that you didn't see one of the bits they cut.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IMO, when they buy a show wth a certain rating (and the know what's in the pilot, as that's the episodes they are shown when they are deciding whether to buy it or not..) they should put it in a timeslot that's appropriate and not cut as they please..

Unless it was cut because of the London bombings as the plane crash ep of H&A was..

Anyway, yeah, eww, I remember those bits, you didn't miss much, only gross stuff! :P

Over 6 million get 'Lost'

Thursday, August 11 2005, 10:33 BST -- by Neil Wilkes

Channel 4 was celebrating today after its huge marketing push behind new US drama Lost paid off in spades.

Overnight figures show that an average of 5.95 million viewers (a 26.4% share of the audience) tuned in for the first half of the premiere between 8.30pm and 9.30pm, in spite of tough competition from ITV1's The Bill (5.36 million, 25.2%, 7th place).

With a peak audience of 6.8 million at 9.15pm, the episode ranked fourth place for the entire day, behind Coronation Street (8.98 million, 46.9%), Emmerdale (7.55 million, 44.3%) and the 9.30pm edition of Big Brother (6.29 million, 27.1%).

Encouragingly, most of the audience were tempted back for Lost's second half at 10pm. The episode was seen by an average of 5.51 million (27.9%) and a peak of 6.34 million, with a sixth place ranking for the day.

The show also brought in huge audiences to E4, which premiered the third episode immediately after the second at 10.50pm. A colossal 1.47 million (16.1%) tuned in; a figure which is bound to dent ratings for Channel 4's airing next Wednesday.

The reaction to the show was almost universally positive from readers of the Digital Spy forums. "A very good first episode," wrote one. "Brilliantly entertaining. Definitely can't wait to watch the next episode."

"Fascinating," added another. "Well worth the viewing time.. and the episodes just flew by

Over 6 million get 'Lost'

Thursday, August 11 2005, 10:33 BST -- by Neil Wilkes

Channel 4 was celebrating today after its huge marketing push behind new US drama Lost paid off in spades.

Overnight figures show that an average of 5.95 million viewers (a 26.4% share of the audience) tuned in for the first half of the premiere between 8.30pm and 9.30pm, in spite of tough competition from ITV1's The Bill (5.36 million, 25.2%, 7th place).

With a peak audience of 6.8 million at 9.15pm, the episode ranked fourth place for the entire day, behind Coronation Street (8.98 million, 46.9%), Emmerdale (7.55 million, 44.3%) and the 9.30pm edition of Big Brother (6.29 million, 27.1%).

Encouragingly, most of the audience were tempted back for Lost's second half at 10pm. The episode was seen by an average of 5.51 million (27.9%) and a peak of 6.34 million, with a sixth place ranking for the day.

The show also brought in huge audiences to E4, which premiered the third episode immediately after the second at 10.50pm. A colossal 1.47 million (16.1%) tuned in; a figure which is bound to dent ratings for Channel 4's airing next Wednesday.

The reaction to the show was almost universally positive from readers of the Digital Spy forums. "A very good first episode," wrote one. "Brilliantly entertaining. Definitely can't wait to watch the next episode."

"Fascinating," added another. "Well worth the viewing time.. and the episodes just flew by

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow there marketing really worked on this one Really for this one 5.95 million

Is alot of viewers for 4 :)

Archived