Characters front and centre

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, adam436 said:

I thought Scott and Hayley went to Paris? Nothing to say Dani didn't too though.

So I just went back watch Shelly return episode 4972 there a scene with Shelly and Colleen she says "so what your news? How are the girls? Is Dani still in France?" The scene cuts off we never get to hear her response 

Edited by project90

24 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

I see 1993-96 as the Angel Era  with a little overlap with Shannon.

Totally agree! 

For me, the Bobby era really got going in 89 (she's a great, well-used character in her 88 inception but not necessarily overly-dominant in the storyline) with her first wedding and the Morag/Fisher story and it lasts until just after she marries Greg. That's when she has big story after big story (with a couple of quiet periods) and goes through a true journey. 

I've never seen Frank as a dominant character. For me, he was very much a plot device for Roo and Bobby's stories. Whereas Shane had a life of his own and more history in the Bay before he got with Angel. I'd almost say that his first 12 months is the "Shane era", overlapping with Sophie's dominance. She then turns him into a plot device sadly. 

Sophie doesn't truly dominate for me until the David story kicks off. But she's still very prominent for 6-12 months before then just by being there, hanging out in the core teen group. 

Similar with Shannon and Selina. They're very prominent and well used from the moment they join but it's only from middish-95 that they both become dominant with big storylines of their own. As you say, Angel's still very in the thick of it at that point.

Edited by nenehcherry2